1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockets to potentially protest game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Dec 4, 2019.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Their case became great the moment Capers opened his mouth. We followed the guidelines, and then he lied and said Mike didnt call for a review when he did.

Patience, Hakeemtheking and RayRay10 like this.
  2. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

That very much goes in the rockets favor. 2 points should be awarded then by the NBA, cannot take away baskets if ball goes in the hole

3. HP3

HP3 Member

You can't challenge out of bounds calls, I think, you can only challenge fouls and stuff like that.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

No, you can:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba...enge-rule-explained/79fsyebii7cp1905vldw4ccl4

Really, the refs should have looked at it at the next dead ball and just corrected the scoreboard. They fix scoring errors all the time, so not sure why that couldn’t happen here.

I swear, basic common sense escapes these officials sometimes.

5. HP3

HP3 Member

The biggest problem for them is that he LIED in his statement. He said the Rockets asked if it was a reviewable matter until after 30 seconds when it wasnt true, Mike was signaling for a review immediately.

6. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The Spurs trailed the entire second half until they tied the game on a Walker three with 11.5 seconds remaining. If the Rockets have those extra two points, it’s a 117-109 game with 1:07 remaining, and the Rockets have possession of the ball. At that point, the Spurs would have to start fouling. Unless the Rockets (Harden) miss a ton of free throws, the Spurs weren’t going to win the game.

This is a rare case where either the Rockets should be awarded the win, or the teams replay the final 7:50. Under no circumstances should the NBA get to simply say “Our bad, but the Spurs keep the win.”

#86 DVauthrin, Dec 4, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Maybe it’s because Mike was trying to challenge the basket not counting, which he wasn’t permitted to do (that wasn’t where the call was made). By the time he go to questioning the out of bounds call, it was too late. The whole thing is ridiculous.

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

No they wouldn't have. The reason Harden ran back to get the ball (he didn't do this immediately) is because the refs didn't signal anything.

Patience likes this.
  9. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Some thoughts

1. James Capers told reporters after the game that the play was ruled offensive interference aka offensive goaltending. This is false because if this was the call, the ball would have been dead.

2. Instead, the ball was live because no calls were made. Harden chased after the ball and Harden hit the ball out of bound. This is what caused the dead ball event.

3. James Capers also said D'Antoni didn't call for a review within 30 seconds. But we have some video of D'Antoni yelling at the refs. D'antoni also claimed to have asked for a review. So his second part of the statement is false as well.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

3. The thing is MDA is yelling in lots of games and I have seen his body language.....and Rox players like Ego complaining in most situations.
    I can see people getting vexed about this and not giving them full attention.

When it really matters, it backfires.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Yes 3 times

Patience and RayRay10 like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I had time to think, but it's still questionable.

Also the game next up is an Away game in Toronto, so I am not sure that this game would have an impact on the next one.

13. HP3

HP3 Member

I dont think Mike ever cared about the out bounds called, this was all about the missed basket. If we trying to challenge the basket not counting and not the out bounds call then Capers is the one agreeing with Mike...idk. I dont know how you can challenge the out of bounds and not think that basket not counting was not part of it, thats just stupid of the refs....it doesnt make sense.

14. TheresTheDagger

I missed the game tonight although I was vaguely following through twitter and the NBA app. In years past it was unheard of for me to miss a game.

I used to be one of those fans that bought League Pass every year, watched every Rockets game without fail, and lived and died with the team performance. From the mid 80's on I have been a HUGE NBA fan. But over the years and ESPECIALLY since the 2018 WCF debacle, the game has been.....(I can't think of a better term) ...ruined.... for me. Since then, I've refused to purchase anything NBA related. No League Pass. No gear. No jerseys. Nothing. My integrity refuses to allow me to support anything that has problems with officiating like the NBA does.

Whatever it is that is driving the officiating controversy (poor training, fixed games, lack of transparency, whatever) I just can't support this flawed product. Sure, mistakes are made and I still love basketball. I watch a ton of local high school and collegiate games. But something stinks in the NBA.

Regardless, as a Rockets fan the NBA has lost almost entirely its "fun" component. From "wokeness" to coaches that get polltical, to the absolute HATE Harden and the Rockets get daily and of course the shady officiating I just don't get much out of it anymore. I get enough grief in my life already without introducing more heartburn needlessly ya know?

Hope for everyone's sake here the Rockets get some justice. I SINCERELY doubt it but we'll see.

15. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

And this is the **** that caused me to say “**** you NBA”. I don’t watch the games anymore. This is my first season since 1994 where I have not watched. I still love the Rockets, but the nba is so rigged I can’t do it anymore. **** the nba and **** Adam silver. **** the refs too.

16. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

Lol bro you literally posted exactly what I was thinking just now. You beat me to it by 5 minutes. Lol

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  17. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

I disagree. Feigen is absolutely right that the referees are problematic. Do you think that was the correct call?! Wtf bro

18. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How can you take away a slam dunk? You can’t. +2 for the Rockets. Gimme that W and the Spurs can go f*ck themselves!

19. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I am for a protest and I dont care what anyone thinks about it. they all hate us anyway and not protesting isnt going to change it.

Im sure people will say, "but the rockets didnt deserve to win!!" ..... why not ? because they had a big lead ? the spurs played well in one quarter so they deserve to win over us ? NOPE

if you score more than your opponent when the final buzzer sounds, then you deserve to win. that is what the rockets did. I would settle for a replay of the 4th also.

leeallen, bro2044, slothy420 and 7 others like this.
  20. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Just what we always wanted another we're sorry from the league, but its still counts as a loss.