1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Giants waive CB Janoris Jenkins

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Dec 13, 2019.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Maybe they're secretly trying to Fire Bill O'Brien.

2. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Besides Roby, and Johnson (who only played ST, per PFR's snap counts: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201912150oti.htm ) all of the other CBs are playing about the same 30-40 snaps. Including JJo. If Jenkins is overpaid, and not up to that level, fine, don't put in a claim. But my impression was that Jenkins when healthy was an improvement over everyone not named Roby.

Aside, we want to resign Roby for next year, right? How much do we think that's going to take? He makes 10 this year alone. Something like 36/3, which would still put him below the AAV of top CBs?

King1 likes this.
  3. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

It's funny to see so many people criticizing BOB and the organization for passing on him and assuming they did it because they like JJo more. I know I'm assuming they took a moral position here (whether for the right reasons, for PR reasons, or both...who can ever really know). Either way, I would've been annoyed if they claimed him for the reasons I listed earlier--this is not only proven, but being ignored in the face of proof rather than being taken as a learning moment.

It's such a damned if you do / don't world.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Do not get JJoe hate. He is old but he doesn't get beat and doesn't miss tackles.

On missing tackles same can't be aaid for any of the secondary

#64 pgabriel, Dec 16, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    tmoney1101 and Fullcourt like this.
  5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Go read Giants forums. Their fans complained about him taking playoff, being a general pain in the ass. They only wish they could have traded him and pulled the wool over another team's eyes.

https://giantsfans.net/message_board/index.php/topic,52174.0.html

Oh, before you bring up Hargreaves, the difference is Hargreaves is 7 years YOUNGER...and little bit cheaper.

6. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Would I rather watch jj is totally dismissing the comments made by jenkins. I led off by saying I would have liked him here but understood how deeply his words may have cut the Texans more so than any other team. Lastly correct me if I am wrong but the other dbs took 2-3 games before they were completely part of the game plan.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Y'all mofos acting like JJo gets beat on every route he guards. He's been damn good this season minus a few hiccups. And Jenkins is a straight up turd. I'm not with BOB on a lot of things, but this is one thing I'll ride with him on. If I had a son suffering from mental disabilities, you better believe I'm not coaching a shitbag who uses the word r****d recreationally and unapologetically. Have some perspective for ****'s sake.

8. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

My only experience in this is fantasy football, but since we made a claim on Hargreaves, wouldn’t we go back to the end of the line? Thereby making the saints have a claim before us? I could be totally wrong on this, if so I apologize.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I was thinking the same thing.

10. ktex

ktex Member

I don't think it works that way in actual waivers. We had the higher claim position and for whatever reason, didn't make one. Maybe, like many have said, due to BoB's special needs son and the nature of Jenkin's comment.