1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden Breaks Down The Adidas Harden Vol. 4

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macan, Dec 13, 2019.

1. macan

macan Member

He also talked some senses to people called him travelling.

FLASH21 and Mazulis like this.
  2. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

Honestly it seems like there is a lot more tech and engineering in Harden's shoes compared to Jordans.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If you say so, but you cant fix fugly with horsepower.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'm not a shoe guy, so I googled.

https://www.nike.com/w/jordan-37eef
    https://www.adidas.com/us/james_harden
    https://www.nike.com/w/kyrie-irving-shoes-892qazy7ok
    https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/article/new-curry-7-basketball-shoes?
    https://www.complex.com/sneakers/20...rs-basketball-right-now/jordan-why-not-zer0-2
    https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/best-basketball-shoes/

My conclusion... they all are super similar variations of the same theme. I guess that makes sense - they're all basketball shoes. I just literally outside of a logo wouldn't be able to tell you who was with what brand, or even rank any of them in terms of order of looking good or not. I mean gun to head I'd pick an order, but it's not like there's clear design winners and losers to me. I think they're all "kind of" ugly and int he same way all "kind of" neat.

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Fack GQ for the damn disrespect! **** pissed me off, I would have bounced!

6. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Some the players that dont deserve their own signature shoes that come to my mind now:

Kyrie (even though his shoes are really popular and making **** load of money for nike)

Paul george.

7. lionaire

lionaire Member

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I don't enjoy seeing "James Harden Brea..."

On the front page of the GARM.

9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

That candy paint colorway is fire!

10. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

I was going to say nothing but here goes. Kobe's Crazy 8s from 20 years ago not only look better but probably perform better.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

Even the first three words are bad. And the first four!

"James Harden breaks" and then "James Harden breaks down"

12. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I think Adidas should go 'all in' that no professional athlete's foot has exploded out the side of a pair of their shoes yet.

13. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

It's not really about the athlete - Kyrie's shoes are popular because they are moderately nice looking(not too blingy, also not too fugly) and not too pricey(as sig shoes go) but you could just as easily have a lot of player's name on those shoes and they would sell similarly. Part of Kyrie's "star power" is what Nike created for him through fantastic PR and marketing but Kemba could have sold the same amount of shoes if Nike wanted it to be Kemba.

ryano2009 likes this.
  14. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

I never said anything about the way it looks. How attractive a shoe looks is subjective from person to person.
    I was simply commenting about the amount of technology and engineering that goes into the Harden Vol 4 shoe, for example, the video talks about making the shoe lighter by using lightstrike foam which is about 40% lighter than EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate).
    Also I remember reading somewhere about the previous model Vol 3, how the designers changed the grip pattern on the outer edge of the bottom of the shoe, so that Harden can get maximum grip for his step back three's. I wonder how many "broken ankles" the Harden Vol 4 will manufacture.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Not enough to sell many of those ugly shoes.

16. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

I'm not disagreeing with you Ziggy. To be perfectly honest, I don't care if Adidas sells zero Harden vol 4.
    But if that ugly shoe helps Harden score 50 points a game this season instead of 45 ppg, then that's all I give a chit about...

17. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

interviewer really asked him how he gets away with all the traveling he does.. wow

he should've been fired on the spot, why would you get a Harden hater to do an interview promoting his shoes

sushimaster likes this.