1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Buccaneers

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 18, 2019.

1. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

This is what I’m saying. We went 11-5 last year and everyone harped easy schedule. Going into this season we had the 3rd hardest. And should go 10-6 or 11-5. Yet all people talk about is the games we should have won.

Chiefs lost to titans and colts..
    Ravens lost to browns..
    49ers lost to falcons..

Sh*t happens. Yes we can do better, but there is some good here and sometimes it feels like only the bad is focused on..

2. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

I love you

eliefor3 and houstonstime like this.
  3. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

they did also beat KC and NE, most people would have said that was impossible. a lot of the people tend to completely ignore the positives and focus on the negatives. i.e instead of being happy we won they game, they will get pissy over errors made during 1 or 2 series

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

It's mostly about the way the season ends. If the Texans blow the breaks out of the Bucs and then the Titans at home, people will feel better. The Chiefs look good right now. The Ravens are the hottest team in the league. The 49ers have been mostly dominant. In contrast, Pats fans aren't feeling too good right now, even though they haven't lost to bad teams.

For me, it's less about games they should have won and more about how good the team really is. The Broncos loss looks really bad because it happened as late in the season and they were totally dominated.

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The real elite teams seize the opportunity. Bill O'Brien has never seized the opportunity. Last year they had a GREAT shot at getting a first round bye. All they had to do was beat the Eagles. Deshaun lead an epic comeback only to watch the defense blow it against Nick Foles. Where is that killer mentality? That's why the Saints loss in week 1 was more deflating as well. It wasn't just a fluke thing, it's a quality that this team has of blowing leads late. The Ravens STOMP on their opponents. The Patriots historically have STOMPED on their opponents. All the elite teams demoralize and embarrass some teams. That's why the Texans' +11 point differential is not impressive to me and is a sign that this team does not have a killer mentality necessary to hang with the big bullies in the NFL, which is why the concern falls onto the head coach.

6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is a game we need to come out aggressive from the start. Tampa Bay is a high scoring team with 6 games of 31 points or more. We have 2 games of 31 points or more, so we can't let them take over. My hope is that we win the turnover battle by playing smart, and take advantage of the opportunities that Winston is prone to making as the interception King of the NFL.

7. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Who’s blocking Shaquil Barrett?

8. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Chris Clark for some reason.

9. AstrosRockets1818

Tampa Bay is the only team more unpredictable than us!!! We could win by 14 or lose by 14 and I wouldn’t be surprised with either outcome.

I think we are in for a high 30’ slugfest. Getting in Winston’s head and he’ll crumble with picks.

10. CallMeTheDream

You just know titans will win and we will lose

11. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

No Mike Evans. No Chris Godwin. Do the Bucs have any more WRs outside of Breshad Permian? Or is some no name dude gonna kill us?

We definitely should win this one.

27-20

12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Win or lose.

Fire BoB. This coach still can't maximize our offensive talents, coupled with his other weaknesses. We are just delaying the inevitable elimination cause this man isn't gonna lead us to the Super Bowl.

coachbadlee likes this.
  13. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I felt the same way after reading the post
    I do spend considerable time yelling at bob through my tv every game. I don't know how much longer my dog will put up with my yelling

Air Yordan likes this.
  14. conquistador#11

"Welcome to Houston" Hoodie by Houston's own shoe artist Ta2geo, $200
    Dri fit Sweats by Air Jordan $80
    watch by Breitling, $7,000
    get this look for $7,280

15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Winston might go 5,000 30/30. That’s insane

16. NdNaSsAsSiN124

I have a extra Texans ticket for tomorrow''s game. Sec 135 row H seat 18.

17. body slam

body slam Member

which local channel will the game be on?

18. steveng125

steveng125 Member

Mahomes or Winston for fantasy this week?

19. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Honestly, probably Winston, even minus his two stud WRs. Unless it was Brissette, the Texans have been giving up nearly 300 or more yds through the air, and multiple TDs: Tannehill, 280 and 2, 1 pick; the Denver game; Brady with over 300 and 3 TDs. Especially if you think Deshaun is going to go off, they'll have to throw and throw.

Chicago has been slightly more consistent limiting QBs. Including their own, LOL. Supposed to be decent weather in Chicago though, if a touch windy.

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Uhh you missed the shoes, sunglasses, and beats by dre

conquistador#11 likes this.