1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 12/25/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 24, 2019.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nuggets lost to the Pelicans too lol

At the end of the day, the playoffs are all that matters.

Any game you get through without a major injury is a successful game.

They do have to stop dropping these games to bad teams though, at least the parity is such that they are still in the hunt for a top 2 seed so whatever. Hopefully, guys can hit shots next game and Ego can help when they do this double team mess.

D-rock, Patience, darksoul35 and 3 others like this.
  2. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

They'll win the championship this year.. don't worry.

D-rock and malakas like this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A loss that shouldn’t have happened, but **** like this happens. Learn from it and move on. I have to say things like that or go out and buy some Tums at 1am. Not something I want to do in this part of Houston.

D-rock, Patience, roslolian and 2 others like this.
  4. JackLordsHair66

That's scary to look at you missed the Piston's owning us for most of that game at home too (yes Russ wasn't playing but still we were out hustled and out played easily in that game and they were w/o Blake in the second half)

It's a troubling trend and not one that I think bodes well for a "championship caliber" team. Just a woeful loss no matter how you try to justify it. This team is weak defensively and I don't see these kind of meltdowns ending anytime soon with the roster we have.

5. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

I’m not worried. Once EG10 is back, we should improve. Every team has a couple of these games every season.

Does anyone know if G-Green is coming back this season?

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

:eek:<< for safety

J Sizzle, Patience and lw17 like this.
  7. rockets13champs

Brooklyn plays hard I wouldn’t be surprised if we lost to them too

8. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Seems like the rockets just said heck with this game at 5 mins to go in 3rd quarter. Maybe they are tired from the first 2 months of the year. I mean they are 21-10, its not that bad of a start.

J Sizzle likes this.
  9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are 2 days the league should leave for families to spend together. They play enough games as it is. There is too much greed in the NBA, and any other business that feels a need to deprive employees of family time those 2 days of the year. I'm more disappointed MDA didn't play Harty than anything else. If guys' heads weren't in the game I don't blame them one bit.

The Rockets are who they are. They aren't going to miraculously start being a good defensive team when Gordon comes back. No guard is gonna be the difference maker in defending in the paint and at the rim. If MDA, Morey, and Tillman don't develop Harty or get another big man, then it's going to be the same old song and dance my friends.

All the highs lows we have come to expect. Plenty of high scoring games, records broken, stunning moves, and brilliant passes, mixed in with lazy defense, lack of rim protection, plenty of bricks and blown leads. All this while worrying about the lack of rotations, and fear that James, Tucker, Russ and Clint don't get hurt and worn down. That's what being a Rockets fan feels like to me.

small ball defense will prevent us from winning any Championship.

#1309 deb4rockets, Dec 26, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
    Little Bit and solid like this.
  10. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Most of them where legit fouls but the problem is that they where not called the same way on the other end. I don't think that's why we lost though. There comes a point when these guys are pros and have to hit their open shots. When teams guard James like the Warriors did defense becomes even more important. Russ killed us along with our defensive effort.

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Biggest lesson from last night is Harden has to learn how to reincorporate himself back into the offense after he passes out of the double instead of just standing there near the half court line.

J Sizzle and seemoreroyals like this.
  12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

This sht ain’t Rocket science Morey. If you want to shoot a bunch of 3s go get the best 3 point shooters you can. You could have had Korver and Reddick taking those wide open shots - you said damn the defense when you hired D’Antoni anyways. Yesterday was a ******* joke. Clemons couldn’t get on the court with everyone building a skyscraper on the court? Sht man. Russ - ok my guy we know you still got it you need to remember you’re Robin okay?

that sht was bad yo. Real b

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This was the case last year too. They’ll never change.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Every team has a couple of these games every season. That is correct.

The Rockets already have 5 before the New Year, though. Nobody plays down to their competition more than the Rockets, and it’ll cost them seeding big time.

GotGame15 likes this.
  15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

And they are shaping up to have a year just like the nuggets too.

Making a little noise in the regular season but not a serious title contender.

J Sizzle likes this.
  16. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

no Irving, but Houston vs weak team will lose because giving so much time for bench to play

17. realonemo

realonemo Member

Yes, but it's also a 4 on f*cking 3. If they can't beat it consistently forget a championship. Is every criticism of yours harden related ? James is not the team lol.

D-rock likes this.
  18. AB423

AB423 Member

Harden knows exactly what to do

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

4 on 3 only happens for a second and the defense readjusts to where it becomes 4 on 4 with Harden standing near the half court line. At that point, you are forcing players who aren't meant to make many dribble moves like House and Tucker to do those things. The defense is forcing players to do things outside of their comfort range. If Harden learns to reincorporated himself back into the offense with some off ball movement, the defense would get confused more.

20. realonemo

realonemo Member

Dont disagree but it looks like he wants to see what the other guys have. This is mostly a MDA problem. Teams will get away with this here and there but if Russ and Rivers attack especially Russ they beating that **** everytime. This is why they need another center. Capel was ass last night just like playoffs against warriors.