1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Witcher series on Netflix confirmed!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheRedRanger, May 17, 2017.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

Gets a lot better by the fourth.

Yung-T likes this.
  2. omgTHEpotential

I wasn't convinced at the beginning either. But now, I don't regret watching the entire season. It's not on Breaking Bad or GOT level, but it's a good show if you're not discouraged by the genre / subject matter. I think it would seem even better if it didn't have such hype.

Yung-T and donkeypunch like this.
  3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Agreed, but unlike stranger things, this show at least lived up to it. (unpopular opinion)

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  4. omgTHEpotential

I wouldn't know. I've dropped Stranger Things after episode 2, lol.

5. donkeypunch

Damn, good for you. I wasted my time thinking it was gonna turn on at some point because of the damn hype. That hype train was a train wreck.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I think being a kid would help in the judgement in that series. Being an adult you have seen it before I guess.

7. donkeypunch

I dont think Ive ever seen an alternate universe before my eyes with a little bald 10 year old girl with powers in my adult life.

Yung-T and peleincubus like this.
  8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You should definitely watch the first season, the other two are mediocre though.

omgTHEpotential and tinman like this.
  9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

people need to understand how these long series work. I wasn't into GOT until second season where I thought it got good.

Even the Witcher game, it took me a few quests then it took off. Patience is not what people have these days.

#109 tinman, Jan 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
    omgTHEpotential and Yung-T like this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

This is just awesome. Diversity is dope

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I realized after I watched it, that the author of the books was Polish.

They have their own spelling...... Lucas - Lukasz, Jennifer - Yennefer, Andrzej - Andrew

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

dyywalkerzj

daywalker02 and B-Bob like this.
  13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

This review is what convinced me to watch the show. It’s misleading - you’d think everyone is naked, all the time. They’re not. It’s about on par with GOT in the nudity aspect. (The nudity isn’t why I watched.)

I’ll give the show a solid B. It’s very rushed at times and you either have to fill in the blanks mentally or have been a fan. I never read the books and had only heard about the game. I do like how they don’t lead the viewer by the nose with flashback titles- you have to figure it out on your own.

The world is refreshing. I’ve recently begun to enjoy foreign non-western writers more and more because their own backgrounds and cultures are so different and it is reflected in their writing. The Witcher world is dark and gothic and it reflects the author’s Polish upbringing. I love it.

Cavil is very good in this and I like him more as an actor now. The rest of the cast is solid as well. I think adding in multiple ethnicities is pandering to the audience but it doesn’t bother me. It was sort of jarring when Hollywood started doing it ~20 years ago but its now a regular thing. I wish they would explain it because I’m sort of an amateur anthropologist but I know I’ll never get an on-screen reason so I’ll just come up with it in my head.

Looking forward to the next season and I’m going to read the books, which, by the way, are tearing up Amazon’s best-sellers list now.

Yung-T, daywalker02 and arkoe like this.
  14. tinman

Supporting Member

Yeah Witcher mania is in full swing . The video games are actually now more popular than ever.
    I never read the books but the first season was based on the first book and some parts of the second. There are seven books and then the plot of the video games so there won’t be a game of thrones issue where there’s no source material.
    Yeah that’s not real nudity @Jontro

15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Hopefully it's worth the hype.

By the way, I've seen the comments on this thread about acting- I think when people see what they think is 'bad acting' it's really just poor editing.

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Toss A Coin To Your Witcher is the last banger of the decade

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

GOT dragon vs Witcher Dragon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

peleincubus likes this.
  19. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I finally started watching this and it's solid. Cavil (aka Superman) is great and as mentioned, I enjoy the flashes of tatas...Yennifer is great, can't wait to see more...I've watched 3 episodes and hope to run through the rest by the weekend...

20. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I've never played the game or read the books, so I didn't really feel any connection to the show going into it. I binged the series and it was ok. I thought it would be the answer to the GOT void, but it really wasn't. It took me a few episodes to fully understand the 3 different timelines going on and Yennifer and the Bard are kind of annoying to me. I stuck with it though, and the Cavill fight choreography really kept me in the series.