1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Mar 10, 2012.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I suppose you can curry favor from more than one demographic at a time, but if I was going to astroturf something, I wouldn't pick the black community with 13% of the population, stagnant growth rate, and an allegiance constantly renewed by Republican efforts anyway. I'd focus on hispanics who are more numerous, growing faster, and are more susceptible to Republican messaging (if they could take their collective head out of their collective ass and court them). Instead, I think the media likes covering BLM because it is authentic and it touches a nerve in our society. It has an emotional charge even our immigration problem can't match. Even people who hate BLM validate the coverage by having such strong opinions about it. And, indeed, it might drive as much Republican turnout as it does Democratic.

2. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">George Zimmerman claims man punched him for 'bragging' about Trayvon Martin <a href="https://t.co/eq0SBSzKV0">https://t.co/eq0SBSzKV0</a></p>&mdash; TIME.com (@TIME) <a href="https://twitter.com/TIME/status/761337830614401024">August 4, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I hear you can get shot walking up to people and punching them, this guy was pretty lucky.

4. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet
    Supporting Member

Sensationalistic headline by TIME. Someone asked him about the Trayvon Martin incident, to which he responded that he shot Trayvon in self-defense, and a nearby group accused him of bragging, assaulted him, and slapped away his friend's phone for trying to record their assault.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

people can be shot for less

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, but people can be legally justifiably shot for walking up to you and punching you in the face so not only are you shot, but everyone who whines about it will be let down as the legal system works the way it is supposed to.

7. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Read carefully. Another strong username : post content ratio on your part. Inbred billies gonna inbred billy.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ge-zimmerman-punched-face-20160804-story.html

8. Buck Turgidson

9. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Wow! Now that was a really good insult to black people. Did you come up with it by yourself or did you have to ask David Duke for help?

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I do find it a bit funny that you are so simple minded as to think that was an insult to black people. There was nothing racial about what I said at all, the fact that you seem to think there was says a lot about you and maybe some things you struggle with.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">George Zimmerman -- I'm Pressing Charges ... Puncher Called Me 'N***** Lover' (911 AUDIO) <a href="https://t.co/PFcRGsvlaB">https://t.co/PFcRGsvlaB</a></p>&mdash; TMZ (@TMZ) <a href="https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/761602434514903040">August 5, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Florida man indeed.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

RayRay10, CometsWin and Deckard like this.
  14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Trayvon Martin ruined George Zimmerman’s life.

15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Was hoping it was a bump that this coward was dead. Oh well.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I saw that today.

Here is his case.

Specifically, the complaint alleges that in March 2012, the Sanford Police Department thoroughly investigated the shooting of Trayvon Martin and closed the case as self-defense. A week later, Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump produced a recorded audio tape of “Diamond Eugene” whom he said was Trayvon’s 16-year-old girlfriend who was on the phone with Trayvon just before the altercation. However, two weeks later, 18-year-old Rachel Jeantel, the alleged imposter, appeared before prosecutors claiming to be “Diamond Eugene” and provided false statements to incriminate Zimmerman based on coaching from others.

These allegations are the result of newly discovered evidence just published in a book and film by Hollywood film director Joel Gilbert, called The Trayvon Hoax: Unmasking the Witness Fraud that Divided America. Based on Trayvon’s cell phone records, they allegedly show that Rachel Jeantel was not Trayvon’s girlfriend, was not on the phone with Trayvon before the altercation, and that she lied repeatedly to cause Zimmerman’s arrest and to try to send him to prison for life. The research also allegedly reveals that Trayvon’s real girlfriend and legitimate phone witness was in fact Miami resident Brittany Diamond Eugene, who was switched out for Jeantel when Eugene refused to bear false witness against Zimmerman.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The world seems intent on going to Hell in a hand basket, and absurdity has reached new heights.

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

When I saw the phrase "film by Hollywood film director" I knew it was a bunch of stupidity.

Joel Gilbert is an American filmmaker, musician, and conspiracy theorist. Gilbert's political films advance right-wing conspiracy theories. He has been a frequent guest on InfoWars.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joel_Gilbert

mdrowe00, RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

That's so awesome...the writeups on his 4 previous "documentaries" (Dylan/McCartney/Elvis/Obama) are just fantastic.

mdrowe00, RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Nice info

Did not know.

Ottomaton likes this.