1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets rotation when healthy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pr0wler, Dec 17, 2019.

1. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

I know we are a bit lacking in quality depth, but there is almost a bit of a log jam in our rotation once Gordon is back. How would you distribute the minutes in the regular season? Assuming no Gerald Green and Nene since their return is a bit nebulous at this point.

PG - Westbrook (34) Rivers (14)
    SG - Harden (24) Gordon (24)
    SF - House (18) McLemore (22) Gordon (8)
    PF - Tucker (26) House (10) Harden (12)
    C - Capela (32) Harty/Tyson (8) Tucker (8)

(Excuse the horribly "Harty" nickname, I was trying to save space)

Out of rotation (thank god): Thabo
    Wish they were in the rotation: Clemons, Gary Clark
    ...also wish they were in the rotation: Nene, Green

Notes
    - No shared minutes for Westbrook and Rivers, too much non shooting out on the court from the guard positions
    - Harden is basically our power forward on defense in some of our lineups since we're thin at the 4/5. He's a good post defender and Russ is almost like a PF in terms of rebounding which helps a lot in these small ball lineups.
    - Thabo isn't really working out imo
    - I wouldn't hate Clemons playing instead of Rivers in certain lineups, he is a way better shooter but is a rookie and is a bit liable defensively and provides no rebounding unfortunately.
    - Don't forget about Gordon! He is a very good player and will help us out a lot

...and that's a wrap!

BaselineFade and clutchdabear like this.
  2. theimpossibles1

All i kno is thabo gotta go.

GotGame15, pr0wler and D-rock like this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

If House keeps playing the way he has been, Mac should start over him. Its not that I think Mac is better per say......,well his jumper is just flat out better, House's jumper is kinda janky. But someone correct me if im wrong, but House is has been kinda lazy on defense lately, im not liking his effort.

Also...Mike, Gary needs more minutes. Let him brick away cause at least he tries on defense.

4. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

The lineup i really wanna see:

Russ, Harden, Ego, BMac, Tucker

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not even small ball. Tiny ball.

BamBam and waytookrzy079 like this.
  6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Wb
    Gordon
    Harden
    Pj
    Clint

Off the bench rivers , house , maclemore, Clark ( maybe Tyson when healthy) : thabo , Clemons, and Hartenstein in blowouts

I’m not sure about minutes , but we will continue to play small unless it’s killing us .

Pj will split backup 4/5 minutes with Clark . Hopefully that does not mean he’s gonna keep playing 40 mpg (slight exaggeration)

House can handle backup 4 too , or frankly harden can guard 4’s if he’s only asked to do it for 5-10 mpg

I’d like to be able to get house , rivers , and maclemore 15-20 mpg but that seems unlikely . What I think is reasonable and what I hope for is that we give harden / pj the occasional night off , we already give WB off on B2b’s.

When harden is out we still have a good 3 guard rotation of wb EG and rivers. When pj is out we can start house at the 4 and give extra mins to Clark (maybe a short stint for Hartenstein)

Think about lineups like Gordon maclemore house James and pj . Short , but if they play with energy they can blow you out of the water (plus James and pj are good defenders vs bigs)

When healthy I think we are really a threat . We will have so much speed and shooting . It’s up to MDA to put the right combo on the floor and up to the players to play with enough force that their size disadvantage is minimized . We should be quick and disruptive. Having EG back should mean that there is less of a load on James and Russ and that we should be able to bring intensity on a regular basis. We have enough depth for those guys to take nights off . (Think about it like Eric has been resting for the last however many games )

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Our defense isn't good enough to win a championship. I'm just hoping we get that wing we need in the free agency. We need a forward in our starting rotation who can make more than 10 pts a game. I'd rather see Gordon, McLemore, and House come off the bench when Harden, Tucker, and Westbrook rest.

jb86 and Highlyrated like this.
  8. splendidchen

splendidchen Member

Approved. -Mike D'Antoni

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's lineup would have the Lakers, Mavericks, Nuggets, and Clippers drooling over a scoring, rebounding, and 2nd chance pts frenzy. Talk about no big threats at the rim, LOL.

Are you MDA is disguise?

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  10. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

shhhh don’t blow my cover! :p

deb4rockets likes this.