1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Sixers @ Rockets 1/3/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 2, 2020.

1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

i really hate posts like this after one bad shooting game from the line from a player. This one is really stupid considering Westbrook shot 90 percent from the line in December

2. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

I love Clint celebrating on big plays. Brings some much needed energy to the team

I knew clint came to play after this dunk

#1162 HoustonTexas, Jan 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  3. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

Capela punked Embiid. Kept going at him at the rim

[​IMG]
    (from twitter)

#1163 HoustonTexas, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

that was only part of the post, but point taken. i just looked up his% and i can't believe it's 80. i catch most of the games, but for some reason every time i watch Russ at the line he's not shooting well. Thanks for pointing that out; stats have no bias. Glad he is improving on his poor start.

#1164 Aruba77, Jan 3, 2020
  5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think Lillard needs to be paired with a better defensive guard than Harden. We lost a lot of defense after Paul left, wed be going in the negatives with Lillard.

On the other hand the offense would be absolute fire with Harden and Lillard

6. HP3

HP3 Member

Thanks for answering my questions. Im pretty surprised youd still take the Cp3 of now over Lillard, thats interesting. As for Westbrook i understand you points, but Im gonna take it game by game. He's had flashes of brilliance like that Clipper game, I still believe he can be that guy for us. Thanks for answering my questions.

amaru likes this.
  7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hopefully all the haters wanting to trade Capella can see now that he is definitely a keeper. Are you forgetting he is only 25?

James and Clint were were on fire tonight. They stole the show!!! I love those alley oops. I've been missing them. I also like that James isn't forcing as many 3's. These last 4 games he's only been averaging 10 3's a game, but shooting at .585. Now that's the maturity I've been waiting for! He's playing smarter, and doing it at an MVP level.

James, Clint, and Russ scored 94 points to
    Embid, Harris, and Simmons' 73 pts. No contest! Great win!!!

8. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Lol we beat the sixers after dominating the nuggets and the person has 3 negative take aways, 1 obvious statement and 1 potential positive statement

Rocks92, Drogba and icewill36 like this.
  9. amaru

amaru Member

91.1 % to be exact.

hakeem94, Drogba and deb4rockets like this.
  10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly! That's another reason I want to see 21 yr old Hartenstein develop. If Clint gets hacked at least Hartenstein can fill in, and won't be a hacking target. He shoots the free throws well for a big man.

hakeem94, Rocket River and amaru like this.
  11. icewill36

icewill36 Member

russ didnt even really play that bad yall damn. im good with whatever russ does as long he is taking good shots. obviously he missed a few open layups/dunks, but was still 9-22.... i will take all the shots he took tonight every night. he is 13-22 without the missed dunks. he wont miss dunks that often. i dont like the missed FTs, but he has been shooting so well from line, idk why you guys trip so much over one bad game. yall always focus way too much on westbrook and seem to want to blame him for everything. i cant believe how much negativity is on the board all the time.

as a team we were good, but could've been better, and STILL thoroughly outplayed a team 10 games over .500 before the mid point of the season. i am a believer in this team. i dont know why it is so hard for you all to see how good this team is currently, and will be come playoff time if healthy.

Rocket River, jcmoon, Rocks92 and 4 others like this.
  12. JackLordsHair66

I thought he was sloppy, out of control a lot, and shooting some dumb shots he really didn't need to shoot. The fact that he got yanked twice by Dantoni when he was playing sort of dumb and the Sixers went on their runs told me quite a lot. HE wasn't flat out awful but tonight was not one of his better games in the last 15-20.

13. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Elton came into a perfect situation and somehow ruined the 76ers. They need to find their fire and do it quickly.

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Really sloppy. He was playing like he's a jittery rookie or something, just forcing it out of frustration.

glad he hit some important shots in the 4th to stop the bleeding when we needed it

15. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

16. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

salute! another big big win, in consideration of philly a good defensive team.
    in this game, harden is so energetic on both defense and offense, 44pts, 11reb, 11ast, there are 2 keys harden need maintaining: 1) wearing headband and keeping that lovely hairstyle 2) asking for load management, once in a while, esp for those games against low-end teams.

[​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Freaking disgusting

BigShasta, lionaire, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  18. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

One thing I was looking at in the team stats which jumped out, Rockets won the Rebounding battle. That is pretty amazing considering Sixers were playing with two centers during decent part of the game. Those fools like @YOLO and the other guy who constantly ask for CP3 don't realize the impact Russ has on the boards. Good good sign for Lakers

hakeem94, deb4rockets, Drogba and 2 others like this.
  19. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

I’m not sure if anybody brought this up before but the Westbrook experience reminds me of the Dwight Howard experience.

they’ll do something incredible that only a couple players are capable of.

than we’ll get a DH post up brick or a dumb shooting fouls.

Highs and Los

20. Sajan

Sajan Member

Around the six minute mark left in the fourth quarter, WB did something stupid and I told my brother-in-law they need to take Russ out before he loses the game for us.
    Coincidently immediately after Danton’s took him out and brought in Maclemore .