1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hartenstein - Back Up PF?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Nov 20, 2019.

1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I would stop blaming the coach. I would tell the people sitting with calculators in a closet to shut the hell up and let him coach. We're going to have to find a way to stretch the boys in L.A. in purple n gold out of the paint. They have alot of shot blockers and from what I see they are not afraid to bruise.

2. Moahst

Moahst Member

He's a healthy young big body. If we can keep him on the floor that's a great thing. However, I don't see him playing in the playoffs. No specific strengths at the NBA level other than size (for now).

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

[​IMG]

hakeem94, Os Trigonum and D-rock like this.
  4. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Dwight didn't destroy Chandler, Dirk did. A lot of that was Dirk not being able to stay in front of Josh Smith. Tyson was a few seasons removed from DPOY at that point and was, and still is very solid. I don't expect him to guard 2 on 1 situations against two of the most athletic big men the in league history.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It was so refreshing to see us have the taller player winning scrum rebounds last night.

hakeem94 and Rocket River like this.
  6. kkthksbai

kkthksbai Member

I like Harty, and sure he can hit the three...but theres no way he's staying infront of an athletic PF. Just dont see the lateral speed on D and God forbid he have to put the ball on the floor....nah im good with him at C.

saleem and D-rock like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Heartenstein is not a 4, strictly a 5.

saleem likes this.
  8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Again that is why we are discussing having him play the 4 and not bruising with the bigger 5's. He needs to bulk a bit but in today's nba it might be more important he just get faster.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Why can Hartenstein not get much playing time?
    I cannot say he has been a disaster on the floor.
    We WILL need him in the second half of the season and the playoffs IMO
    Chandler maybe good for a strong 10 minutes a game. . .15 at most.

Rocket River

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I generally thought IH was not a playable NBA player yet to start the season but have been surprised by him and now more to the point agree that he has to get more playing time, even if it isn’t great, because he needs to develop for later.

Granted last night he was -7 in 2 minutes ... but that’s often about who you play with not just how you play.

saleem likes this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Just a bump

Rocket River

deb4rockets likes this.
  12. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

We can play two towers to destroy Bucks and Lakers. At the time being, it is better give some rest for caplea and harden to ensure he is fully recover