1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official Thread] Media/Player Reaction to James Harden 2019-2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, Nov 18, 2019.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Harden the best player in NBA history to not have a ring?
    Not sure I agree with that at all.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He might be the 'best offensive player' to make the Finals just once, and not even as a full starter.

malakas likes this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The Jump hating on Rockets 55. shrug. it's fine.

Scottie saying 55 with only 5 fts is nothing. Windhorst begrudgingly said it was something with a taste of sarcasm.

D-rock likes this.
  4. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

What is that fat bish Rachel Nichols saying now?

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

She's not on the program. It's Amin.

6. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Pippen and Windhorst. I know that you weren't surprised. Pippen saying he would average 40 under D'Antoni made me spit out my drink. Just ridiculous.

D-rock, BamBam and pippendagimp like this.
  7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Talk about inventing a narrative and finding your own result... good one Jay Williams!!
    In a game where, down 11 with 8 minutes to go, Harden takes over and scores 20 in that final stretch, let's talk about the supposed "trust issue"...

What trust issue? Because Harden takes 1 dribble (and commits the nearest defender to Westbrook to Harden) THEN passes it to him for a wide open look. Um?

Richie_Rich, Deuce, D-rock and 4 others like this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Numb to James Harden's greatness.

Harden 55? *shrug*
    ABH(anyone but Harden) 55? [Media]: HOLY ****!
    And you don't get it both ways. "Well he got 60 but 20 came from the FT line!" and also say 55 with 5 FT is "nothing". :rolleyes:

#128 J.R., Dec 12, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  9. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

If anything he trusts Westbrook too much. I wouldn’t have passed him the ball.

10. nemac

nemac Member

The disrespect for harden has reached unprecedented levels

Richie_Rich likes this.
  11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

12. Nook

Nook Member

Who do you think is better?

Elgin Baylor (he technically won one)? Charles Barkley? Karl Malone? Alan Iverson? George Gervin? Dominique Wilkens?

Technically Baylor did win one. If you want to argue Karl Malone, I would listen......... the others not so much. Barkley was very good but I don't think he was as good as Harden.

#132 Nook, Dec 12, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  13. Nook

Nook Member

Come on..... 20 points by one player in the last 9 minutes of a game is common....... I mean, what? Last week Harden had 15 points in the last 7 minutes of a game. So he had 20 this time in 9 minutes... not impressed. 55 points? So what, did you see when he hesitated to pass to the guy shooting 25% from 3? NOW THAT IS A STORY.

Richie_Rich and pippendagimp like this.
  14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

off topic, i want to ask if you might have an answer to something i've been wondering about. do opposing team advance scouts and/or coaching staffs encourage their players to flop against harden thinking that refs will be more than happy to call offensive fouls against him?

15. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

True. Good points. Harden is doing nothing special that Chef Curry hasn't done before. Remember that time Curry averaged 60 through 20 games?

And he only plays on the offensive end anyway. See how Kevin Love posted up Harden down the stretch and humiliated him?
    And he's pretty good offensively, but Kobe had a higher PPG in his best season than Harden ever had.

And Harden can't win in the playoffs because he's a choker, it has nothing at all to do with tight-ass owners who give away picks and players who might make some contribution for LT$

Blurr#7 likes this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Harden scores 55 and now the media is saying he doesn't trust Westbrook. This is wild.

Richie_Rich and D-rock like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

26 PPG 8th in MVP
    25 PPG 5th in MVP
    28 PPG 2nd in MVP
    29 PPG 9th in MVP
    29 PPG 2nd in MVP
    31 PPG 1st in MVP
    36 PPG 3rd highest scoring average in modern NBA history 2nd in MVP
    39 PPG 1st highest scoring average in modern NBA history

[​IMG]

Richie_Rich, Reeko, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

Have they pointed out how dark his skin is, or that he appears a little chubby, or that he goes to strip clubs or called him lazy yet?

I'm asking because I have heard everyone of these statements from the media at some point.

D-rock likes this.
  19. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Make it total Win Shares, and it's Malone. Use WS/48 and, interestingly, it's Chris Paul. See for yourself:

malakas likes this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

I can give you my opinion but I do not have any direct knowledge as it has never come up.

My opinion is that I am sure in certain situations. I also know that teams in some cases have told the defender by the 3 point line to not leave his feet when Harden shoots over him to avoid possible fouls..... in general there are meetings where tendencies are discussed.

pippendagimp likes this.