1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Athletic] D'Antoni unlikely to return

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Why would she do that to herself? :(

amaru likes this.
  2. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Basicly means rockets get new coach next year. Will get bumped out of 2nd round either by LA or LA. LA owns it this year, and i dont know who they gonna bring in either, so see ya next year with tweeked squad and new coach. Cause there is no defense being played this year, so if you go into LA doing that you might lose 4 games straight in playoffs. Just saying... Na i be playing haha.

BasketMAD likes this.
  3. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

This is not a team, it is a group of players that does not know where they are going. I think the era of MDA has come to an end. It is unacceptable that a coach with his fourth season at the head of the team makes these mistakes, unacceptable.
    The thing about the referees is another issue, they have ruined the NBA.

BasketMAD, ipaman and roslolian like this.
  4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The more important question is who does he replace Morey with when he leaves. The next coach is far less of my concern. If Harden and Westbrook are still here, I could coach this team on offense.

MDA has been better for this team that I originally thought but still far from perfect. I think he’s perfectly fine if they keep him. I’m also okay making a change if we have a first or disappointing second round exit.

Vivi likes this.
  5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Just got back home from the game... I'm done with this dude now immediately. Don't wait until the end of the season. Got punk'd by Luke Walton and Ken Mauer like a beyotch. Doesn't know how to use timeouts, doesn't know how to setup his team in critical moments. Watch him on the sideline, dude is a dead man walking.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

How did MDA turn James Harden into a superstar? His market value is already a max contract and he signed a max deal the moment he got traded to Houston.

MDA named James Harden the pg is he is the pg now? Clearly people were not wrong for being "incredulous" as Morey brought in actual pgs for the team like Cp3 and WB.

You keep saying MDA did this MDA did that lol how do you know he wasnt just riding on the coat tails of talent? MDA hasnt won jacksquat without a superstar team. Thats the diff with him, PJ and Popovich those 2 guys had good records with less than HOF talent. MDA hasnt proved he is a top tier coach as he hadnt won a ring. He got 8 tries with a stacked PHX squad and now he is on his 4th try with a stacked Houston squad. 12 tries of shoulda woulda coulda still 0 rings thats not a top tier coach material at all.

No coach can guarantee a ring but MDA's track record has shown he has failed to win a ring even if his team (Suns) had more talent than their opponents. I also never said any coach is better than MDA I'm just saying he is too dumb to make good coaching decisions thats why his track record is like that. You want a coach that gives you an edge over others, not somebody who puts your team at a disadvantage.

Look the Rox just lost yet another game by just 1 pt if we had a better tactical coach this wouldnt have happened.

ipaman likes this.
  7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

why the F didn't this fool have all 5 defenders on 4 kings w/ 1 sec left? what's the point of wasting a defender on the inbounder in that situation smh

BasketMAD, roslolian and ipaman like this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Thats cuz he is Dumbtoni gets dumped on by the old gen of geniuses like Popovich now the new gen of coaches like Luke Walton, Spoelstra and Bud take turns beating him up. A team as talented as the Rox shouldnt get punked by a rookie squad like the Kings.

Only reason this happens is cuz we got Dumbtoni at the helm. If we had Budenholzer or Nurse this would be a Rockets blowout.

Morey needs to fire Dumbtoni by midseason this isnt gonna work we may as well get the new coach in ASAP.

pippendagimp likes this.
  9. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

And not put smart defensive players in on the last play when you need a defensive stop. Players that know how to cover for people’s mistakes, like Clark and Sefolosha. They’re good at help defense and covering for people. The fact that they were on the bench when you need a stop is mind boggling.

BasketMAD, smp and pippendagimp like this.
  10. ipaman

WHY TF?!?! does PJ think they are SWITCHING while House Jr. think they are NOT SWITCHING!!! Harden and Russ knew there were switching and they they had their guys draped even after the switch. WTF!!! is Clint doing guarding the inbounder when there isn't enough time for inbounder to be involved with a shot?!?! WTF?!?! Clint should have been OFF the inbounder, at the 3pt line, watching inbounder eyes and jumping any lane the inbound went too immediately. Facking AAU coaches can draw up a 1 sec defense call better then this idiot.

Done, washed, gone by tomorrow morning... I'm done with this offense only fool.

#150 ipaman, Dec 9, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    pippendagimp and Little Bit like this.
  11. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I just want you all to know that if we hire Mark Jackson and I'm found the next day hanging from a ceiling fixture, it's not foul play.

pahiyas, Nook, Deuce and 6 others like this.
  12. Remlap

Remlap Member

No coach CAN guarantee a ring, but fans like you have proven that
    anything short of a ring deserves abandonment and hate.

We've come extremely close and yet, people want to run him out of town.
    That means his replacement had better GUARANTEE a ring, right?
    Or else, we're just shuffling cards.

His days are numbered.
    We'll just have to see what we get.
    But, we can certainly do worse

13. ipaman

Biglydick "NEED A STOP, DEFENSE!!, HERE'S WHAT WE'RE GONNA DO..."
    MDA "i don't know what to do or say, hehehe..."
    [​IMG]

J.R. likes this.
  14. farhen

farhen Member

yes! so does harden, and westbrook and murrey and everyone.

Hit the panic button.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Trade CP3 and control over our picks until 2027, then fire the head coach that helped Harden blossom into the MVP player he is, that gave us our best winning record in Rockets history, that created a system that the entire league has emulated. You know BrokeBoyTilly is either gonna fire Morey or not bring him back when he expires over the HongKong ordeal.

What could possibly go wrong?

I feel like Tilman has Dolan aspirations. We're ****ed fellas.

Nook likes this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

LOL, man, sometimes i think you guys are actually in on the huddle its the amazing insight that i see here. :rolleyes:

Nook likes this.
  17. BigBum

BigBum Member

Tilman expect too much from MDA in playoffs.

MDA can go to 2nd round.

18. BigBum

BigBum Member

Tilman said morey is the best GM in the nba.
    Let’s say mavs trade for Blake griffin, and beat Rockets in first round in playoffs.

Tilman would think MDA is underperformed again because MDA is supposed to win 1 ring in 4 years.

#158 BigBum, Dec 10, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  19. ipaman

whatever bro... i was at the game, saw MDA live, and i've watched the replay a dozen times. PJ and House facked the switch or... PJ cheated off too deep to help James cover backdoor and couldn't recover quickly or aggressively enough on the closeout. clint was useless on that play as well. long defensive players like Thabo and Clark were on the bench watching, while Russ and Harden were asked to play defense. Ridiculous lame duck, lame ass, players coach with no clout or cojones to play winning basketball not even for 1 second.

roslolian likes this.
  20. Le$$

Le$$ Member

[​IMG]
    "Play defense?, FOOK IT!" - Bselik
    "Boy speed dat rock hahahahah" - Mike

ipaman likes this.