1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ryen Russillo]There are people around the league who believe that Westbrook is available for trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Dec 26, 2019.

1. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Yep this Rockets team is only 21-10 and all the way down to the 4th seed in the West while missing playtime from our 3rd/4th best player who plays a key role when Harden or other star sits out. Go ahead and blow it up. /s

2. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

I could have sworn after we beat the Clippers the other day "Rockets are elite" again in the media. Lose one bad game to a bad GS team and now it's time to trade Russ. Him and Harden have been playing well together, Russ is starting to find his role better in the system. And when Harden is getting doubled up, it lets Russ drive to the rim and or find shooters. When EG gets back the Rockets will be even better and more deadly. I want EG taking those 3s over House and Ben. I can't imagine the rockets would trade Russ... this season. Next year if we don't win, he will be out the door like Dantoni and our GM. You might find all 3 of them on the Knicks. Maybe not Dantoni.

Stephen_A, Plowman, s3ts and 6 others like this.
  3. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I hear you guys and you're saying that Harden is making these guys worst, but on the other hand he's not making guys better.

Any order to win championships you have to give up something and change. Jordan had to change, Hakeem had to change, Wilt had to change... Dantley never changed and he never got a championship. Magic Johnson once stated that Superstars make Good Players Great!!!

Harden is a helluva offensive player, so was Dantley.. But to win a championship it takes more, it takes all of the little things and I do agree the offensive schema does suck. One against five will not win you a championship.

T_Man

tycoonchip likes this.
  4. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

What's your definition of "major"? Because after Hakeem we haven't been to the Finals with any other personnel either.

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Apparently "people around the league" and "multiple sauces" is all it takes to get your own show... The more you know!

6. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Which is why last game he was passing it out with no one making anything and our second star playing terrible. We need Gordon. Gordon has always been the difference maker when we need big shots while Harden gets double teamed. Gordon problem is that he goes on cold streaks but if we have him and get some help on the bench we are fine

7. smp

smp Member

Harden is getting these guys wide open shots that they could not create for themselves. He is making them better in that way.

Unfortunately, he can’t also hit the shot for them.

What kills me is that we won’t surround Harden with snipers for some reason. If we are only going to shoot 3’s then only get sharp shooters. **** it. Go all in on it.

BaselineFade likes this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

10. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

[​IMG]

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

pippendagimp and Reeko like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

I legit laughed as well...I managed to hold it in until I saw “Big 3 of Westbrook, Randle, and Knox”

everyone with sauces is active now after this “report”

13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, this should end the thread... Lock it up.

If Houston trades Westbrook.... That'd be stupid to put it lightly... I mean is this the newest tactic by the media? You don't break up a team that's ~30 games in...

Patience and Rocket River like this.
  14. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The thing is...Russillo will generate tons of clicks, and they will cycle around to all the major outlets. It doesn't matter if it isn't true. All that matters is now there's more ammo to use against the Rockets. The media salivates.

16. deshen

deshen Member

It sounds about right. EG 3PT% is 28.4, House @39.7 and Ben @35.8

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

tycoonchip likes this.
  18. thekad

thekad Member

Obviously false trade rumor but I do wonder what Barrett + filler contracts could fetch at the trade deadline.

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, trading Westbrook and his gigantic contract + detritus / cap crap (Sefolosha, Hartenstein, Green for this season because he can’t play anyway) is likely the only way we’d upgrade the roster (nothing against Westbrook, until Christmas he’d been playing better).

But the whole thing being “un-“, as in, “un-true,” “unlikely,” “unbelievable”, we shouldn’t lend it much credence.

20. s3ts

s3ts Member

If we trade Westbrook, it should be to blow up the team.

Seeing as how we aren't doing terribly, it would only jeopardize the credibility of the Rockets organization to trade Westbrook when he hasn't even broken in his jersey yet. We already have a reputation, it seems, to see players as assets, especially if you're not a star player. I would hope the organization knows not to make it any worse than it is.

Rocket River likes this.