1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Greek God of Stats] Failure to Launch

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pizza_Da_Hut, Dec 6, 2019.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

This is crap... we've had Capela and House in and out of the lineup. 3GOD was never healthy and is out. Morey Magic will happen after the 15th. Russ hasn't figured out his role/style yet. AD still healthy and that won't last. LBJ is old and his roids will run out. Kawhi is already wounded and limping to the finish line. etc...

Way too early to reach any June conclusions. I will say this, right now we're right there with the rest of the West and I'm very happy with that because of everything we've been dealing with. Things are looking up as far as I'm concerned.

2. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Should've spent your time doing something more constructive. Go Rockets!

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

EG said that knee issue had been bothering him since last season. Imagine if he comes back confidently hooping like he's capable of. Between him, PJ, and House (and sometimes McLemore), that's some very good 3pt shooting. We just need to limit the 3-pointers taken by guys like Russ, Clark, Rivers (unless he's hot), etc. Not to mention Eric's a decent, active defender.

ElPigto likes this.
  4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This team is far better than last year, and has way more areas in which it can improve too. (More talented by far)

Once we get Gordon and House up and running...

#24 RudyTBag, Dec 6, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    mockster and D-rock like this.
  5. ipaman

" It has finally been long enough to shake off the “it’s too early to comment” crowd, and we can finally make some valid statement about this team long-term. To all appearances, things are not looking particularly spectacular for a team that entered the season with championship expectations."

Right away, reading that, I know it's a waste of time. It's very early especially considering our very in-flux lineup the first 20 games.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think Russ will shoot close to 30 to 32 percent from deep when it is all said and done.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

House, EG, and Capela have all missed games...we have yet to see this team at full health with our guys all playing well or at least at average career levels

Harden started off shooting horribly, and so did EG...matter of fact, most of the team was shooting like utter sh*t to start the year...Russ has yet to hit his stride

there are reasons why we don’t look absolutely amazing after 20 games

ipaman likes this.
  8. ipaman

some many obvious reasons which is why this article :rolleyes:

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

So my quick math shows for Westbrook to end this season at 32% from deep maintaining his average attempts so far, he would have to shoot around 35% the rest of the way.

0% chance that happens.

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I’m no doctor but I do work for a reputable hospital.
    I’d say 6 months healing time.

Matt78777 likes this.
  11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Pack it in, Folks. Season is over...21 games in. Let's look to the draft and Free Agency.