1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN: Carmelo Anthony: After Rockets exit, told Chris Paul to 'just be careful'

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 9, 2019.

1. GottaHaveHeart

ESPN feeding anti-Rocket narrative

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Did you tell DanAndToni to be careful when you got him booted from NYC?
    Did you tell BzDelic to be careful when you got him booted from DENVER?
    Did you tell Jlin to be careful when you came back and rearranged the winning formula to suit you?

Tell me Melo . . .. who all you told to be careful?

Rocket River

3. Victorious

Victorious Member

Jesus man dudes acting like the Rockets took them out back and had them whacked, mafia style lol

4. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Will this Chris Paul/Melo drama ever go away? I don't fault ESPN on this one. Melo gave a quote and they reported it. I just wish all of this talk about last year would just go away. It's time for everyone involved to move on. What's done is done.

BigShasta likes this.
  5. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Melo needs to focus on his Blazers and commanding that tank ship.

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

It’s not about whether or not Carmelo or whoever else can be useful. The Rockets are painted as the “How dare they cut Carmelo” villain when in actuality nobody wanted him on their roster.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I really want to get ****ed over by an employer who gives me $200m guaranteed then sends me to Oklahoma. You could buy half the state for that much money.

CDrex, Richie_Rich, jboslett and 9 others like this.
  8. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Just curious what ESPNs narrative will be when Portland dumps Melo? It’s just a matter of time I think. He played well in a short stretch but he’ll be back to his usual chucking and whining before long.

bro2044 likes this.
  9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The hit pieces keep coming

10. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

The entitlement attitude of these guys :rolleyes:.

Guys get cut and traded in this league all the time. It’s funny how these banana boat guys are so surprised it’s happening to them now and are whining about it. And of course, ESPN is all in Lebron’s jock, and the Rockets pose a serious threat to the Lakers, so they try to tear us down.

I also find it funny that this story comes out right after Melo goes 4 for 18 for 9 points and 0 rebounds in a loss. Hmmmmm.....might that be the reason you got cut? Still ridiculous that the league gave you a Player if the Week as a pity prize.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They were not just painted.
    The Houston situation was negatively impacting Melo's situation.
    Morey got out easy by saying, they cut him to sign with another team.

In reality, they didn't care if teams wanted him or not.
    It was bad publicity for both Rockets and said player.
    Other teams wanted no piece of the media frenzy that came with signing Melo too.

I dun get why ppl are so salty, it was a lose and lose situation from the get go.

The Rox learned the hard way that the media support Melo and his situation more than the media support the Rox.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I cannot wait until the entire Banana Boat crew is long gone from the NBA. They can take that giant banana and shove it up each other's asses for all I care. Can't stand a single one of them on and off the court. 1 down, 3 to go. Hopefully sooner rather then later the rest of those hypocrite fools will be gone.

BigShasta and RayRay10 like this.
  13. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

Be very careful to the organization that stuck to their word in giving you a max contract at the twilight of your career that can set you for life. Even the life of your grandchildrens. I bet CP3 knows better.

Richie_Rich, JeffB, jboslett and 2 others like this.
  14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

And yet, there are so many more former Rockets players that heap praise on the FO. GTFO with this hot take.

RayRay10 and Sajan like this.
  15. Sajan

Sajan Member

He better go around and tell NBA players to watch out. Rumor is NBA players are starting to get traded now. Crazy. It’s a lawless world out there.

Richie_Rich and RayRay10 like this.
  16. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Make yourself useful, earn your paycheck, and you're a lot more likely to keep your job.

Apologies to NBA players who have to live in this world like the rest of us.

17. finsraider

finsraider Member

The difference between the situations in Portland and Houston is in part what’s driving this.

Houston started the season with Melo, and we were unexpectedly bad. We then released him and things turned around.

Portland started the season unexpectedly bad without Melo. Then they signed him, and they are still bad.

At no point did the Rockets blame Melo, but it’s almost like the media wants to infer they did.

rantsolpuella13 and RayRay10 like this.
  18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

What did he say?

"Be careful. Dont suck like I did."

??

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think it's clear that Harden has a mentality where he believes he is never part of the problem and it's his teammates. You can see this when Harden messes up a defensive assignment but then scolds at a teammate for it.

20. MystikArkitect

Chris strong armed us for a contract well beyond what his body was capable of. Morey, thanks to Harden, managed to salvage the situation by trading him to OKC for a better player.

Now the implication is that CHRIS was the one who was screwed? Go get OKC brass to trade for Melo then and they can go 39-43 together.

RayRay10, BigShasta and Sajan like this.