1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Confederate Snowflakes afraid of Outside Agitators

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Full of hate and taught that he is entitled to everything since birth. What a great person.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dachuda86 likes this.
  3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

There are major differences between a confederate flag to honor what some perceive as their heritage and ISIS based on their activities. Largely sedition for example. Isis is an active terror cell with ambitions to carve out territory and create a state. Not to mention is a declared enemy. It really isn't as similar as you try to make it out to be but I am sure you will bring up some what about to draw a false comparison. Also you assume a lot. You are so obsessed with race that it's all you zone in on. And usually you strawman like in the post above. I am completely OK with black supremacists marching and having their speech and flag. Has nothing to do with white people or black people. People should have their say, no matter if I agree or not, or feel good about it. Which again look above... you focus in on my feelings because of some bias you assume I have because it's actually what you're dealing with as you rot in front of you monitor on CFs and obsess. Specifically, you are obsessed with feelings as a basis for a position actually, which is largely how you've formed yours. Then you argue and spew BS later to fill in the holes in your argument because you don't have real logical positions.

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

So I was saying about photshops?

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yeah I'm just not going to bother much because I've had this flag argument so many times which always surprises me since the flag didn't exist until two years into the civil war, so southern heritage my ass, but I found this very interesting. It's a Savannah, GA newspaper dated April 23rd, 1863.

https://gahistoricnewspapers.galileo.usg.edu/lccn/sn82015886/1863-04-23/ed-1/seq-2/

While they're discussing their beautiful new battle flag that General Beauregard's boys really like they drop in this nugget.

As a people, we are fighting to maintain the Heaven ordained supremacy of the white man over the inferior colored racce. A white flag would thus be emblematical of our cause.

Savannah paper.png

There's just no denying what the flag has represented for nearly a hundred and fifty years.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

At this point I’m convinced you are actually a liberal posing as a Trumper just to make Trumpers look like complete fools.

Good lord man.

The Confederacy was exactly about carving out territory and waging war on the United States of America. The south betrayed the country and waged war on the Union over slavery. The flag represents history yes.... a history of betraying your country and waging war against it when you didn’t get your way and threw of racist fit in the most extreme way... real honorable stuff to hold in high regard.

You need a basic history lesson dude.

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

99 percent of people flying a confederate flag are not calling for succession you idiot and are not engaged in war. It is a relic of the past and a celebration of southern heritage and an idiot identification card. Nothing more. That was settled in the 1860s. Isis however is activity an enemy of the nation. HUGE difference bro.

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I used to be really offended by the Confederate flag but most people who display are proud of the South.

That being when it was flown during the Civil Rights movement people undoubtedly flew in display of white supremacy for the most part.

The argument of when the flag came into existence and what it meant really doesn't matter in terms of today. However i think people who fly it out of pure southern pride shouldn't get upset when they're accused of hatred because there are still people who fly it out of hatred

#48 pgabriel, Dec 10, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Correct - they are celebrating total and complete failure -- a heritage of losing and ignorance encoded in each flag proudly displayed by knuckle dragging rednecks across the south.

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

nice take... and yet regardless i will still say they should have the right to that speech... hate or pride... really doesn't matter from a constitutional standpoint. Also this is getting dull. I have said my piece. Consider that my final statement on this.

pgabriel likes this.
  11. dobro1229

Well under that premise Germans should feel like they should celebrate their heritage and keep a few Nazi flags around... I mean... as a relic of course... no Germans are actually calling for genocide of the Jews.

When idiot rednecks put that flag on the back of their POS truck, or in their garage, even they understand what it means. Yes they are idiots, but they understand as much that it means they are basically segregationists. Also segregation and systematic racism was not "settled" in 1860... that is complete ignorant BS, and borderline offensive. Andrew Johnson was impeached because he was actively trying to reverse the outcome of the civil war. The Jim Crow Laws were enacted in the segregationist south in the 60's. To this day we still carry with us the baggage that this country carries around in regards to segregation, and inherit racism. Yes we have made a ton of progress, but its complete ignorance to make a comment that segregation was resolved in the 1860's.

I'm fine with the Confederate Flag being in Museums and such, but anyone that literally flies that flag as symbol of their social identity knows exactly what they are saying, and its an obvious self identification of racial segregation.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's pretty extreme measures taken to avoid the kids selling magazine subscriptions.

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

****ing idiots!

DD

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

False equivalence... nazi card is a cheap play and not even remotely the same thing. Genocidal regimes versus an outdated slave holding state is a stretch. The only fair comparison to nazis is the communist flag. And people should be allowed to fly both.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Why not?

I think to compare the Nazi genocide against Jews with 250 years of slavery for blacks is a fine comparison when talking about extreme oppression of a people. Personally, I'd rather be gassed then have me and my children be enslaved for generations.

19. dobro1229

Sorry enacted until the 60’s. Obviously between 1860 and 1960 we weren’t a bunch of pu$$y hat wearing open borders libtards.

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Not the same thing as genocide and to suggest they are comparable is spitting on the graves of millions. You can say oppression occurred under our current American flag too based on your own infographic. So should we go after that? Just think of all the oppression that took place under our current flag. You know, let's just say that segregation is completely equal to the horrors of slavery since slavery was oppression and we can treat it as we do the confederate flag and hold it with complete disdain.