1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[25 games] Calm Expectations

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Dec 14, 2019.

?

Are you satisfied and entertained?

Poll closed Dec 28, 2019.
  1. Yes

36 vote(s)
    55.4%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    32.3%
  3. Other

8 vote(s)
    12.3%
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No Harden is 30, we should be an elite team in his prime, we are not.

No one wants a participation trophy.

DD

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:rolleyes:

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  3. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

My biggest takeaway is that MDA is out of here after this season and knows it. We have so many talented young guys but he won't get them time to potentially grow our rotation come playoff time and that will ultimately be our doom.

fattz, daywalker02 and deb4rockets like this.
  4. BigBum

BigBum Member

There is only. 1 ball on basketball court. You just need 1 super star to shoot 3 pointers. All other players play solid defense.
    Championship is possible!
    Where is MAD?

5. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Its true... game against the bucks, clippers, spurs, and kings were all games we should have won. We could easily have been 21-4 right now.

6. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

No, there isn’t. Not amount of picks will net us AG, and the idea that they will cripple their future for a regressing player with injury history, even though tons of better players are obtainable, is hilarious.

No **** Orlando is the only team that has him. Brilliant deduction. The point is that no team, regardless of situation, would make that trade, because GM’s typically aren’t morons.

Actually, too bad he isn’t on the Kings or Cavs. They like making stupid trades and do it often.

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Only a surprise to those in the media who weren't really paying attention. When your starting backcourt is 6'1" and 6'3", you're going to have problems on the defensive end. There's only so much Rudy Gobert can do to clean up what your guards aren't big enough to handle.

D-rock, daywalker02 and xaos like this.
  8. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Have the Rockets beaten the Mike Budenholzer Bucks once?

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

25 games in.....and I am *STILL* mad at #Tilman

D-rock and J Sizzle like this.
  10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

#Tilman is ready for his second consecutive LTS trophy!

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I figured we would be at around this record, but I was assuming better health. We have had a lot of time missed by our rotation guys. So I’d say better than I thought.

Wasn’t expecting our offense to be this good, but who knew Harden could actually find a way to up his volume and efficiency AGAIN!

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

Os Trigonum likes this.
  13. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Out offense is starting to look like the top offense in the league again, Westbrook is improving and finding his role in the offense based on attacking the basket, our rebounding is much improved, happy with that and entertained by Harden still improving real time on both ends, it's amazing.

Not satisfied with our defense as others have mentioned, as well as our bench as the X factor must improve with consistent production, especially three point percentages. We need to be at least a top five or tenth ranked defense for our main goal of a championship.

Also need to push for the #1 seed overall and a top ranked defense will do that for you; along with believing you are the best team and have an unwavering, irrational belief you are going to prepare and win every game no matter what adversity.

An area of need on the roster is a legit, athletic, defensive backup center who can play consistent minutes as well as contribute offensively, and 3&D wing with height.

Lastly, we need to hang wins on Milwakee, the Lakers and Dallas badly and should game plan/prepare as if they were playoff games.

#33 OkayAyeReloaded, Dec 14, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    D-rock and Hakeemtheking like this.
  14. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

That there are fans of the Rockets who are satisfied with this season of the team is a clear example of the culture of mediocrity and conformity.
    A team without direction, without pride or heart, and whose franchise player only cares about keeping their statistics.
    Really pathetic!

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I am entertained but not satisfied.

Apparently we need everyone to be fully healthy and available for MDA to have any sort of discretion in terms of the rotation. I dont like watching our core players try to gut out a win on the second night of a back to back with no legs because our coach wont give them a breather

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Team is what it is. Good team that refuses to be great. Not interested in competing every night, and is far behind the elite teams in the league.

Pathetic how bad they are at home

Tato1971 likes this.
  17. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Lakers don't look beatable at all in a 7 game series unless AD or Lebron is injured. I guess people haven't been watching their games, they look absolutely dominant and are what their record shows. Lebron actually looks motivated this season, Caruso and Dwight have been playing like excellent role players for them.

Clippers, it's hard to tell how good they'll be since they are constantly load managing. They are definitely better than their record and clearly don't mind throwing away games to rest guys (like they did tonight vs the Bulls). They have showed signs of playing like the Rockets (down to their opponents level).

Bucks are the best in the east, I doubt the Rockets can stop them even if we make the finals. We don't have all-nba level defenders like the Raptors did last year except PJ but one man can only anchor the defense so far and... Have we even beaten the Budenholzer Bucks once? The Bucks will likely stroll out of the East because of how much better they are vs the other teams. Their only competition, a Kawhi Raptors team is no more.

I predict a post-season where Rockets don't have any fireworks (this team just doesn't look good enough to dominate the West) and ofcourse Harden won't win any MVP this year either.

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Rockets are all talk and bs emotion. Most of these guys on this roster finally got what they really wanted all along... a big payday. Our strategy and philosophy isn't even championship caliber... a lot of pride in a bs system that we don't truly have the right players for.

19. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

We are a little bit better than I thought we would be. I'm still disappointed. Team has more potential than i realized. There's still that gutless factor and management that detests depth.