1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Netflix: 6 Underground

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by NewRoxFan, Dec 29, 2019.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I really liked it. I knew going in it was a Michael Bay movie, so that tempered my expectations....but I enjoyed it.

2. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

This is probably middle of the road Bay. It does have some redeeming action, cast and characters are ok but a bit forgettable and it's beautifully shot, but the plot is nonsensical and hard to even follow, especially since they jump back and forth in time. It's definitely not Pearl Harbor or Revenge of the Fallen Bad. It's more like Bad Boys or the Island. Just very average.

The other problem is that it feels like every single frame of the movie is crafted to be a money shot. I know that's Bay's style, but it's increased ten-fold here. Practically every single shot in the movie feels no longer than 3-5 seconds before cutting to another character close-up, cityscape, explosion, gunshot, exit wound, or women's ass. The pace is way too fast and the cuts way too quick. It's almost a bit nauseating, and definitely annoying.

It pretty much sets up sequels too, pretty blatantly in fact, and in the first act.