1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook's legendary 3rd quarter against 76ers(lowlights included)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by psaman17, Jan 4, 2020.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Well the weird cc "fans" who like to rag on our players and coaches all the time, have a new guy. Maybe they can lay off Harden and also now.

JayGoogle, D-rock and sirbaihu like this.
  2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It’s pretty wild how we went from maybe the smartest player in the league to maybe the least smart player in the league.

jordnnnn likes this.
  3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Don't even care... I love Russell Westbrook! I want his jersey or PJ's in the old school version. Love it. Love this year's team. Love everything that's happening. MDmA is killing it this year. Harden is unreal. 39 ppg. DEar LORD!

4. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

He was killing me... I got so sick of him turning the ball over, and missing shots GEEZ I just wanted him to sit on the bench..

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It’s all mental. He has had some good games for us. He needs to calm down and focus on the game.

ak99999 and vlaurelio like this.
  6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

When he tried to inbound the ball off Simmons back even though he was 10ft away, I laughed out loud.

leeallen, napalm06 and J Sizzle like this.
  7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

All that and we're 2nd in the West with Gordon back & the trade deadline approaching. There is the buyout market too. So don't fret, this group could get better.

leeallen and D-rock like this.
  8. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

He’s one of the most frustrating players I’ve ever watched. He can be so good, but when he’s out of control, which is often, he’s borderline unplayable. And he shouldn’t ever take another 3 pointer...

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I think i saw simmons do that once vs somebody and score

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

11. SemisolidSnake

I'm not going to watch that. Life is depressing enough; I don't understand people's obsession with misery p*rn, whether it's sports, politics, the news (but I repeat myself), or whatever.

I'm just going to point out that whether Chris Paul is the genius he's often made out to be here or not, it doesn't matter. He was playing in quite possibly the lowest IQ system in the league, so all that big brain power was basically worthless. If you put a brilliant engineer on an assembly line, he'll probably do his job more accurately and cleverly than most, but unless he's running the whole assembly line, nearly all his potential is wasted. And if he can't show up for work but 50% to 75% of the time anyway, he's really not worth more than the guy that adequately does the same job 98% of the time (not talking about Russ, just any stiff that can sort of shoot.)

fryjol7, vlaurelio and Hank McDowell like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

I agree, incredible - Rockets still win by 10 but fans cry that win should have been by 20

Spoiled.

vlaurelio likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Winning more than 2018-2019 works for me.

They could be all "dummies" if we get more W's.

smp likes this.
  14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Russell Worstbrick

15. JW86

JW86 Member

Sad a Rockets fan made this, or any person for that matter. Why focus on negativity? Seems asinine to me...

16. Victorious

Victorious Member

Aaaaand we were still up by 12 and won the game lol i love russ

D-rock likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

thank you harden for being that good and being able to make up for it

ak99999 likes this.
  18. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I have a friend who is like this. For him it's because the smug satisfaction of being right is actually preferable to seeing his own team win. He's a cowboy fan who hates Dak, and he is actually happier when they lose because Dak has a bad game than he is when they win. The opportunity to say "I was right" and "I told you so" trumps the feeling of seeing your favorite team win. I'm not here for a discussion/debate on whether or not he's a real fan at all, I don't want to sidetrack this thread, but I think there are a lot of people who are like this.

It's also emotional hedging. If you say your team sucks and they're going to lose, then if they lose you get to feel good about it. "Everybody look at me, I was right, I knew it all along, time to tell everyone how smart I am." But then if you win, well, obviously your team wins and you get to be happy about it. It's the same kinds of people who like to place bets against their own team (he does this too).

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Ultimately, WB's performance against the Sixers is a testament of why any team serious about contending needs at least 2 stars. When one starts ******** the bed, the other one can hopefully take over. Stars and even superstars are still humans meaning they will have games where nothing is going right for them. This includes Harden as well and when that time comes, the real question we should always be asking ourselves is "Can WB carry the load?" He has shown again and again throughout his career that he can, including as recently as this season where there have been games that he has single handily kept us in the game. Keep in mind, CP3 couldn't last season and that's why he's not a Rocket anymore.

20. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I like Westbrook but he couldn't have went to the bench fast enough in this game.

ak99999 likes this.