1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(The Athletic) ‘Tis the (trade) season: 13 players the Rockets could — and should — be targeting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 16, 2019.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Hey hey hey!
    Are you gonna sit there and blame Tilman
    for scott fosters and adam silvers gaffes?
    were the games called fair
    2 championships already
    Mr Tilman would have gained

Yeah I fully expect an intelligent man
    to throw 50 millions
    at a game of poker that you know
    is fixed and been robbed 2 times in a row
    [​IMG]

2. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

4. JackLordsHair66

5. spacepimp

spacepimp Contributing Member

Pg- Teague
    Sg- Beal
    Sf- rui
    Of-love
    C -Capela

Wizards would win this trade big time

BaselineFade likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Morey should be focusing on facilitating Iggy to Clippers instead of trying to attain him instead.

LAC: Iggy, Hartenstein

HOU: Trez, Dillon Brooks, Bruno

MEM: Harkless, House, Nene, Clippers SRP, Rockets SRP

BamBam likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

there isn't a reason the clips make that deal, especially for trez on his contract and being their primary big man. the clips aren't just going to dump him. he's a absolutely huge part of their immediate core

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Throw 50 million? Try this one on for size.......

Why would Tilman pay 2 BILLION to be in that league???

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This a really miserable thread.

This sums up why I don't frequent the garm anymore, how many times can you complain that Tillman is broke or show that pic and think it's funny.

Do better people.

Smacktle and Rocket River like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

“Tilman is broke” or “LTS” type jokes been played out for months now...you’d swear they’re knee slappers with the frequency they’re used

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You would think so, wouldn't you................. but they're not.

Smacktle likes this.
  12. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Morey should go down in history as the greatest if he’s able to facilitate that deal. Would greatly improve the Rockets while damaging a western contender.

Too bad Doc isn’t still the GM because that’s the only way the Clips would make this trade.

13. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I keep repeatedly hearing this over the last couple of years so this is not about you. Please explain to me how much better off we are with Covington and losing Capela. It's like Capela is so easily replaceable and does nothing. Who is that replacement that should get me all excited? I have my problems with Capela but tell me what would happen to the team. Covington fixes one area and opens a gaping a hole in the worst one. Our time for getting people that can help this team is gone. We are just monkeying around the edges now. Almost all of my posts in the past were on this topic but now it is just dead. There is nothing to rage about and simply moving pieces for the sake of doing something will not make us better. TF sabotaged this team permanently.

icewill36 likes this.
  14. icewill36

icewill36 Member

agreed. unless any team is will to take our 3rd string players and pick im ready to just roll the dice with what we have. we still have EGO to look forward to. this is a player always in the running for 6th man of the year. i don't want to give up any of our good pieces (capela, tucker) for players that aren't even stars. i dont see how it makes us any better.

15. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

It all depends on the follow up move if you do indeed decide to trade Capela for someone like Covington.

Would we be better off with Capela or Covington and a decent big like Holmes or Kanter?