1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook wins games we wouldn't have won in the past

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Dec 21, 2019.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

dont believe a minute what he says, hes is a hater, he just pretends like hes a reasonable one, hes putting an act not to get a bad rap on this board, because it aint fun.... just ask @BasketMAD and @fchowd0311 if you dont believe me

DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  2. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Cp3 is deteriorating, he is very good when he was young. Get westbrooks better. The point is how to make our forward part stronger in order to get champion this year. Next year, Warriors will come back

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'd rather have Corey Brewer over Thabo right now.

4. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

yes, it is, as long as he can get a hold of himself. he is a double edge sword.

5. today

today Contributing Member

Very pleased tonight, only frustrated me one time, and marginally at that. Nice game Russ :)

6. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Donatello you did well again tonight.

Lawlruschang and hakeem94 like this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yet another game we wouldnt have won without WB...tell me how bad he is again lmao

D-rock, RudyTBag and hakeem94 like this.
  8. MystikArkitect

Let's not say things we cant take back.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

cp3 w/o harden beat a full GS team a year ago. cool

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  10. Adam Silver

Adam Silver Member

Westbrook loses game you wouldn't have won in the past. Especially in playoffs.

11. Adam Silver

Adam Silver Member

He's really bad. One of the worst shooters ever. Bad match for Rockets.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Westbrook sure knows how to lose games we would have won in the past

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

this isn't squarely on him. Its common sense that if you put 2 ball dominant guards together they should compliment each other... very well. And in an offense like the rockets you can't succeed next to harden unless you can knock down open shots--just becaue of the nature of morey/MDA. He's a terrible shooter which is what everybody already knew, so he's kind of set up to fail. Only the blind homers on here that can't really think for themselves thought this was good.

Sajan and YOLO like this.
  14. Sajan

Sajan Member

Right. Or you need to have legitimate shooters on the floor when Russ is playing. Right now you have harden getting double teamed, and then a bunch of poor shooters...and on days they can shoot decent...we have a chance, otherwise you saw what happened yest.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

aka Russ isn't your ideal fit. this was known from day 1. this is the volatility you get with him on this team. you'll see the good and bad. the big question is where is the happy medium. will hou ever get to see some kind of long term/extended consistency. we've seen a good amount of both extremes but not enough of the in between

Sajan and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  16. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

CP3's first season here Rockets had the best record in franchise history and won tons of difficult road games including back to backs and 4 games in 5 nights. That team was business like and didn't have many losses where you felt sick last night. With Westbrook we've already 4-5 losses like that and Westbrook has looked terrible in almost half the games played.

17. Sajan

Sajan Member

I am hoping EG can bring the happy medium. You can't depend on House to be your 2nd best shooter on the floor...

D-rock likes this.
  18. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Mostly agree with what you're saying here but want to add one caveat -- I think you can only succeed next to Harden if you can do SOMETHING productive when you're open at the 3 point line. For 99% of players the answer to this is to knock down your open shot. However, we have seen a couple games earlier in the season where Harden was doubled, he passed to Westbrook open at the 3 point line, and Westbrook drove to the hoop full speed because there was nobody in front of him. This usually got a layup, foul, lob to Clint, or even a pass out to someone who can actually shoot. If he can turn his "open" opportunities into a drive and kick situation, and that gives open shots for our better shooters, I think that can work.

If you wanna play next to Harden, his passes to you open at the 3 point line that better turn into something good. I just don't think it HAS to be a shot.

D-rock and heypartner like this.
  19. today

today Contributing Member

Well I never would have guessed in a million years that Russ could be as efficient as he has been since Capela's departure and RoCo's arrival.

A month ago I had to take a break from watching games, I was so frustrated and mad. Now that the lane is wide open, everything is clicking and Russ is in the best system possible to succeed.

I initially felt like this transformation was a desperate attempt at a Plan B to save the season, but now I'm wondering if this is something that Morey has wanted to try for awhile now.

I'd love to hear the inside scoop on how this all played out... @Codman ? @ch44 ? @cyberx ?

D-rock likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

This is MDA's baby.

RocketRed4life and Os Trigonum like this.