1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Chance of War with Iran

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mtbrays, May 15, 2019.

1. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

If there is a war how is the military supposed to do its job when 45 is broadcasting every potential move on twitter and 2 his buddies at the country club.

astros123 and No Worries like this.
  2. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

3. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

If Iran really wanted to get revenge on Trump, they would release all of his personal info and loans that he has with Russia and also his tax documents....

T_Man

joshuaao, dobro1229 and No Worries like this.
  4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

WWIII has started.

B@ffled likes this.
  5. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

John Pompeo... and John Smallberries too.

joshuaao and RayRay10 like this.
  7. Exiled

Exiled Member

He's way better than both Bush and Obama when it comes to foriegn policy in regards to Iraq/Iran

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Dude, he is way better than them combined x a trillion x infinity to the exponent of the higher power (if you know what I mean) ((Lou Dobbs style))

B-Bob, Amiga and pgabriel like this.
  9. Exiled

Exiled Member

oh no , this is your expertise area

Bush handed them the key to Iraq.
    Obama embarrassingly was begging to break any deal, while they laughed @him repeatedly( you can multiple that too )
    : Kaka Siah, who submitted to the power of Al-Mehdi

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yeah try to make sense of it all. Good luck

It boils down to money. It's as simple as that.

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

When is the last time al qaeda did something?

I don't give a crap about iran iraq syria afghnisstan etc etc etc

You know who extinguished them? The Permian Basin.

2006 called bro. They want their persian gulf significance back

B@ffled likes this.
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You do realize that alliances aren't necessarily affected by Trump being under the influence of Putin.

Trump has taken Russian money - some reports they underwrote his loans, some that they laundered money to him through real estate dealings. The public can't know since Trump has hidden his tax records which likely is a cover-up of some type.

He has already shown he is willing to cover-up his illegal activities by refusing access to witnesses and trying to hide documents. And it's clear that he didn't have any justification on the timing of this attack - itself a potentially illegal use of power.

So what this action does is prove that he is not fit to be president. We can't trust him. He will go war to win an election and needs to be gotten rid of for the good of the nation. I hope finally you can see that.

13. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

14. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

the comments in this tweet make me lose my mind. How easily are Americans manipulated? They actually believe the Iranian moral high ground posturing. They slaughtered 200 of their own people a couple months ago what makes you believe they would have a problem killing Americans?

15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Iran, if you are listening ...

16. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

I agree with you. Look at Trump now. :D

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

All rhis war talk is stupid from both sides. Iran's going to start a war with us avenging a guy who orchestrated an attack on an embacy? Whats the upside for them?

From the other side, Trump started this backing out of the nuclear treaty, but that doesn't justify attacking an embacy. That had to be responded to

But the same Trump haters want to stay in Syria. Ridiculous all around

The sanctions are causing unrest there. They aren't stupid enough to believe war with us will help that situation

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The “attack” on the embassy was not a response to sanctions. It was a response to a series of missile attacks against Iranian-backed Shia Iraqi militias that killed a couple dozen people. The protest was a message that the US presence was no longer welcome in Iraq. And that’s not merely a sentiment coming from Iran.

Did Iran orchestrate or order the protest? Who knows. I certainly would not take the US admin or military establishment at its word when they make such claims. There are just too many people there who have been angling for a military confrontation with Iran.

joshuaao, RayRay10 and pgabriel like this.
  19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Twitter comment reply’s... the ultimate barometer for the American thought experiment.

“People” are generally not as stupid as the the top of the commenting section of twitter FYI. It is not the general consensus of the left or Democrats that just because Trump is trying to start a war with Iran that now all the sudden everyone thinks the Iranian government is now part of “The Squad” or something. That’s how FoxNews and other right wing propaganda outlets will portray the situation in order to further divide our country but it’s not true at all.

I know this is where we are going so I just want to plant that flag in the ground now. I’m not going to sit here and let that innuendo stir.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Thanks for the correction. I haven't kept up closely, i did try to check before i posted to verify what the protest was about.

That being said, the militias apparently attacked bases that house Americans. So the missile strikes against the militias are justified in my mind.

On the protest, i thought it was pretty much confirmed they were orchestrated by the Iranian military