1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Cybertruck - New Tesla Pickup Unveiling

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dr of Dunk, Nov 21, 2019.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

From reddit, thought you fanboys would like, cybertruck spotted driving around LA:

[​IMG]

KingCheetah and Jontro like this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Jontro likes this.
  5. Jontro

Jontro Member

definitely a decepticon

tinman likes this.
  6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Looks so terrible. Even if they intentionally went for a futuristic shape, this just looks bad and it seems they more tried to be provocative instead of coming up with a detailed design.

But ppl will defend it anyways, so guess Tesla knows they can do whatever they want at this point, every other car manufacturer would've been ridiculed do death for a car with these looks.

Sajan and cmoak1982 like this.
  7. CXbby

CXbby Member

They didn't intentionally make it that shape because they thought it looked so good. It was necessary to bring the cost down to make a battery powered truck with equal or better specs and competitive price to regular trucks. Achieved this by cutting out paint shop and stamping and just go with flat metal sheets. The "cyberpunk" styling came after all that and was just a way to market and sell what would have already been a very odd looking truck. At first people were thinking this was style over substance, but in reality it was function over everything, which to some has its own beauty.

red, I am a Donut and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  8. Sajan

Sajan Member

It's all about the flat UI design!

On the plus side this will be easy to do bodywork on. Insurance rates should be low.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Not really buying that reasoning, stamping metal barely costs anything nowadays and didn't make the other Tesla models expensive.

As others in this thread have mentioned, it also doesn't really have the everyday features needed to compete with normal trucks that ppl need for work, this is more a fashion truck.

10. CXbby

CXbby Member

Stamping press is one of the most expensive machinery in auto manufacturing. It is also one of the largest piece of equipment, tesla is running out of space in its factory. The material they are using, 30x stainless steel, can't be stamped anyways without breaking the press.

What features does it lack? From what I've seen it comes standard with a ton of extras that most trucks don't have: 3500 pound payload capacity, seats 6, 100 cub ft storage, locked tonneau cover, LED in bed, on board air compressor, 220/110 outlet for your tools, ramp on tailgate, adaptable air suspension, storage in front trunk and side flaps above bed, 17in infotainment system, autopilot driver assist.

The one draw back here is towing for long distances. It's certainly doable, and will save you a ton in gas money in the meantime, but stopping to charge multiple times during that trip will get annoying. This only matters if you are towing 300mi plus and do it often. Then again if that's what you do maybe you will appreciate the gas savings.

Other than that what else is it missing?

#170 CXbby, Dec 9, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  11. CXbby

CXbby Member

Besides Grimes looking like Hannibal Lecter I think the truck looks pretty badass in these pics.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I missed my chance to comment when it first came out, but better late than never. That's the most godawful looking vehicle I've ever seen.

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That's actually Musk behind the wheel of that thing.

Of course, the biggest news of the day was that he whacked a traffic cone pulling out of a parking lot. Obviously, the man should go to jail :

16. CXbby

CXbby Member

17. CXbby

CXbby Member

Plenty of other princessmobiles to look pretty in.

18. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I like it too.

CXbby likes this.
  19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Looks awesome.

Glad I ordered one as soon as it was announced.

I remember pre-ordering a Nissan 350Z when it was first announced... A year before release. When pics were released most everyone was saying how ugly and chunky it looked. About a year later I received one of the first ones in US. It looked amazing and everyone on the road loved it as well. One of the most fun car purchases I have made.

This time around I didn't order for the looks particularly. It was the specs that got my attention. Although I have a feeling I am going to have fun with it.

Xerobull, CXbby and tinman like this.
  20. Jontro

Jontro Member

it's starting to grow on me. now i can be an expert truck drawer too!

CXbby likes this.