1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I love the Rockets but how can you support the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AstrosRockets1818, Dec 3, 2019.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I don't (I only watch Rox games) and I'm not alone. In general no one gives a **** about the NBA unless it's their own team. To contrast that, I have watched dozens of soccer games not involving my team. I've watched several NFL games not involving my team. I think I've watched 2 non-Rox NBA games this season by accident.

MD_in_Training likes this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

They showed the "missed" dunk about 5 times during the 2 OT periods.

bro2044 likes this.
  3. icewill36

icewill36 Member

It’s not why we lost, but it seemed everything just really fell apart after this.

4. AstrosRockets1818

5. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Technically, it's exactly why we lost. All else is what ifs and hypothetical, but theoretically had the dunk counted, all else would've still occurred to finish the game 117-115. No additional time was used, nothing extra happened. Sure, we shouldn't have blown a big lead, but in the end we still outplayed them 3/4 of the game, but we outlasted them. The problem is that we were not given a legit basket, and would've won otherwise.

ipaman likes this.
  6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

What’s worse this missed basket call? Or KD taking 3 steps out of bounds to save a ball?

stuff like this only happens to Houston.

Blurr#7 and fckbandwagons like this.
  7. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

quit NBA, if NBA officials no action for that. Should give back the win to Houston

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Who predicts a 14% three point shooter would become JJ Reddick for 12 minutes?
    I don't think he scored after the 4th but it was enough

People make so many excuses for bad Refereeing

Rocket River

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

no it wasn't. the rockets blew a 22 pt lead. the people that go back after the fact and make it seem like this 2 pts cost them the game is nothing more of than an excuse. especially for sore losers, that want to act like there isn't actual issues of this team

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

rockets won the last night... its not their fault you cant count and have the eyesight worse than the nba refs
    [​IMG]

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The Rockets blowing a 22 point lead is irrelevant to the topic.

12. MD_in_Training

Lol at the NFL wanting Adam Silver to run it two years ago. Silver has been riding the wave up from Stern’s work for the past five years now, but his subpar leadership is starting to show its colors.

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You're saying if the basket had counted everything after would have happened exactly the same? No, it would not have.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

not exactly. would this of come up if the rockets had taken care of that big lead and won? probably not. certainly not to this magnitude as if people are using it as an excuse to why they lost. it would have just been added to the list of missed calls

15. larsv8

Correct, in that instance the error would not have materially affected the game.

But that was not the case, the error did materially affect the game. Any effectiveness of play on either side is irrelevant to this error.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

it did not. something that happened well before blowing a commanding lead was not the reason they lost.

17. larsv8

Of course it was.

Spurs needed a miracle to tie the game to send it to overtime.

With the extra two points, its a win, no overtime.

18. bro2044

bro2044 Member

"This" doesn't really happen.... this isn't a missed call, or a complaint of potential missed points. Who said there weren't issues in the team? It's not like one or the other is true, all can absolutely be true.

Should the Rockets have blown a 22pt lead? No.

Should the score have been 117-115 at the end of regulation? Yes.

Rockets have tons to work on, but they also have a legitimate protest (which is extremely rare).

19. bro2044

bro2044 Member

You also can't say the other way, sorry.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

no it wasn't. from that 2 pts and everything that happened and the rockets playing that poorly was not the reason they lost. it's merely a gimmick excuse for everything else that's wrong with the rockets the problems they have