1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets have solid bench.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Dec 30, 2019.

1. ramotadab

ramotadab Member

NeNe? I haven't seen that dude in uniform or on the bench this season?

2. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Rockets do not have solid bench.

Greedydex and D-rock like this.
  3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Correction: NeNe isn't actually there at all.

D-rock likes this.
  4. txtodd

txtodd Member

A lesser William Howard

5. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

very accurate post.
    I don't think any of us were really certain Capella was going to be what he is now when he first started playing. I think if Hartenstein knew he is going to play 15 minutes he would use his energy accordingly and actually be a net positive.

clark can be the next PJ tucker I think (maybe Tucker-lite) and he is showing he can hit that shot occasionally.

Clemons can be instant offense if used effectively, i.e when other team has majority of their bench guards in the line up. The backups wont be able to expose his lack of height as much and he can light them up in the meantime.

charlieaustin and Rocket River like this.
  6. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

lol you are right about that. I initially thought the title was sarcasm before I read the post bc well chances of that being true on cluchfans is greater

jamisonrocket likes this.
  7. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Rockets, bench if used right, coupled with the starter has potential to make this team very special....

TOO BAD MIKE D IS AN IDIOT.

fattz likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah what an idiot. eric gordon where have you been. its mda's fault you had to have surgery

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree Rockets have a solid bench. Everyone who doesn't see it has cataracts.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Solid is not good enough if winning championship is the goal.

BaselineFade and jcmoon like this.
  11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

maybe a.. D-rock solid bench?

I nailed it. I'm done for the day.

Smacktle, Elephant810 and D-rock like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

I don't see it.

I like Gordon (assuming House starts) and Rivers because he defends and has huge balls.

McLemore is streaky but does stretch the defense......... and that is about it.

Hartenstein is solid as a #3 center.

The rest of them are kindling for setting a fire..... too many mediocre players...

That is a rotation of 7 players and two guys that can get double digit minutes sometimes......

Fatty needs to talk to Mr. Landry's and get him on board with adding a defensive wing and a 4/5 hybrid that is rotation quality.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

@Nook, I know you don't see it. You wear sun shades inside.

Nook likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

I would rather be wrong than right on this issue..... I just feel strongly the Rockets need additions to make the Finals.

DreamShook likes this.
  15. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Rivers,EG,BMac, Clark, Hart, Tyson, Clemons, Thabo.

If we are looking at regular rotation guys I guess that's Rivers, EG, BMac and either Harty, Chandler or Clark as the 9th man.

If we are talking playoffs Rivers and EG are the only 2 that we can trust based on history. Tyson and Thabo may bee too old and Clark and Hart may be too young. We just don't know yet. I guess that's my main issue with the bench, and I include House in this. We have no idea if we can trust most of these guys under playoff pressure.

As I'm typing this it's becoming even more clear why we were so good in 17-18. We started the season with EG, Luc, PJ, and a still very effective Nene. GG was our 10th man. CP running that second unit was like a dream. That was championship level. Ariza missed 15 games and I think we won all of them. That team was almost injury proof. Quality NBA depth at nearly every position.

Our current bench isn't quite there but Tilman and Morey still have time to do something. It's probably foolish but I still have hope.

D-rock and snowconeman22 like this.
  16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Yeah dude . I think we are underrating some of our rosters in the past . Think about it . That team was able to challenge peak golden state . And that was after losing quality depth .

The 3 best rockets squads I’ve seen have all come in the last 10 years . 08-09, 14-15, and 17-18 . Those teams were all contenders if healthy . Golden state got extremely lucky in the playoffs that year with DMO , Beverley out , Dwight injured . And the love and Irving out for Cleveland.
    08-09 is self explanatory, but also the injuries were the least unexpected. Only in 17-18 did things come together long enough in the regular season for them to show the results in the W/L column . Too bad cp3 couldn’t hang on a bit longer and Luc had better shoulders .

D-rock and BaselineFade like this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Something have to baked or heated to become solid
    We have the recipe. . we have the pieces
    but
    They need to get into that GAME FIRE to solidify

Rocket River

DreamQuake likes this.
  18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

How many wins do we get for leading after 3 quarters

BaselineFade, napalm06 and D-rock like this.
  19. riko

riko Member

Nene is unofficially retired. The only reason he re-upped was for us to use his contract as as a trade bait and he still gets paid millions to do nothing

D-rock likes this.
  20. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Besides gordon and Tucker every one of those fellas belong on the bench. Yes even DHouse. Definitely need a better starting lineup.