1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Stoop": Rockets Twitter vs Eddie Johnson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Dec 5, 2019.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Does EJ hate on the Rockets and Harden? Absolutely. Is that his biggest problem as a broadcaster? Definitely not. His biggest issue is that he’s just not very smart. Like legitimately. He’s always having technical problems, can’t remember the thing he literally just said and anyway spouts moronic takes.

As for Termine... I like Termine. A legitimately entertaining broadcaster. He doesn’t hate in the Rockets generally either. He appreciates analytics. Etc. I mean look... to a large extent the Rockets are a “whiny” organization and Hardens style hasn’t worked. Termine might refer to that here and there but on the whole I think he’s fairly knowledgeable but as important has perfected his persona from an entertaining media personality perspective. And that persona at times includes being outlandish.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Eddie's going to have a field-day if the Suns win this game. Hell, he's going to have a field-day if we lose this game. The "I told you so's" will be rolling no matter what happens.

don grahamleone likes this.
  3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Screw Kevin Durant.

Also, the Rockets are a "whiny" organization because they challenge what should be challenged. It's a reputation I'm willing to take if it that's what it has to be. Better to win games in a well-officiated sport than to care about what fans on Twitter are saying.

4. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Standing up for yourself is not whiny, the Rockets dont want to submit, lower their their heads, be a beta male.

Ask Gregg Popovich how many times he's been whiny, he will chew you out verbally, Cuss you out of how bad you are, he has been thrown out of games 100s of times. Is he whiny, no, Referees are consistently bad, old, 3 Referees in a game is bad it should 6 referees, 4 full court, 2 middle of the court.

Younger Referees can run and call fouls better and knows the Rules.

These older referees dont know the newer rules for Replay, etc. James Capers looked really dumb not knowing the Replay Rule and his Ego would take a hit, Tony Brothers, Ken Mauer, Scott Foster are Old, Corrupt and worked, gambled on games with Tim Donaghy.

don grahamleone and clutchdabear like this.
  5. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Was Eddie so angry tonight he was fantasizing about getting into a fight with Harden? lol Maybe I'm reading that tweet wrong. Still makes me laugh that Harden has these dopes so furious.

Blurr#7, HoustonTexas and D-rock like this.
  6. Mr Chuck Norris

Termite started hating harden when he got Mchale fired and when I got on the show and asked why hasn’t mchale gotten an interview since he was fired and he cut me off the line. **** Justin and Eddie

D-rock likes this.
  7. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I've never gotten the sense otherwise, just that he's a bit stubborn and nonsensical, but wtvr I dont know him.

8. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Lol I’m starting to hate this guy and I’ve never listened to a suns broadcast

Deuce, BHannes2BHonest and D-rock like this.
  9. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

He was talking about how in the 80s the game was so much more physical and tougher to which I say who the hell cares it's not the 80s anymore. I hate all the "back in the day" statements.

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

If you've never listened to him, this is basically his MO on radio. He talks about how everything was different and better back in his day. He still hangs onto FG% when comparing eras where they didn't shoot (m)any 3's to the modern-day NBA. Trying to get him to understand things like why that's so stupid is damn-near impossible. He loves the mid-range game and is usually saying analytics is ruining the game. His fallback is always "the eye test". In other words, he's pretty much the "anti-Morey", so the Rockets and Harden are usually the targets of his ire. He's a bit of a dinosaur walking through the modern NBA landscape.

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

All of this

Blurr#7 likes this.
  12. topfive

topfive CF OG

I replied to this bozo telling him to also post the play where Booker got in Harden's landing space on a 3-point attempt, which could have more easily caused an injury. The coward didn't reply but just blocked me.

RudyTBag, Reeko and dc rock like this.
  13. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

Also most of them couldn't fight for **** if you watch the fights that did happen. Harden does some boxing training and is bigger than most in that era so would probably kick their asses.

Reeko, eliefor3 and Blurr#7 like this.
  14. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Oh no, Mario.....

D-rock and lilbird20 like this.
  16. xaos

xaos Member

That's like finding out your gf is a John Stockton fan

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Isn't Mario trying to be a head coach in the league?? If so, then he's an even bigger moron than Eddie. All Eddie does is call games for a shitty Suns team that isn't going to be relevant anytime in the near future. He can have whatever garbage opinion he wants, and he and Termine can have a stupid ass anti-Harden circle jerk on their show everyday. NBA casuals love that ****, and it gets them listeners. Mario, OTOH, is trying to convince a GM/Owner to take a chance on him, and THIS is his view on the current state of basketball?? Yeah, good luck getting ANYBODY under the age of 45 to listen to you in a locker room if you think current players are playing the game the wrong way.

18. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Lol it’s always like that, the game evolves and those who are too stubborn to adapt get left behind. The ignorant part of their post is that Dream and Dirk are part of what started this new wave. Two big men who played like guards.

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

That chump Eddie Johnson is picking fights and arguing with random people on twitter lol.

He needs a hug this Holiday.

20. WestendMassive