1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

On to Kansas City they go for the Divisonal Round

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Pringles09, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

It will be awesome to see houston beat KC, but lets get real, this game is in KC, and they are gonna blow right pass us. I see the same thing happening to Tenn. It will be a battle of Young QB, and for good reason because Holmes and Jackson, just a step ahead of Watson, and i think its gonna be Ravens vs 49ers in SB.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nah, he was very clearly hurt and that definitely affects throwing. I'm guessing he's not going to play as badly as he did before.

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

3 of his last 6 games have been under 200 yards throwing the ball.

Teams are running more man against him and he has struggled to be as effective against it as he is against zone.

GradyMcTracy and DavidRocket like this.
  4. thedude077

thedude077 Member

But the playoffs is a different animal.

juanm34 likes this.
  5. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Watson should be able to move on the KC D with Nuke and maybe Fuller ( mr glass).
    Watson vs Mahomes will be a great matchup but the real matchup will be Reid vs O’Brien

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What is it about refs and Houston teams? That was far from the only time the Oilers were robbed by the refs when it mattered most. :-(

gfab-babyboi and Marteen like this.
  7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Ravens and Niners are probably the best two teams I saw all year.

juanm34 likes this.
  8. vator

vator Contributing Member

Let’s not try to act like playing the Chiefs is a layup or something, but I’d much rather take my chances against them than the Ravens. In that regard, I see nothing wrong with people expressing their excitement about this matchup. It feels like we at least have a chance to win and gives people something to be excited about going into next week as opposed to trying to talk yourself into how we plan on beating a hot 14-2 Ravens team that completely mopped us on both sides of the ball earlier this season.

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Reality is Houston can be a different animal in a positive way we have the momentum.

10. Mattician

Mattician Member

The Chiefs aren't the same team this time around. Though, there should still be some confidence from beating them earlier this season. They aren't unbeatable.

Can't have a slow start. It's been a problem all season.
    The Texans probably can't comeback from a 16-0 deficit against them like the Bills. Sure, they did comeback from a 17-3 deficit earlier this season, but Mahomes wasn't 100%.

Keep it competitive early and the Texans have a chance.

#50 Mattician, Jan 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    deb4rockets and PhiSlamma15 like this.
  11. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

and KC more fully loaded overall now

12. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

It's not that hard to get on Billy BBoy..he makes it easy

13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I’m tired of hearing about Mahomes being hurt. He played. It’s the NFL, players play hurt all the time. The Texans beat them and it was a legitimate, quality win. Mahomes doesn’t need anyone’s excuses.

That said... I think we lose this one. Much better chance than having to play the Ravens right now, but I’m going Chiefs by 10. Prove me wrong Texans.

14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

KC should be favored to win, but should be worried.

KC has a better offense but a worse defense. The question will be if the KC offense can keep up scoring with the Texans offense. A handful of defensive stops by the Texans may be enough to win the game. Easier said than done.

We will see.

15. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Every year is different. Haven't you thought the AFC South was terrible in many prior years?

Hoping for an offensive bonanza Sunday.

16. the shark

the shark Member

The Oilers were up 35-3.

They were winning "going away".

They have/had NOBODY to blame for that debacle than themselves. Offense did jack $hit in the 2nd half.

DavidRocket likes this.
  17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The Texans need to establish the run. I know everybody's favorite line is to lament the first down runs up the middle... but the running game is equivalent to what half-court offense is in the NBA playoffs.... its important. They beat KC earlier this year by dominating the time of possession and limiting how many snaps Mahomes and that offense had, and the running game was a huge part of that.

If Buffalo had an ounce of smartness yesterday, they wouldn't have been so quick to abandon the running game... which was actually gashing the Texans pretty significantly.

18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. It's like Watson plays best starting in the 3rd quarter. We need that come from behind and win confidence starting from the 1st quarter. In the first half there was too much holding the ball too long and not seeing open receivers in time before getting sacked or trying to run too late and getting nowhere.

#58 deb4rockets, Jan 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  19. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I guess you were really happy at how prepared the Oilers were to start the playoff game against the Bills in ‘92. Impressed you, did it? Not sure why no one talks about that Super Bowl of Preparedness victory the Oilers achieved but instead chooses to focus on the end result. Media conspiracy?

20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

A healthier Mahomes will be able to move the ball pretty easily on our defense. Texans won't win this game by playing the conservative type offense they played against Buffalo. They'll need to let Deshaun air it out a bit. Hopefully we have Fuller back as he allows us to do that better.

houston19519 likes this.