1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What if we have to depend on House, Hartenstein, & Clark?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PWR, Jul 3, 2019.

1. fattz

fattz Member

Think we will be able to stay competitive and enjoy watching them grow. House showed signs of being rotation worthy last season already, as did Clark early on. They all are ready but need constant playing time to grow. Not every game will be a thing of beauty but the next game should be better than the last. Playing all three at one time would be a counterproductive, but staggered in to the regular line-up should by a positive both short and long term.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  2. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

They’re all clearly good players. Up to D’Antoni to do the right thing and trust them.

fattz and juanm34 like this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

House is great, Hartenstein's productivity on the court this year has been surprising. He was looking like a certified bum in summer league and I was ready for him to be cut... he's shown some flashes this year.

Clark, he seems like he's on the verge of becoming a solid role player, or a career G-League star at all times. He just doesn't consistently hit his 3's, yet he looks very confident when he shoots and often barely misses... when I've seen players do exactly that, they usually break out into solid shooters after becoming comfortable at NBA speed after a season or so. Clark isn't really showing that improvement, but I still feel like he could make the jump.

StrawberryJamm likes this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i dont care about the other guys, we have the best player, hes proven he can win it all all alone, just give me a fair officiating and i am riding with harden and 6 g leaguers

D-rock and juanm34 like this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol i thought he was pretty good last year aside from clumsiness, does this make me a bad or great evaluator of talent

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

D-rock likes this.
  7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Would be nice to not have penny pinched and then we wouldn’t have to rely on them

8. BigBum

BigBum Member

Ariza had trade value, he walked for nothing.

These guys are not playable vs Clippers come playoffs time. They are afraid of tough defense.

you prepare to beat Top 3 teams, not good teams,

#28 BigBum, Dec 1, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  9. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Are you suggesting the rockets should have traded their starting 3 and best defender against the best player of that years number 1 team? Oh in a year where they were an injury away from winning the championship

D-rock likes this.
  10. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

House is a great fit and a solid starter level role player for this team. Could he be replaced in the starting line up? Sure, but it would have to be with star level talent. There isn’t much of that out there at the 3 and even less that are available in any kind of way.

Clark and Hartenstien should get consistent minutes this season. Hopefully they continue to play well and earn more time. I hate how much PJ has been playing and they can help keep his minutes down some. Come playoffs the Rockets will likely go to an 8 man rotation so they need to try to keep they’re starters fresh.

Rocket River, fattz and snowconeman22 like this.
  11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

House is an NBA rotation player. That's done.

Clark - we need to let him make mistakes and grow. His size and defense is valuable, can help Tucker improve by limiting his minutes. I'm sur that if we give him a consistent 10-15 minutes per game, he will be ready by end of season.

fattz likes this.
  12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I know this thread was started a while back , before these guys started playing but I would say the same thing now as I would then.

Harden and 4 dudes from the YMCA make the playoffs …. Not worried about it.

D-rock and snowconeman22 like this.
  13. JackLordsHair66

And get bounced in the first round more often than not...

14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol we don't get bounced in the first round very often

D-rock likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yep. Fake narrative.

16. JackLordsHair66

We also haven’t had just Harden and 4 ymca players ever so was having a bit of fun commenting on the original statement.

17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

You guys are thinking about Tracy McGrady and scrub veterans who cant play

Charlie Ward, Clarence Weatherspoon, Jon Barry can play but was too old, Bob Sura can play but was a bench player, David Wesley was undersized SG, Jimmy Jackson was average shooting 3s, plays mediocre.

Carroll Dawson is a terrible overall GM.
    Giving Kelvin Cato, Maurice Taylor, Moochie Norris expensive contracts.

Jeff Van Gundy was a real problem, wanting old hacks to play here, getting them retirement checks.

Now No doubt the youth and talent is better in 2019.

Than those Old Dudes that should be retired at that time.

#37 rockets1995, Dec 2, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Hartenstein , House and Clark are better than 4 dudes from the YMCA …. I think they are all NBA rotation players.

Having to rely upon them for minutes now just gets them ready for when the lights come on … and lessens the load on Tucker / Capela / EG so they can be fresh come playoff time.

19. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

I’m not always a fan of small ball but Clark has played well in Tuckers spot in the small ball lineup. Would like to see a little more of that, not always but occasionally when the matchup or game flow calls for it