1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Media Conspiracy - TNT] Ernie's holiday gift to the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, Dec 24, 2019.

1. alethios

alethios Member

Ernie is just as guilty of confirmation bias as all the other A-Hole media spin doctors who dip from the same hate well.

D-rock likes this.
  2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

'aight TNT nephews..., I see where you going with this. Luka The White Savior, Harden The Black Devil. Thanks for giving me another reason to avoid your shitshow.

topfive and D-rock like this.
  3. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

I take it you don't have to get up early to go to work?

ico4498 likes this.
  4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Maybe Ernie just meant, he wants Harden to have a game where the defenders don't have to result to fouling because that's the only way you can slow this man down. Harden's very fun to watch and is basically a walking version of how everyone would play a video game (or Wish they could) . He's amazing and that's putting it lightly and we're not talking nba jam/2k version but a real basketball superstar that's playing for our hometown team.

I mean it's the defense that sucks, can't even slow the man down without fouling, hahah, I loved Harden clapping back at that dumbass fan in SA. I can't wait for people to look back at this and realize Harden is one of, if not, the most talented players to ever play basketball. It's taken time for Hakeem to starting getting more accolades in the media, but the serious players kobe/lebron all knew who to see in the offseason for training (Hakeem).

And just because the media hates H-Town... ****ing players/coaches know Harden is the real deal (I mean they have to coordinate a GD double/triple team the whole game), players/coaches from other teams even admit he's unstoppable. Sooo forget the national media, they always hated Houston, and just be happy Olajuwon and now Harden will carry the Rockets legacy.

While I have time to make a post "PLEASE STOP GIVING THE MEDIA TIME FOR THIS BULLSHIT NARRATIVE", any fan (admitting or not) would want harden representating their team, it'd be like saying I don't want hakeem/jordan/lebron etc etc, just gtfo and swallow what pride you have, because Harden owns this league. I have a good feeling things will be clicking when it matters and we've only gotten a small sample of what's coming. Harden has basically been stopped when he's stepped up only by the refs/and a historically best team in nba history. Mind you last year he singlehandedly got the Rockets in the ****ing playoffs...

Soooo appreciate it, I know I do. Harden makes it look so effortless, but no one can do what he's doing because if they could have... we'd have seen it, and I've watched a lot of ball and haven't seen this. I also love Harden because he's not weak, and really doesn't give a **** about this media narrative. He sees it on the court, where it matters - ie not behind a keyboard/in front of a microphone.

5. JW86

JW86 Member

Really weird how the rest is actually a positive for the guys, Lakers is a joke and Harden's is sarcastic (on lowest level of positive).

jboslett likes this.
  6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I really want to know what the Rockets did that caused all this.

7. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

You guys are a tough crowd. Does anyone have an extra pitch fork or torch that I can borrow? Just in case I decide to get liquored up and join the mob. Our fans are developing a heck of a reputation around the country. That's for sure.

8. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Challenged the Worriers, call out the refs and probably most importantly Harden signing with Adidas.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Muppet rankings Xmas Edition

Bert >>>>> Ernie

D-rock likes this.
  10. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Read only the Rockets parts then no more reading. I barely watch TNT after-show, now I pass so easily.

11. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I work from home :)

12. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

it's **** like this that give us a bad rep..

casual fans see this and think Harden can only score at the foul line.. it's pathetic because media literally helping push this narrative to slander Harden

13. macan

macan Member

we deserve all the hates we get..

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

turns out harden spent less than 40sec at the foul line. league office conspiracy?

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Ernie got his wish . . . . .. . .

Rocket River

16. SORF

SORF Member

Yes, the NBA refs gave Ernie his Christmas wish...congrats to Ernie.:rolleyes: Bah Humbug!

17. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

These guys love it when the Rockets lose. Shaq especially loves it.

D-rock likes this.
  18. Caesar

Caesar Member

I haven't really followed bball this seaosn for the first time in many years because the NBA is basically a joke now IMO and stats are meaningless to me now, but did CJ McCollum say something alluding to what you're saying? That there's some sort of racist love/hate relationship between the same type of player in different skin colors?

A LOT of people thought Luka would bust before he was drafted, likely due to his skin color and hype as the next great white hype. I'd also point out that Dallas for some reason or another has much love and respect for their sports teams and stars, while Houston's sports teams and stars get the respect they deserve far too late or even never. If each played on opposite teams, i think it'd be a different story. Much like Dirk jokes of choking(Dirk NoRingski), but never really "hate" and then the explosion of love and respect for Dirk after he won a ring with a very underrated, intelligent, veteran, former all star loaded squad that's written off as "Dirk carried nobodies to beat the Heatles." Some see him as the 2nd best PF which to me is not even in discussion. Would the same happen to Harden if he were a Mav? I think so. He'd have his day where people would debate him as the 2nd best sg of all time. As a Rocket? It'll never happen. No one would put him close to Kobe at #2. They'll find a way to asterisk it. And one day, long after he's retired, some former star with tons of respect will say Harden was one of the hardest to defend and one of the best ever, and then and only then will some start to respect Hardens game despite that he was a Houston Rocket.

I still believe our love for our champion Hakeem Olajuwon did not go unpunished, for it was he and his teammates who defeated and robbed the media darling New York Knicks of a ring and we will always pay the price for that. That's where the media conspiracy began. It worsened when we embarrassed the next media profit- future Kareem and Magic in 4 games. And they'll have you believe that the Rockets would have lost if the Magic didn't blow game 1. As if 1 close game is an excuse for a ****ing sweep. Let's place more asterisks on it by saying MJ didn't play. Would the same be said if the Knicks finally won another in 94? If Shaq and Penny won in 95?? **They beat Michael Jordan AND won the title**

BaselineFade likes this.
  19. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

A realist

20. bj3175

bj3175 Member

everybody's piling on but that's ok. Our team needs to lose so we can revenge game the whole league. I hope their ready we are going to get all these guys back