1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So the Astros 2017 title is tainted

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rockets13champs, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msn

msn Member

Not the best character reference in the world...

JeeberD likes this.
  2. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For sure, but he does hit on the biggest hole in the argument on the ability to consistently do this and the effectiveness of doing it.

That being said, for whatever reason, the posted videos are much more than 2 seconds between sign, to bang, to pitch.

#SpeedUpTheGame :cool:

HTown2017Champs and lw17 like this.
  3. msn

msn Member

The game WAS quicker in Charlie's time, though. Remember how many 1:58 games we had in the 80s?

4. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

5. PhiSlammaJamma

Mark Mcgwire, Braun, Arod, Ortiz, and Sosa have all aligned w the Astros. Pete, the game has changed buddy. If there is a will there is a way and Pete should know that more than anyone.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

“No,’’ Neander said. “I should say, I don't know. I hope not. I don't believe so. We could have taken care of our own business better when it came to the inner workings and the detail of the game. … And that's not to be overly critical by any means. I think they outplayed us over the course of five games. They beat us. Believe they did it fair and square. Or at minimum want to believe they did in fair and square. And I'll operate with that assumption as long as I'm able.’’

Cash had a similar take on the possibility of the Astros cheating in that series.

“That’s an easy no for me,’’ Cash said, “because I know that MLB was very much involved in regulating everything that could be going on.’’

He noted the presence of MLB personnel in the dugouts, and their vigilance, in feeling nothing was improper or untoward.

“In the postseason, I do not,’’ Cash said. “If they say, what about during the regular season, I can’t say. I don’t know. We’re going to find out more in the coming days, weeks, whatever.’’

everyday eddie likes this.
  7. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

I mean the only thing I know he did was bet on his own team when he was playing but that has nothing to do with cheating via sign stealing.

8. msn

msn Member

Bad character is bad character.

9. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

NFL probing Pats video crew at Bengals-Browns
    https://es.pn/358HLiq

Something aren’t meant to change. I thought Astros are the new Patriots but I now believe that Patriots are in a league of their own when it come to staying ahead of the game. LOL.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

To be honest, its probably SOP for them for any upcoming opponent... and given a stadium full of 70,000 people, with the ability to record/film with technology more advanced than ever, it is nearly impossible to 100% enforce.

Teams who play them should probably scrap the entire playbook and do something unique/different as much as possible.

I expect teams who play the Astros in the future will also do the same... if not having already done it in this past playoffs.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. msn

msn Member

Since the point was made many pages ago, let me repeat:

Thread title is complete unadulterated BS.

Marteen, The Beard, Uprising and 6 others like this.
  13. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

MLB can lick my taint

14. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

No, we won. That is it. Moving on.

Uprising and SuraGotMadHops like this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Were the Cubs in the AL playoffs? I missed that.

mikol13, SuraGotMadHops and RayRay10 like this.
  17. SuraGotMadHops

My updated opinion over the last several weeks:

I have seen just one, ONE, video that actually means something, and that is the one Gattis at bat from mid season 2017 that has the banging against Farquar, and even that does not evidence actual camera use. For all we know that could be just traditional sign stealing or even tipping. Farquar was a reliever and there is a reason that banging was limited in that game to just him - he was tipping his pitches when the other ChiSox pitchers werent. Regardless, that incident pre-dates the BoSox and Yankess bust that mandated the new enforcement against using electronics.

Everything else that Colombo wannabe Jomboy has posted has been debunked by current or former non-Astro players.

Other than that, all we have is Fiers statement to the reporter Evan Dreillich who has Astros biases,and Fiers has gone on the lamb since dropping his bomb. All I see so far is guessing and hearsay. Sorry haters, but its time to move on from this s***.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I just found out that Jeff Lunhow used to work at McKinsey.

Let's be real, the Astros cheated their ass off.

19. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I think Pete is right about this. Between the constant change of signs, the relative small time frame of communication, & the amount of noise in a stadium it seems really difficult to pull off well and might actually have contributed to our offense not being as good at home because it could have caused more harm than good.

I don't doubt the allegation, because Mike Fiers has no reason to lie, nor would the unnamed sources. The team should be punished (doesn't matter if it didn't help, because we shouldn't have tried). I just hope it is purely financial, though I'm expecting to lose some draft picks as well, especially if it is shown we used it after the MLB came down on Boston.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.