1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Giants waive CB Janoris Jenkins

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Gray_Jay likes this.
  2. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Well Reid is a Safety soooo...

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

No.

He called someone r****ded on Twitter. That's pretty fu**ed up.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Yes, he's a former pro bowler in 2016. We already know J-Joe will be gone next year (hopefully), do we really think Lonnie/Hargreaves/Conley will be better than this guy by next season?

hou$tonScrew$tonTX and Nook like this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

I'm sure Bill can't wait to sign him!

"Where I'm from, we use all kind of words for slang. If it offends anybody, I'm sorry. It's a culture that I grew up in where I'm from, you know what I'm saying. We use all kinds of words for all kinds of slang. If you don't know, it's a 'hood thing. Whatever. I'm not calling nobody no name or pick at nobody. It's just something we use in the hood back at home."

"I never said it was right. I said that was a slang I use back at home. I never said it was right. It's just something I use at home.

"I regret it. But at the end of the day, it's my slang. So if you take it how you're going to take it, it's on you. I don't mean to offend nobody. My dad always told me, 'Speak freely and own up to what you say.' So I always speak freely as a man, and I speak how I want to speak."

[​IMG][​IMG]

Rudyc281, No Worries and Nook like this.
  6. Nimo

Nimo Member

Plus he's injured

Nook likes this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Does it even matter?

I think if you signed Patrick Peterson and Ramsay we'd still be struggling in the secondary because I'm convinced it's about how the games are called. Nothing but soft zone defense and having corners play 30 feet off of the WR...

Rudyc281 and whag00 like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

How is this ANY different than.........someone dropping a really nasty word against black people or even women? This idea that he grew up saying it isn't an excuse...... I have a fried that grew up in Ohio and the "N-word" was common used to describe black people, and homosexuals were called "F-"... that isn't acceptable and this shouldn't be either.

I applaud the Giants for releasing him, and I have seen some recent players say he was wrong........ he will get a second chance, hopefully he stops saying it and learns that this is 2019 and not 1990.

9. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Probably instantly becomes best cb on team.

TheRealist137 likes this.
  10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Yup, and then he doubled down on it when he was called out in an interview. Everybody has been raised in different settings, with different social norms. But somewhere in there, you have to grow up and realize there are certain lines you never cross. Sounds like he skipped that part when he became an adult.

11. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Yeah, not only this but you are a professional in a very public profession and that is the opposite of professional. Fine, you came from somewhere that using the word is acceptable but it seems he knows its wrong and still doesn't care.

Rudyc281 and eric.81 like this.
  12. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

Hope we sign him

13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

That just cancels my culture.

14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Honestly, I think it's a bit overkill that the guy was released. I think we've got a society of a bunch of mentally weak sissypants.

You can take whatever irony out of that statement that you want, but quite honestly, I think it's slowed that he got released for it.

This isn't slang culture. This is a word that everybody has used in that capacity at one point or another in their life. Big whoop.

The guy may not be an upstanding guy, but if you want to punish him for this, fine him. You can find different things to release him for. Like the fact that his friend got murdered at his house.

But if you want to start releasing guys for saying things like this, I'd venture to say that the world would be exponentially more offended if they went back and looked at past sports figures with this kind of sissy rhetoric.

Come on now.

15. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I also thought a release was a bit much. What happen to a fine or suspension (also too much). You’re basically released if you make any sort of mistake.

I also thought it really didn’t matter sense they just drafted quite a few cbs and they can just get them experience for next season.

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

There’s just certain things you can’t say or do and he should know that by now from being in the NFL this long.

And his defense of well that’s slang and we say that a lot where I’m from is just plain dumb.

He don’t think that some of the owners or players that are white come from certain backgrounds or “hoods” that have a “slang” word for people of his color. But they don’t go around saying it to him or in a public setting now do they? Some do but then they pay a heavy price for it as well. Like being released.

csj likes this.
  17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Incognito used racial slurs and still got several jobs after so Jenkins should get another job eventually.

UTSA2step likes this.
  18. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

The president openly mocked a journalist with disabilities and I am sure NFL owners were among the many
    maga minions that backed him up on that. That is blatant hypocricy.

19. dookiester

dookiester Member

Yes, interested to hear from those that agree with Jenkins being punished for using the r word - similar reaction when trump did this? Not saying it's wrong to think Jenkins should've reprimanded for this, but hopefully we hold our president to at least the same standard as a athlete whose profession is basically entertainment vs leader of free world.

TheFreak likes this.
  20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Republicans don’t care. The SOB has enriched himself as president and and committed impeachable offenses. He will be impeached this week, the Republicans in the Senate are already ready to vote NO on removal without a trial. You think they care he has used bigoted and racist language? The guy has a white nationalist as an advisor (Stephen Miller).