1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ryen Russillo]There are people around the league who believe that Westbrook is available for trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

He does that a lot

2. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

those rockets teams were deeper..even carl herrera, matt bullard.

i think chris clemons can be better than sam cassell. rivers is already a stud. we need to find our maxwell and horry on the cheap. impossible.

house aint cutting it. nor is ben.

3. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Almost anything is more efficient than a Russell jumper lol

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

And still they refuse to address the real problem. Such a "Hardheaded" organization.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Adrian Dantley never lead League in assists. Nor was he even close to the scorer Harden is and no where near as efficient.

Just stop with the ridiculous comparisons.

6. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

AD was an offense only player the same as Harden... a ball dominate player the same as Harden... There are also other similarities...

But as I stated, the threads will be many at the end of the season about needing a new superstar with Harden...

T_Man

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

How many great ball dominant players have ther been in NBA history and you choose Adrian Dantley???

There has been no player to achieve what Harden has done in terms of efficiency. Harden is far from a defensive black hole when he is tops in steals and deflection plus the best post defender in the game, even vs. 7 footers.

Only player that is better scorer than Harden in NBA history is Wilt Chamberlain.

Just stop with the ignorant hate.

clutchdabear likes this.
  8. T_Man

And when did Wilt earn his championship ring?

Late in his career when he had to learn to play team ball....

If Wilt would have learned to stop playing selfish and stop thinking he could do it all on his own, he may have won more championships....

Bill Russell, learned early on in the process that he needed to focus on rebounding and defense to win a championship...

You keep going on and on and on... The rockets have had the talent with Harden to be in the final numerous times, but he didn't learn or change... He's a helluva scorer... But in order to beat the elites you have too play teamball and that means moving the ball on offense, doing all the small things to show he's leading with his actions...

Again, he's a more explosive AD... The same things were said about AD during his time...

T_Man

deshen likes this.
  9. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

in my opinion the problem wasn't/isn"t CP3 or Russ...the problem is we never filled the defensive void left behind by Ariza and Moute. As a result, Russ can become a problem/fall guy because he's forced to take more shots when everyone else on the roster is chucking bricks.

I expect to see most teams make runs against the Rockets all season long (like the nets did without Kryrie or Durant), unless they fix their Ariza/Moute problem OR EG/Russ play out of their freaking minds..especialy come playoff time

#229 PhiSlamma15, Dec 29, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Dominant.

Not dominate.

clutchdabear and harold bingo like this.
  11. T_Man

Thank you...

Still love my android...

T_Man

RudyTBag likes this.
  12. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Wilt’s teammates vs Bill’s teammates would have been a sweep for the Celtics every year. Even if Russell never played on those Celtics teams I still don’t know if any team would have beaten them.

In regards to Harden’s teammates being good enough to get us to the finals several times I disagree with you. Are you just going to ignore Golden State? There existence absolutely matters in this discussion. If Houston still played in the Eastern conference then your statement would ring true with me but the fact that they had to go up against Golden State every year this makes the statement false at least to me.

The one time I believe Harden let us down was against the Spurs but I am convinced that he was concussed.

The statement that Harden is just a glorified Dantley clone is a joke and so disrespectful coming from a Rocket fan. What dominant scorer or shooter has he ever had in his Rockets days? EG? A better question would be has he ever had a teammate that could handle the ball and create for others? Maybe Parsons and then Paul but we really had him only for one year.

I think Hardens greatest manipulation to date has been to induce amnesia upon millions of people who before each season have said that we have a garbage roster and then after the season say that we choked...

clutchdabear, Richie_Rich and D-rock like this.
  13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

C'mon man - don't be silly.
    Adrian Dantley had 3 assist per game on his career. And he shot 17% from 3. Can't you see the legitimate comparison between them!?!?!

Also, Harden only focuses on offence, because some knob put out a youtube vid a few years back that made Shaq laugh. Dantly was the same, but without the youtube video, and he didn't actually play defence. Dantly with 150 career blocks and 900 career steals - Harden is WAY past those numbers already.

Oh, and Dantley was a much better scorer than Harden. He averaged just over 30 per game for a couple of seasons. I'd like to see Harden do that? I bet Harden can't even beat Jordan's scoring record this season. Loooser.

D-rock likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Dantley was a career 17% from 3 and 3 assists a game.

Dantley was a notoriously selfish player and stats support that. That is far from what Harden is or how he plays.

As a Rockets fan, try harder, do better. James Harden is unique, once in lifetime talent and we are lucky to have him in Houston.

15. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Whats the real problem?

16. Le$$

Le$$ Member

This team has beaten the clippers at home something the lakers didnt do, so lets just close this thread lol.

RudyTBag and D-rock like this.
  17. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Is Chris Clemons making Westbrook expendable?

18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

We definitely need/needed to find replacements for Ariza and Moute. Problem is we're paying Mr Russ the same amount we are paying Harden which doesn't leave much now to get what we need. We have redundant pieces on this team but I don't see how any of them will yield us the Ariza/Moute replacement.
    You think New Orleans would make that trade? They would probably laugh at us.
    If we are going to sell high, Westbrook is the one we have to sell as soon as possible. His game will not translate well the older he gets. Harden is crafty smart and sharp. He can shoot and he is known to adjust his game. Do we offer him a giant contract after his four years is over? Most likely not. He can still however be extremely amazing for us and helpful for a championship run.

#238 tycoonchip, Dec 29, 2019
    fattz and PhiSlamma15 like this.
  19. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

If you going to trade Russ. You go unicorn hunting! 6'9" - 6'11 PF with perimeter skills. Ben Simmons would be my target even though he is listed as a PG.

Doubt Russ get's moved though. This team can get better with minor moves. Isaiah might ready be for rotation minutes in my eyes..

This offense needs to be more versatile to win big.

To my paragraph/indention haters >>> SAFD

#239 ballplayer, Dec 29, 2019
  20. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

I think Harden would go "Nuclear" in the worst of ways if Russ was traded