1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Chance of War with Iran

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mtbrays, May 15, 2019.

1. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Ha... you're the one that is hollering racism.. I'm just stating the obvious..

"Intelligent minorities" LOL!!! So now we're classified!!!

Oh man very very very subtle...

T_Man

mdrowe00, FrontRunner and B-Bob like this.
  2. edwardc

edwardc Member

So by your thinking it's only okay when it's done on American soil and just against American citizens just a question.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think at this point, dangling US assets and troops in a war torn region we destabilized for 17 years and being shocked and chagrined that the local regional superpower makes attempts to push you out is equivalent to tying up a soldier on train tracks for weeks and being shocked and chagrined a train eventually ran over the soldier.

It's as if we are there to bait more proxy ward because it's good for business... Defense contractor business.

Also we are down this downward spiral because of Trump. https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/2020/01/03/us-iran-conflict-since-nuclear-deal/2803223001/

#843 fchowd0311, Jan 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

So we're supposed to behave just like all perceived enemies? Mimicry as policy? Also, just a question.

And I haven't seen Iran go after american cultural sites (like Branson, Missouri, or a NASCAR event).

RayRay10 and FrontRunner like this.
  5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Glove off, attacking cultural, religious, civilian sites and not just military targets have huge costs.

Just questions:

A basic question is are we targetting specific military targets or are we targeting a culture? A religion? You want to engage the government or a whole population? Not considering the basic moral and legal argument, how is angering a culture or religious group(s) within a nation helpful? You not only anger the local population and strengthen their resolve, you will alienate every military and diplomatic relationship that you may have, and potentially causing other Muslim majority nation to come to Iran defense. Furthermore, if the US is willing to engage this way, are we not terrorists? And as terrorist, aren't we subjected to military actions from nations fighting terrorism?

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Because, international and U.S. law?

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. edwardc

edwardc Member

I get what your saying but 45 doesn't give 2 shakes of a rats tale about U.S or International Law.

8. edwardc

edwardc Member

Good point Defense contractors do good during wars.

9. edwardc

edwardc Member

Again it's okay to anger Americans and attack American sites. The current president and his base will call for blood and won't care about international law or U.S laws when it comes to engaging targets.

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I don’t think anyone claim it’s okay to attack cultural, religious or civilian sites. It’s part of the reason why the war on terrorism is an international collaborate effort.

You actually are the only one here that is making an argument that it’s okay. I’m not sure why - what do you see as the benefits? I have already listed a number of costs.

11. edwardc

edwardc Member

I didn't say that it was okay i asked a question.

12. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

13. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

14. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Threatening is not a crime.

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

dems really know how to look weak...

17. WNBA

WNBA Member

It definitely is.

18. marky :)

marky :) Member

Threatening can be a crime though. Not saying if the law applies to what the tweet is referring to but threatening can be a crime.

19. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

In the abstract the average American is against war w. Iran, but history has shown that all you need to turn it around quickly is a pretext given credibility by the media to rally around the flag. Gulf of Tonkin for Vietnam War, the weapons of mass destruction lie in 2003? etc. Just recently I watched as support for massive bombing of Syria which would have increased our involvement there was turned around very quickly. Fortunately Obama in one of his better moments resisted that call for war, by the same neo-cons and their allies the Suadis, the Emiratis and the Israelis to provoke war w, Iran.

BTW anybody see Pelosi causally admitting on national TV that as a member of the House intelligence CMTE she saw the raw intelligence and new Cheny and Bush were deceiving about wmd's.

20. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

He also said he was not volunteering because his Rice U degree and his desk job in the energy sector made him too valuable to risk his ass. lol a true Chickenhawk. I doub t he even had the balls to put a yellow ribbon on his car.