1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[O’Brien Haters] Let’s get you on the Record.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Mr.Scarface, Dec 10, 2019.

?

Do you want the Texans to lose the last 3 games, if it means O’BRIEN is fired?

Poll closed Dec 17, 2019.
  1. Yes

40.7%
  2. No

59.3%
  1. showa13

showa13 Member

Should’ve been let go with Rick Smith. Seemed like he was slowly starting to turn the corner then this last week happened. Saying we need to be more consistent and that we weren’t prepared for a game is just flat out bad coaching and coach management.

His GM moves can be debated for days, but I find it hard to debate whether or not he’s been good at coaching the team(he’s been not good). Saying that, if we get to the playoffs we have the biggest wildcard in the playoffs: Deshaun Watson. He’s willed this team to some wins based on pure will to win(see Dabo Swinney/MJ comparison). I want BOB gone, but I want a super bowl win more. We shall see if we make it.

2. TedR

TedR Member

I always want the Texans to win- I voted no.

However, I don't think BoB is the long term answer. He hasn't shown the ability to consistently put a prepared team on the field each week. I don't hate him- I just don't think he should be the head coach after this year, short of a run to the AFCCG. If that happens, I think it would show that he might be the one to lead them going forward- but I honestly think we lose in the wildcard round or divisional round, if we make the playoffs at all.

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

This.

Unless our team is tanking, I see no reason to root for a loss (or multiple in this case) just to get someone fired. We are about winning and want to win at all costs.

He needs to do his job and get this team ready for an AFC championship bid, if anything.

4. Texanstradamus

If u put them together with the chiefs they have been outscored 51 - 7 the game against the raiders really doesn’t matter considering it was a 3rd stringer

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Can I simply just not like him without throwing out the baby with the bathwater? I do not like his face. His attitude. His body language. His desire to control operations. He's just... unlikable.

And the thing for me, football-wise... since he's been here, the team has never at any single point had an identity. What is it we do consistently? What do we hang our hat on? You get a completely different team any given week.

He's positioned a team that can beat anyone and win a Superbowl, but also just as easily miss the playoffs and get blown out every game.

6. Fantasma Negro

**** losing. I want to win, if that means Billy O stays then so be it. This team can make it to the afc championship game, I don't think they can win it but they have the potential to make it there, if they don't make it or lose in the first round or end up 8-8 then Billy should go, other than that stay the course. I hate when ppl advocate losing. Support your team

#26 Fantasma Negro, Dec 11, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    jcf, houstonstime, red5rocket and 3 others like this.
  7. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Why would we "put them together"? They were three years apart and one game was started by Brian Hoyer, the other Deshaun Watson.

Also, yes, we beat their third stringer with our third stringer. Funny how quickly people forget BO'B has won a playoff game with Brock Osweiler as his starting QB.

8. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

This is the make or break year IMO. I'm judging him based on how this season plays out, because (a) he has a great, established 3rd year QB and (b) he put most of our chips on the table with the preseason trades.

If we end up losing the division and lose the WC or/or are over-matched in the division round, he should be out (though he probably still won't).

If we win the division and make the AFC title game, of course he stays. If we put up a good fight in the division round I'd be inclined to keep him.

9. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

BOB already sacrificed our draft future so he could save his job with a mediocre season, so we don't really have a choice but to win now.

Houstunna and Mr. Clutch like this.
  10. Hey Now!

Can we... just not?... With compensatory picks, they have 8 selections in next year's draft and, prior to any free agency, 6 in 2021. That's 14 picks. They lack 1s and 2s - but the net of that is two positions (LT and WR) they almost certainly would've used those picks on anyway.

An incomplete 8-5 season in which they've already beaten the Chiefs and Patriots is not "mediocre."

They are winning *now* - they're on pace to post B2B double-digit win seasons for just the second time in team history.

11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I as a fan would never root for any Houston team to lose. Never have and never will.

jcf, houstonstime and fallenphoenix like this.
  12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Two first, a second and a third for stills, who sucks, and Tunsil who is soon to be overpaid.

Not really a good return.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

That 21-7 loss last year flattered the Texans. the game was OVER the Colts dominated the 1st half. I believe it was 21-0 at halftime. After that the Colts went vanilla conservative and just coasted to a victory. The Texans offense (coached by BoB) did absolutely nothing all game. The colts dominated that game it might as well have been 38-7.

BoB got absolutely curbstomped/dominated twice at home in the Wild card round, to the Chiefs and the Colts. His lone win came against a 3rd string QB.

That's not good

Houstunna and red5rocket like this.
  14. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

How far did Jordan make it with Doug Collins as his coach.

15. Hey Now!

OK. It still doesn't rank as one of "the worst home loses in playoff history."

Why are you so quick to discount his one win ("3rd string QB") but not as quick to at least partially excuse two of his losses (which prominently featured Brian Hoyer and Brock Osweiler, who, BTW, beat that 3rd string QB)? It so blatantly disingenuous.

If playing a lesser QB is *that* impactful, it has to be applied universally. Conversely, BO'B's three playoff losses are to: Alex Smith (eh - but better than Hoyer or Osweiler), Brady and Luck. He's not 1-3 against Connor Cook.

And I'm not defending BO'B - it's just intellectually dishonest to hold one standard here and a thoroughly different one there. If QB matters, it matters - period. And BO'B has been hamstrung in that area.

16. ballgame

ballgame Member

IT'S BEEN 6YRS!!!

It only took Kyle Shanahan 2yrs, Sean McVay 1yr....It doesn't take long if you know what you're doing. I just think B O'B has stayed too long and the results are not manifesting.

He has EVERYTHING he wanted and we are still getting the same results. Coming down to the last couple of weeks to determine if he can make it to the Playoffs. The Texans should be up by 2, to 3 games in this Division with the talent we have, compared to the Titans, Colts and Jags.

THIS SHOULD NOT BE A DISCUSSION.

Houstunna, red5rocket and Mr. Clutch like this.
  17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

What has Shanahan done, yet?

18. ballgame

ballgame Member

Just by you asking that question, I can tell which side of the fence you're on! The AVERAGE AND BELOW SIDE W/ B O'B. Shanahan has taken a team from 4-12 to 11-2 in the toughest Division in the NFL. If B O'B was in that Division he would be in 3rd place, while playing an easier schedule.

You need to listen to T.I's song......NO MEDICORE!

19. Pringles

Pringles Member

I am a BOB hater. But I hope that he proves me wrong and can win Houston a championship with Watson.

I am not a believer though. Would I prefer Texans winning the reset of the games in the season? Yes. And then I hope BOB proves me wrong and outcoaches the teams we meet in the playoffs.

20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Um...they didn’t give up 4 picks (no 3rd).