1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

would not have lost to scrub worriers with CP3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 25, 2019.

1. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

The Warriors could be made up of quadruple amputees pinned to the floor face down with a weighted blanket over them and they'd still beat the Rockets.

lw17 and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  2. SORF

SORF Member

I checked the last match-up this year between the two teams and Westbrook shot 44% fg and 33% threes...had 18pts. And Harden made 10/13 FTs too.

So maybe it makes no difference if CP 13 or Westbrook is leading the team at point.

Our Rockets just had a bad game today.

3. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

4. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Nope. Because cp wouldn't take 30 shots

lw17 likes this.
  5. TilmanFinancialWindfall

And this is same warriors team we lost to last year?

BaselineFade likes this.
  6. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

And the year before that, he got injured for the last 2 games. So he's not really reliable.

CP3 is quality when he's fit and on form.... but I doubt having CP3 out there would have made much of a difference.

7. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Who cares? Cp3 is no longer a rocket. He is not here because he wasn’t here when we needed him most.

Mazulis, lw17, Smacktle and 1 other person like this.
  8. wesbound

wesbound Member

Another nonsense pathetic thread.

9. dmoneybangbang

Harden has been the consistent figure, not CP3 or WB.

There’s nothing stopping Harden from actually playing off the ball instead of hanging out near
    mid court. I keep hearing 4 on 3... but that usually means we have two non shooters going against 3 defenders.

10. TilmanFinancialWindfall

At least he wouldn't take shots away from Harden

11. icewill36

icewill36 Member

The defense took shots away from harden by double teaming him the entire game. Tonight we didn’t play as well as we have been when teams try this. It happens. Get over it. Go jerk off to cp3 highlights on YouTube if you don’t want to support our team.

Rustyrig, Smacktle and Blurr#7 like this.
  12. Caesar

Caesar Member

Or because of our GM and Coaching style? I'm not sure what you guys expect out of this when one of the greatest PG's of all time and advanced stats actually would have him as the GOAT pg, and another freak all time great PG don't work out(not even including Dwight Howard not working). This entire team philosophy is based on Harden getting his stats and 3's. It's not a team really. It's Harden and company, and not by need. He HASN'T had to carry this team for many years now, but it's our way and..probably Harden's way that he won't let go. "I know what we have to do now" Isn't that he said after our playoff exit last season?? What, James? All we had to do was get rid of one of the greatest PG's and leaders of all time? That's what we had to do? We gave up on CP3 the very year KD would leave our road block, and then that road block succumbs to injuries and tanks. Unbelievable. All of that fight to come up short and then give up at the same time the only thing stopping us from being champions would give up. That tells you everything about the Morey era. Far too much unnecessary change for the sake of it just because the previous season didn't result in a championship. Mark Cuban was right all those years ago even though he also did the same and blew up a championship team to chase FA stars. We don't build consistency and chemistry.

BeBreezy likes this.
  13. junk151

junk151 Member

So did the Rockets

BeBreezy likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

uhm vs all kd, dg, curry, klay, and even cousins

Without ill James Harden, Rockets hold off Warriors 118-112

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401071565

15. Adam Silver

Adam Silver Member

In the playoffs, there is nothing more fun than playing a Russell Westbrook team. When the game is on the line, you back off him and he blows it. Every. Time. Look at his last three trips to the playoffs. That is Rockets this year unless they figure out a way to trade him. He is and always was a horrible fit for the Rockets. They'd be better off with Carmelo too, by the way.

16. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

2 MVP cannot beat worriers? wtf. If they come back, we really no chances. Houston should try to get champion this year. I think Sixers are tall enough to beat Gianns's team. Morey should sign some good players to improve the bench

17. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Wow, I just checked the stats. Harden averaged 24.5 FGA’s last year. Westbrook must really be taking away Harden’s shots, because this year, he’s averaging... 24.5 FGA’s

Keep pulling at straws. If you keep making up ****, eventually you’ll guess something right? I mean, it’s statistically impossible to be wrong literally every time for the rest of the season.

Smacktle likes this.
  18. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Seasons over......:rolleyes:

Blow it up Morley! :(

19. jcage

jcage Member

This is not a knock on Harden or Westbrook or the pair of them together. I just think as a team we need to play smarter. I have watched them play at times like they don't give a crap. The passing was lackadaisical and led to turnovers and there being no sense of urgency (being down 11 late in the game and still walking the ball up).
    I honestly feel we are better than this. I think it may be a case of overlooking a depleted team. One poster said that their shots were not falling, and that happens. Although as a team you have to be smart enough to realize that with the game on the line and be more aggressive and go to the basket.
    Also late in the game why in the world would we have our worst 3-point shooter jacking up shots from 3? I think they need to play to their strengths. They are at their best when they do that.

20. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Did you watch yesterday game

Who shot over 30times.. poorly