1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Suns @ Rockets 12/7/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

This game gave me hope. I'm even beginning to think Westbrook might be learning how to fit in. That can't be true, can it?

Don't give me hope. I might start to worry about the playoffs again.

Deuce, D-rock, Williamson and 6 others like this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Now that is exciting stuff!

bro2044 and amaru like this.
  3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Nice win.

Russ attacking at the end when our 3s were broken- nice wrinkle (for the Rox) to go in for a high percentage shot. Whuda-thunk-it.

McLemore-moar of that!

FU booker you little b****.

#863 Tfor3, Dec 7, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    D-rock, Hakeemtheking and juanm34 like this.
  4. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

im just super imprrssed with clint. like we can actually throw it down to him for a post hook. n posting up smaller players...plus his top of the key passing is finally their...the draymond pass i been screaming for him to learn. just those t skills gonna make os so hard to beat in the playoffs

Naismith, hakeem94 and deb4rockets like this.
  5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

That game 7 playoff game when we went 0-27 in the 4th quarter. That's the game I'm thinking where Russ could have made a difference with his drives. Today, he realized our shooters were going cold at the worst time, so he took it upon himself to drive. That was great.

hakeem94, Richie_Rich, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  6. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Dare to dream... Tucker'd be grateful.

That said, and this will sound like blasphemy, a few more of these games will shoot Mac's stock into the stratosphere. Which will mean the Rockets might then have something that they could give up---especially if they think this is as much fools gold as Jake Marisnick's annual six weeks where he hit the ball like a star big leaguer---and that other teams would want in a trade.

Just something to think about, and that I'm sure Morey is considering.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  7. amaru

amaru Member

We need another guy on the wing that can lock down. Ben may be turning his career around

Mazulis, Lurch and Hakeemtheking like this.
  8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Yeah, I hate when he sits and we go small. You see an instant change in our defense for the worse. I even want to see him get more alley oops from James. I love their chemistry. Clint has really upped most of his game and I love it!

The part that worries me though is that his FT shooting could kill us because of hacking. We can't afford to have him forced to the bench in playoffs because of hacking. We need him in there!!!!!!!! Without him we are in trouble big time.

9. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

This team desperately needs someone in the front court that MDA will actually play. Unfortunately, I think that the only realistic option is via a buyout and that feels like a complete crap shoot this season.

This team is going to have one of the best benches in the league going into the playoffs if Gordon can get back to being the third option and McLemore keeps up his Green 2.0 act.

D-rock, Hakeemtheking and amaru like this.
  10. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

not nesscary...thats a double edge sword there.

i look at it as still those are fould that helps gets th3 other tewm i the penalty.
    u hqve alot of guys thqt drqw fouls on our teqm..harden west

so doing thqt may hurt th3 other t3wm now cquse u foul out ur guys one. n then the oth3r players harden benifit from being in the penalty now.

to your other point with clint n the alley.

whqt most people aint see is its a reqson for that..him not geyting many alleys from james.

a pick n roll is basicqlly a instqnt double. thqts the league strategy this year. so he doesnt run it cause it makes it easy for the other team yo just trap when clint brings his mqn for the pick

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. amaru

amaru Member

Lol MDA doesn’t trust Harty. 2 minutes lol. He doesn’t even need a shower.

12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

13. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

ahhh hello thats house...i predicted he will ne a lock down defender by years end...i watch his d every game...real close. just watc h him....he makes it real hard for guys to get around him. n never gives up on the play...im telling yall watch. he may be as good as pj. by years end.

he has completely made me tgibk covington my white whale is not needed

14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

We need to start a Go Fund Me page for you on here to get you a new phone. When 2 of the vowels are gone on your keyboard it's time to upgrade. Man, my eyes are about to start bleeding from trying to decipher that. Time to call it a night and hit the sack.

15. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

I don't think this team is legit. The Bucks would've blown the hell out of this Suns teams. This system hasn't been successful, but homers cling on to it just because "we were almost there" one year and then the next year, there's another bunch of lame excuses. Harden shooting almost 20 3s when his shot is off instead of distributing the ball more and being active on defense. (I hope teams keep playing the defense that the Raptors did against Harden because that's the only way he'll be forced to change his ways, but MDA and Harden are both stubborn, unfortunately.) That's not even to mention MDA's cancerous coaching exhausting his starters early in December.

CapelaOnlyFan likes this.
  16. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

You're just using points to measure that, not defensive rating or net rating, right?

17. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Maybe if this team had a different coach. MDA will be playing Tucker 40 minutes in the Playoffs as well with reduced minutes from Capela.

amaru likes this.
  18. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Yay, Westbrook, Rivers, McLemore, Gordon, and Tucker--what an amazing midget bench.

amaru likes this.
  19. amaru

amaru Member

House isn’t that guy yet, but maybe he can become him.

20. amaru

amaru Member

*insert MDA happy squeal here*

BasketMAD and D-rock like this.