1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

How can Rockets get Tobias Harris or Aaron Gordon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dkoune, Dec 5, 2019.

1. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

How can Clutchfan posters talk about better threads? But seriously to answer your question, neither.

CK Johnson and dkoune like this.
  2. fattz

fattz Member

Harden, Westbrook & Aaron Gordon.

3. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

We’re here because there people don’t read anything, posting a thread wouldn’t change anything.

Hell; on the same note. Maybe we should have a random trade ideas thread? I’m sure people will read the rules and post in it.

roslolian, heypartner and Sanctity like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Why is Aaron Gordon always being mentioned? What do we have to offer that Orlando couldn’t easily get and more from another team? Does Morey have their GM’s nudes or something?

How are we matching Tobias’s contract?

neither is happening

5. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Thank you. Holy f*#k, my blood pressure.

Just bold it at the top of the GARM.

The owner isn't going to significantly spend. There aren't significant tradable assets besides Capela, Tucker, or Mac. Unless you can find someone willing to take WB, or you just want to blow it up and send out Harden. The team has few tradable draft picks, which aren't all that valuable anyway so long as Harden is here. Nobody wants to trade with Morey anyway unless we're dumping salary.

It's going to be another year of grabbing rejects off the scratch and dent pile, cleaning them up, and seeing if they blossom playing with Harden. Now watch, after I wrote all that. Morey goes out and gets someone like Jayson Tatum for a 2nd rounder, a handful of magic beans, and three G-league players.

dkoune likes this.
  6. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

yes exactly man.... aaron gordon name just die on these forum. like people...its no reason they would trade him here lol...we have nothing. its 31 teams that has better tradable assets. this isnt 2k. i wish people would talk metioning him...alone. with trading ego this year when we cant. its rookie level posting.

dkoune likes this.
  7. Fantasma Negro

It's been clear since Ariza left. Beasley is available to be signed without giving up anything

dkoune likes this.
  8. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Where has Harden been in big playoff moments since being a Rocket?

dkoune likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

BOS: Capela, DJ Agustin, McLemore, Clark

ORL: Hayward, Carsen Edwards

HOU: AGordon, Lob Williams, Iwundu, Ojeleye

No FRP needed and every team receives value (BOS - defensive 5, flexibility to deal Smart; ORL - all star scorer; HOU - starting 4, potential starting 5, forward depth)

dkoune, treyk3 and Reeko like this.
  10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Yea I think this is what happens if we do decide to make a trade with Orlando. Capela to Boston is obvious and Hayward to Orlando too. They have a glut at the 4 and 5. Hayward is a bit slow to play the 3 today but he's closer to a 3 than Isaac or Aaron Gordon.

instead of Aaron Gordon though, We need to get Jonthan Isaac and Mo Bamba, probably a first from Boston too. He's 6-11 with a 7 -1 wingspan, so while he's a bit less length at the 5 compared to CC, he has the ability to spread the court

Russ / Rivers
    Harden / Gordon
    House / McLeMore
    Tucker / Sefolosha
    Isaac / Bamba / Chandler

That looks like 11 guys that can get minutes in the regular season under MDA (Harty and Clark I cannot pencil in until he proves he trusts them)

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would take either Isaac or AG. But Magic believe Isaac is real deal franchise player. AG plays same position.

dkoune likes this.
  12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I don't think I'd trade Capela for Gordon without a few picks being thrown in. I think he's a bit overrated here.

dkoune likes this.
  13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Tobias Harris is becoming loathed in Philly. He's definitely under-performing. Is he under-performing enough that they'd consider a Russ for Tobias swap? Russ would fit in with their roster full of people who can't shoot.

14. fattz

fattz Member

They have several players that are as good as or better than him plus a few more with loads of potential that can’t get playing time to develop. Gordon is playing out of position because he is not the best player at the 4 spot on their team. Why would Magic trade for Capela let alone add picks. They need a scoring point guard like EGo. Yes, I know EGo is not trade eligibility this year. I think Aaron Gordon is worth the wait till the off season. Tucker get a year older and House get a full year in. Coach needs to develop some other players too. If he doesn’t MDA needs to moves on so there is no real reason to have 3 max guards any more. Money works, I would offer Llull’s rights just to make it happen.

15. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Pass, I rather get davis bertans

16. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Aaron Gordon is too tall to play on this team.

17. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Just get Jimmer. He can be so effective with Harden getting doubled

18. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

imagine A-a Ron and Brodie running the break tho! And then he can hit the three in the half court game with Harden

BamBam and D-rock like this.
  19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Russ isnt getting traded as long as Harden is on the team.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Magic has a lot of centers as good as Capela just like how Thong Maker is as good as Capela?