1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

You ever get to a point in life...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Falcons Talon, Dec 11, 2019.

1. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It sounds like you are simply depressed from everything you've said. Losing someone close to you and these big changes in life can bring it on. It might be a good idea to talk to your doctor about trying an SSRI antidepressant.

2. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Good observation, but it's not that. Beside's my gf has literally moved all of her grown children back in AND her mom as well.:rolleyes: so there is no empty nest here.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. Falcons Talon

Dad's loss definitely changed who I was. Kind of brought me back down to Earth.

daywalker02 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hope this is not an early sign of depression, and you find out what it is......

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

By a hobby, I don't mean something fun that you do occasionally, but something that you WANT to do all the time but can only afford to do it a little bit.

Build a man cave shed with a pub in it.....do something that you never thought you would do.....sky diving, magnet fishing, gold prospecting - or some such.

DD

Rocket River and FrontRunner like this.
  6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

As I get older, I've been making it a point to have real social interactions with people I like and care for. I invite people over more even when my house is a mess, I offer to help people with fixing ****, I invite people to fun activities. I also try to call people I care about more. It has had a positive effect. The best times in life have always been about sharing experiences with people I care about.

#66 rockbox, Dec 11, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  7. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

1. Exercise. Exercise. Exercise. And if you're sedentary for much of the day: more exercise.

Just a half hour brisk walk that gets one's heart rate up and perspiring can make a big difference in one's mood; or has in my experience at least. (I can walk miles on a treadmill when watching a Rockets game, and I'm usually at the gym during most "must-see" events like the Superbowl, etc.) Light exercise can also boost testosterone.

2. Think about joining a gym. Find a pool. Or a sauna.

If it's not for you don't feel bad, but know that it can be hard starting an exercise routine and that it's hard to get back to it when you're away from it for a while.

3. Have your vitamin D levels checked, especially if you're indoors a lot.

4. Eat well.

5. Stop telling yourself you're unhappy and tell yourself how extremely happy and fortunate you are, but don't stop working to make yourself happier yet.

6. Allow yourself time to reflect on life and to focus on your feelings. I find myself feeling down from time to time and will sometimes even go back and lay in bed, but I usually find myself feeling much better afterwards.

7. Know that life can be hard, but that you have the power to change it.

8. Be good to your significant other. Happy wife, happy life...

BamBam, Nook, arkoe and 1 other person like this.
  8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

you are a role model and consumate proffesional, I hope you retire a ....

B-Bob likes this.
  9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

set some new goals. Being comfortable in life can make you feel uncomfortable.

10. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Come volunteer at the Houston food bank, you’ll definitely feel better about your situation. Also helping others is fulfilling.
    Attempting to find happiness with material things isn’t always the answer.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I think I see a problem.

JumpMan, Nook, ima_drummer2k and 7 others like this.
  12. Falcons Talon

Yeeaaahhh....after putting it down in print, and getting different perspectives, the dots are starting to connect for me.

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Sounds like your sated but not satisfied.

You're full, but it's not the kind of full from the best meal you ever had, more of a full from eating too many pieces of pizza.

Challenge yourself.

Falcons Talon likes this.
  14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Heavy thoughts like this should be in it's own thread.

Seems like you're caught in a bind about God and meaning. That church sounds awful, but ultimately human. The doctor and church couldn't crack the mystery so instead of admitting defeat, they blamed the victim. The attacks on her to diminish her standing is nothing short of their weakness and powerlessness in both character and professional standing.

The thing you should remind yourself is that it doesn't own the monopoly on spirituality or even God... it's just wicked marketing. If you're so angry about the pastor and doctor, I would just confront them and lay it all down. What's the use, you ask? It seems like you have a lot of pent up energy that you tolerated because you were raised or learned to be nice and proper, but growing up and seeing how rotten some people can truly display themselves is driving a hidden resentment and anger deeper. Confronting them won't tip the balance of Justice but it will allow you to express yourself while letting them understand the pain and damage dealt upon you and your loved one.

This energy isn't healthy man. Expressing anger is healthy. Internalizing anger and it's second hand release generally isn't because it ends up corroding and becoming uncontrollable. You can divert anger through working out your body, but the underlying conflict in your mind is still burning which is like having it's smoke surround your body.

Start off by writing a letter, you can even draft one to the toxic mother. Your intention isn't to hurt or damage but just to vent and pour it all out. How they take it after that is up to them. This will help you walk away from their shittyness. It's not meant to help you resolve your loss, but it might help you sort out the other deeper questions in your post.

15. likestohypeguy

16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Really liking all the advice on here.

Trucking

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. NateNate

NateNate Member

Are you a competitive person? I’ve always played ball (pickup) and when I go through a stint where I’m inactive a find myself much happier when I get back in it. Yours doesn’t have to be ball of course but staying competitive in something is big for me.

Falcons Talon and FranchiseBlade like this.
  18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow. That sucks. There is nothing I can say for that. It is three life times full of pure crap misery. That is horrible for her, and definitely can see why you would be so mad about all of that. Stay strong. I wish there was some way out of the mess. Hang in there, man.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

have you fulfilled your covenant with god? it is only thru him that you will find happiness. think jerry lin.

Nook likes this.
  20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Ehh this is a rough and tricky/dangerous thing to have a problem with. A woman taking care of her family is very admirable, and speaks wonders to her values.

I suggest seeing if you can find happiness in a hobby you enjoy OP, like basketball, fishing, having some beers with the guys etc whatever it is you fancy.

You're always welcome to come get wet & wild with me and @Jontro on Taco Tuesdays.

Falcons Talon and Jontro like this.