1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Mike D'Antoni

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BaiHua, May 10, 2019.

1. Mr. Space City

Top 5 loss of the dantoni era.

Totally inexplicable loss.

Got throughly outcoached tonight. Doesnt matter if kerr has superior or inferior players, he is just smarter than dantoni and a better motivator.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

It's time.

lw17 and Lawlruschang like this.
  3. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

No plan b and no planned D Pringles ain't taking us anywhere.

4. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

MDA was questionable already. Who expected him to do much in a lame duck year?

lw17 likes this.
  5. El Chappie

El Chappie Member

That’s it. Time to get Pringle’s out. We are bounced in the first round if we don’t make the change now.

lw17 likes this.
  6. gogispade

gogispade Member

Fire this piece of ****

lw17 likes this.
  7. bmelo

bmelo Member

Oh so he has to teach them some plays instead of just giving it to James? What a suprise. Players didnt know what to do and where to move because they were not prepared for obvious defensive scheme that was used since last year and more of this year

lw17 and Lawlruschang like this.
  8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Normally I wouldn’t fire a coach midseason

But MDA can’t motivate his team

He can’t scheme harden off ball

He is gonna wear down players so that if/when we make it to the playoffs we area shell of our potential.

This is the first time in a few years I feel like it’s not even worth watching ... because I’m just watching him work PJ and James to death .

Someone at the top (either Tilman or Morey ) needs to get a grip and reign this **** in. Get another 4/5 if that’s the only way ... or frankly send MDA to the curb . Hartenstein and Clark suck ? Maybe , they are inconsistent for sure . How is it that we can’t live with that ? At least for the time being , at least until we get another player , at least until the playoffs.

Are we playing for the regular season championship? Because this decision isn’t working even in that respect .

Edit. Here’s the thing , I’d still be this pissed if we won today by some small margin. I want to punch MDA in the balls (if he has them) . We’ve got a stubborn 70 year old leading our guys off a cliff.

lw17 and ipaman like this.
  9. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

After this shame there are no two opinions about it ... MDA has to leave. This team is a joke. Until when will Rockets fans have to suffer this?

lw17 likes this.
  10. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

MDA has the critical thinking skills of a 3rd grader

11. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

MDA does not coach discipline, he does not know how get players to play hard every game and more importantly, he's not trying to find out. Whether he stays or goes more has to be asked of him by ownership and by Daryl Morey in form if the press if that what it takes. Can't Jerry Jones this one!

lw17 and snowconeman22 like this.
  12. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

MDA should NEVER be allowed to wear a rockets jersey again

lw17 likes this.
  13. mario_v

mario_v Member

This is embarrassing. He’s got to go.

lw17 and pippendagimp like this.
  14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Steve Kerr owns D’antoni so much. Just not even close to a competition. Embarrassing.

I agree, probably a Top 5 worst loss of the MDA era. The fact that they gave zero effort against the team that has owned them for half a decade says quite a lot.

lw17, pippendagimp and snowconeman22 like this.
  15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

MDA gotta go. Harden doubled all game at half court, never had anyone else bring up the ball with Harden on the floor. I kept waiting for Russ to bring up the ball while Harden came off a curl, flare, or dribble hand off. Instead Harden giving up the ball at half court and completely taken out of the game instead of picking up the near the 3pt line while moving. Ridiculous lack of adjustment, do the same ineffective **** over and over, let Kerr punk your ass again.

lw17, snowconeman22 and pippendagimp like this.
  16. BigBum

BigBum Member

Looney DNP

Eric Paschall still injured.

17. SandboxRocket

SandboxRocket Member

All I wanted for my birthday was a kick ass win. We got our ass-kicked instead, what the holy-f***! My worst fear was made even worse, we didn't lose a close game but lost big, and I knew D'antoni wouldn't call a timeout early when the Warriors started to make a run which is hilarious because he doesn't coach well enough to let our guys come back down the stretch.This hurts more than Game 7 WCF. So 'effin disappointed.

lw17 likes this.
  18. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Facts....

lw17 and snowconeman22 like this.
  19. macan

macan Member

MDA probably coaching us with half heart already knowing he ain't getting any contract extension from broke arse tilmans..
    dark days ahead guys...

20. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

MDA clearly wants revenge on Tilman and Morey so he's just dialing it in this entire season. This has happened to many times to be a coincidence.

The minutes he plays our guys is like he's trying to get our starters injured to get back at Tilman for not extending him. This is like some George Karl pettiness ****, I wouldn't be surprised to see all this leak out in a book he writes after he retires.