1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You ever get to a point in life...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Falcons Talon, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

The daughter/husband/dog moved in because husbands parents were asking them for too much money to live at their house AND they didn't like gf's daughter. BIG SURPRISE THERE!!!

The husband is an elementary technology teacher and DJ's on the side. The daughter is going to college and working as a lab assistant at the local university. They want to venture off into the world DEBT FREE. Meanwhile, the daughter is going on trips to NY, San Fran, San Antonio without her cuck husband. To be honest, I don't blame him for not wanting to be around her.

Did I mention ALL his DJ equipment is in the living room? He's so soft, he can't move the equipment by himself. I've told him to buy a trailer so he can store his equipment and be mobile, and more importantly, we could get the living room back, but I'm sure the daughter needs the money to travel.

#141 Falcons Talon, Dec 13, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  2. Nook

Nook Member

You are in a really tough spot.

I can see your thought process and while some are saying for you to put down your foot, I get that it is more complicated than that.

If you love your girlfriend as much as you seem to, do you think she would be on board with you all giving them a monthly stipend to help pay for rent?

Would your girlfriend break up with you if you got your own place but wanted to remain girlfriend/boyfriend?

While your girlfriend loves her family and is likely a very good person, some of these issues are partially her fault for enabling them.

B-Bob and Buck Turgidson like this.
  3. Falcons Talon

Yes, we have been through a lot together, both good and bad. I agree that I will have to talk with her. I'm sure it will be emotional, and I hear you about reinventing the wheel. I'm not looking to reinvent the wheel and try my hand at another relationship. I'm at the point that I need a break from relationships.

4. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

/thread

Os Trigonum likes this.
  5. Falcons Talon

Oh I know she is an enabler. I've told her that time and time again. I've talked to her about it, but she just continues to do it. She told me at the outset of the the relationship that her children will always come first, and she has been true to her word. She senses/knows I have a problem with the situation because she has told me out of the blue not to worry, because they are looking for an apartment. It was BS because years later....still here. She's an enabler in every sense of the word. She's doing the same thing to me, and quite frankly, I'm pretty bothered by it. I can literally do ZERO around the house, and she will do all the work, If I allow it, which I don't, but I do not lift a finger to pick up any mess that anyone else leaves. i will literally wash the one dish I used to eat and leave the rest of the pile in the sink. Guess who washes the pile though. the enabler.

As for me paying. That's a HUGE no. It actually irritates me to even think about doing anything for them. I know it would probably make things better for awhile, but people like them will come right back here when I stop paying. Put it this way, the cuck still does not have the daughter on his insurance. Still on mom's insurance. The daughter cancelled her phone plan that she was on with her mom because she could get a cheaper plan with her cuck , and that completely screwed up the plan my gf is on and her rates sucked for awhile. Now the phone would be cheaper if they were all on one plan, so guess what...Mom, gets them all in on that plan. Nah....I ain't dropping a penny on them. They're takers, and I ain't getting tooken.

I don't know if she will want to remain my GF, and I'm just not sure I want to be that guy knowing what will always be lurking in the wings. I think she would want to move in with me to get away from the mess she allowed to happen to be perfectly honest, and once again, I'd be paying for her kids to get what they wanted. Nah, if I get a place, it will be for me.

6. Falcons Talon

It's not like I'm going to walk in after work today, pack all my stuff, say "I"m out" and walk out. I'm going to talk to her after her birthday and the holidays, unless something blows up or blow's over before that. I really don't want to ruin her birthday and Christmas. Her oldest son and his wife (living in another city) are about to have their first baby, which would by my GF's first grandchild. That might be the best time to talk. It also gives me some time to scout for a place.

fallenphoenix likes this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The polite responses in your come to Jesus thread on Clutchfans has directed you to the correct decision.

8. Roscoe Arbuckle

Meh. I've had a friend I've known 30 years that has had to crash on my couch for the past 4 months, with no end in sight. Pisses me off a bit; especially when I'm in a 1 bedroom place and all of my entertainment is in his sleeping area. So I keep it down a bit and he wears headphones because I stay up later than him and am not changing my schedule.

Still quite happy, though. Only times I've been depressed is death and breakups.

I do get pissed a lot though. Maybe you should try that.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

I made it to the point in life, and thats when I drew a line in the virtual sands of cyberspace, crossed over, and never looked back.