1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(The Ringer) Rockets seriously interested in Robert Covington trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Clint Capela, could get us a wing and while I agree that it comes across that Clint Capela is undervalued, I think part of the reason for that is because the NBA is overvaluing wings in trades. Houston would absolutely love to get Covington and keep Capela, but on contract alone that trade is difficult. Also, don't forget to thank the NBA for that with Nene's contract structure refusal, which I am surprised is not discussed more here. Houston was cut at the knees via the NBA with that as well as the refs this season. Not to cry conspiracy, but the NBA's not exactly buying the Rockets any Christmas gifts this year and we can all speculate why on that one. If we could use Nene's 10mil in a trade then getting Covington would have been easy at least on the Houston side, but now it has to likely include depth and maybe draft picks to be pulled off assuming PJ is not included in any deal.

BamBam and BigShasta like this.
  2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Or maybe i'm overly pessimistic since that's how i use to be lol

My only doubt is, is someone suitable something that's going to be enough? Because that guy would've to be good enough to rebound and protect the paint against the best bigs in the league at some point (unless we really plan to play 30 minutes per game without a center which is something i'm not sure of), and would that guy be able to have the same chemistry Capela has with James on offense? I'm just not sure we can take all these aspects for granted, that's a big reason why i would be reclutant to move Clint for another role player.

Noel, or Williams (like @D-rock suggested ), but even Looney (pretty sure i read lately the Warriors might trade him to not pay the repeater) or Cauley-Stein are guys that i guess we could consider to replace Clint for cheap, but aside for maybe Looney (who played a lot as a backup in the best team ever), at that level they're all unproven so, how much can we trust these guys to produce in the playoffs? I can't get over the fact that it would be a gamble.
    And i also can't get over the fact that the only way we have to make a substantial trade is to move a core piece because of luxury tax savings

D-rock, saleem and HP3 like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

No doubt that there is a risk involved and yes, ownership has screwed the organization in a number of ways. Had Tilman not taken his sweet time there is a real chance JaMychal Green would be a Rocket right now and possibly Templeton (both were free agents).

saleem and Vivi like this.
  4. prs325

prs325 Member

We already have Covington. His name is Gary Clark...

5. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Covington is desired by everyone, but the asking price is high. The Rockets are looking for guys who can obviously shoot, but take the load off of some of our older guys.

Chatter claims to watch out for Twin and the great Dougie Buckets. I don't know how, but it's there.

One love.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

......for the vet minimum

Deuce likes this.
  7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Would Houston trade Westbrook?

maw7079_2000 likes this.
  8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

DJ Wilson! C'mon make it happen Daryl!

What's up with NENE? Is there something we aren't hearing?

9. HP3

HP3 Member

Not only is that a bad look on Morey, thats a bad look on Harden. If Westbrook can continue his play like this, we'll be right there, the ONE thing that needs to shore up is the defense. We NEED defense. Our rebounding isnt that bad, BUT....idk it feels like Clint's pick and roll defense isnt too good tbh. Need to work with him on that.

jcmoon and saleem like this.
  10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

He is retired.

Got a payday to be a trade asset - did the team a solid by signing a weird contract that the NBA nixed

11. TheRedRanger

TheRedRanger Member

Seems unlikely. Please Santa.

12. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Hartenstein has looked crap tonight.

13. BMoney

delete
    wrong thread

14. BMoney

delete
    wrong thread

15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

If it's announced it's not happening.

Morey trades tend to be unexpected.

jch1911 likes this.
  16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

[​IMG]

17. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Covington out here getting lit up.

Do not want

18. Bearius Jones

Bearius Jones Member

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

I like it but not sure it's enough for Minny. Too much chatter that GSW willing to trade DRussell for RoCo. DR is former All Star.

20. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Gotta be talkin bout Markieff Morris. He actually fits into one of our TPEs

BaselineFade and Codman like this.