1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Confederate Snowflakes afraid of Outside Agitators

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Dec 6, 2019.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Definitely. They were worse! But thank God our society and government isn't systemically racist and has progressed in the right way. Your infographic really does remind us of our triumph as a nation. Thanks for sharing it.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

No it's not spitting on graves. like I said I'd rather be killed than have my family be enslaved for 4+ generations. We have different views on how ****ed up slavery is I guess.

mdrowe00 and RayRay10 like this.
  3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You obviously wouldn't know systemic racism if it literally bit you in the ass.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

https://slate.com/news-and-politics...rats-only-wrote-two-impeachment-articles.html

in a seminal paragraph in the essay, Sartre describes it as follows:

Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past

5. amaru

amaru Member

Despite what the "Lost Cause" revisionist will have you believe, the American Civil War was the result of the Southern states leaving the Union because they feared the abolition of slavery and damage to white supremacy. To put it simply.....the American Civil War WAS ALWAYS about the enslavement of people of African descent.

To believe otherwise you'd have to be a) a damn fool or b) a disingenuous person, clinging to a long past time where your skin color would have automatically made your life more valuable than the lives of black people.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The system has made consistent progress against racism. The chart shows this quite well. Did you see the chart? Go look at the chart.

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I think you would take slavery over a death camp. No way you would opt for death. To give up when there is always a chance of escape seems silly. At least poison the slave owner if you are suicidal.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I've already said twice I'd choose death over slavery for me and my family for over 4+ generations. This is the 3rd time, I'm not gonna say it again.

Liberty or death. The Holocaust and slavery we're both super ****ed up, we don't need to, and in fact, I don't want to, debate or quantify how ****ed up one is vs the other. But they are in the same category to me and I view the Nazi flag and the confederate flag in the same regard.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Your team has been integral in pushing through civil rights -- no one can argue that fact. Blacks wouldn't even live in the US if wasn't for open minded, kind-hearted people like yourself.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Slavery in the Southern states was different than just loss of freedom which is bad enough. People from Africa who spoke the same dialect were separated so there would be no common language. Families were split apart. Wives separated from husbaands, children separated from mothers, siblings separated from siblings.

They weren't allowed to learn to read or write. All of that was at least as bad as the beatings and labor.

I understand death being a preferable choice.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Snowflakes RISING!

RayRay10 and conquistador#11 like this.