1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 12/25/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 24, 2019.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yep. He just won't change. All he wants is a team full of guards and little forwards to rotate in and shoot 3's, while running Tucker and Clint to the ground. He is one stubborn fool. He doesn't even give Harty a chance, regardless of how bad the others are playing on offense or defense, whether they need rest, or even if they are hurt or sick. I hate it. I'm losing faith that he ever will develop Harty at all. It's a damn shame.

2. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

The problem I have is that it's Steve Kerr who I think won the game. I'm tired of him making the adjustments and leaving D'Antoni scratching his head just watching. Its just one game but it makes me think that we are heading for another playoff loss in which we didn't make the necessary adjustments from a scheme perspective. At least the warriors aren't going to make the playoffs :)

jboslett, bmelo and PeterKingX like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Deuce, malakas, J Sizzle and 2 others like this.
  4. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I’m not so sure we needed major adjustments other than stop fouling and make some damn shots.

Patience likes this.
  5. JW86

JW86 Member

Haha we’re the joke of the league and this is 90% on D’antoni!! Morey too, but a good coach adjusts and has plays to get guys quality shots. We’re just not running anything. Good luck in the playoffs Money Mike, “Pimping, pimping”!

6. vick

vick Member

if warriors played rockets 82 games they may.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This is humiliating and a ****ing joke logging off for a while. **** Tillman and **** morey

bro2044 likes this.
  8. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

You seem to be enjoying this a bit too much...

D-rock, fckbandwagons and HP3 like this.
  9. Juxtaposed Jolt

If Green and D'lo were All-Star caliber players, they'd elevate Golden State to at least double digit wins by now.

10. Nook

Nook Member

LMFAO

I expected an over reaction but this is even more than I anticipated.

The sky isn’t falling, and the Rockets are the same team they were a week ago and a month ago.

They lack the focus of the 2017 team. They lose more games to bad teams than they should. That is why this is a 48-54 win team with average health. Losses like this one and others keep the Rockets from being a top 2-3 seed.

Everyone can blame MDA or Harden or Westbrook but the reality is that they have exploitable personnel weaknesses.

The only real dawgs on the team are Harden and Tucker. They need more players like Ariza and veterans that don’t back down.

lilbird20, D-rock, Deuce and 5 others like this.
  11. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Neither one of them has played much all year. The warriors have possibly been the most injured team in the league.

12. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Needless to say Hartenstein DID NOT play meaningful minutes.

13. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Let's be realistic, one of the LA teams, most likely the Clips, will be playing the Bucks in the Finals this year barring catastrophic injuries. I appreciate the job Morey has done keeping this team competitive, acquiring star after star, but it just won't be enough unfortunately. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm seeing a second round exit team here.

Just enjoy the ride, it's been fun watching Harden and Westbrook play. We'll be competitive and relevant for the next 3 seasons as well. After that, we may have to go into a bit of a rebuilding period and get lucky in the draft, getting the next Kawhi or Mitchell that slides.

And as for MDA, we all know why he is still around... James Harden.

jboslett likes this.
  14. opticon

opticon Member

I did not watch the game, but it's obvious the Rockets did not take this game seriously. They were probably out partying the night before. MDA has to demand more from the players. You have to respect the game at all times if you really want to be the 1 or 2 seed in the west.

That is clearly not the priority right now.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

16. bro2044

bro2044 Member

39pts in 2and Q

36pts in 2nd half

SMFH

Fulgore likes this.
  17. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

100%, need a solid SF veteran instead of House. Maclemore is fine but I don't think House does anything for us TBH. Very overrated player on both ends of the floor. I would say at current pace looking at 55 Wins, what say u?

18. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Embarrassing

19. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

This team does not have any sense of pride. They have proven once again they are Warriors' b***h even without their two best players. How can you play without any sign of motivation when you see Donkey Green showboating time and time again.

PeterKingX and BaselineFade like this.
  20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

That game was like the finals for the warriors. Love them Saturday vs Brooklyn.