1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets should trade for Markieff Morris

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Highlyrated, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

When i look at this team theres one weakness, there no real power foward depth behind Pj. Gary is 6-6 and Thabo is 6-7 ,But they arent your pro typical 4.They arent great rebounders and struggle in the paint defensly. They arent playmakers nor have an offensive repetiore that opposing teams respect. Markieff would be a great pickup, he can pick and roll, he can shoot,he can create,he can drive ,he got a postup game,he can pass, he can play defense at a high level(this year he has),but he also brings toughness,he plays with a chip on his shoulder and he doesnt backdown from no one he sorta like Pj but more polished offensively.This would also give the team more flexibility where u could slide pj to the 3 if necessary .
    The trio of Russ,Pj, and markieef would be fun to watch since they all play on edge.The real question is what would detroit want in return . If Pj was to go down we would be screwed and our chances for the chip would be done. Markieef is on a 1 yr 6 mill deal and the pistons season looks lost,.Pj has no deal after this year so kieff could end up being pj long term replacement but who knows.So far Kieef stats are pretty impressive.

40% from 3
    53% from 2
    With a dfg of 44.3 ,thats a B+ defensive grade,like a 88-89 def grade.

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

F*** no. Was always mediocre, and is now washed. Soft player, mediocre defense, below average offense. So insanely overhyped just because he barks loud.

Give me Marcus any day.

RudyTBag, D-rock, Stephen_A and 2 others like this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"trade" usually implies giving up something in exchange

alethios, Tfor3, Richie_Rich and 8 others like this.
  4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

You make him sound like an elite player lol. Create? He doesn’t really create and not a great rebounder but he can shoot the rock a little bit and post up. He would be an asset no doubt and the rox as i recall wanted him couple years back. Not sure how it could happen.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

I rather give those minutes to Clark at this point, Markieff has been mediocre if not bad for at least two years now, i don't know if he's washed but he's definitely not as good as he was (and personally i never liked him much anyway).

fattz, robbie380, D-rock and 4 others like this.
  6. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I was really curious if Anthony Bennett was healthy can he contribute like Ben Mclemore.

I really hope Anthony Bennett comes back healthy and the Rockets resign him. His injury was unfortunate needing surgery and didnt showcase himself.
    He can shoot 3s, dribble, has post moves, block shots, he can be a Draymond Green type.

dfbreyes, carib, napalm06 and 5 others like this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

PJ Tucker plays 30 mins a night at minimum based on your post Morris is producing great stats and trying to get paid next season why do you think he would be happy getting 10 mins a night behind Tucker?

The one who play backups to our starters need to be guys like Mclemore and Danuel House, young guns who were fringe players in the NBA and dont mind little PT. A dude like Bennett is actually the perfect 3rd backup behind Clark hope he comes back when he is healthy again.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

This too, rather give a chance to a guy with upside like Bennett.

rockets1995 likes this.
  9. Fantasma Negro

You spelled Marcus wrong

Vivi, Little Bit, Blackjack84 and 3 others like this.
  10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He gives some spacing, and post ups, but his defense is non-existent.

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

No. We need to give Clark some minutes to grow.

fattz and RudyTBag like this.
  12. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

You should post random trades in the random trade thread.

13. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

did it get deleted?

14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Anthony Bennett is out for 4 months, I hope Daryl keeps a close eye on Anthony Bennett rehab. In the G League he looked like a completely different player.

When Anthony Bennett was drafted number 1 and called him a bust. His health was his main problem.

His huge dropoff was his health, which led to bad performances. I really hope Anthony decides to resign with the Rockets he can Flourish as a Stretch Center. Mike Dantoni needs this type of talent on the bench. Or Late in the 4th when he can pass in the post, shoot 3s and Make Free Throws.

Asthma, Sleep Apnea, Weight Gain, Poor Eye Sight

All his Health Problems are fixed, his knee unfortunately needed surgery.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/anthony-bennett-weight-surgery-2014-11

#14 rockets1995, Dec 2, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  15. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

AGREED!

16. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

We need re-sign Royce "BeWell" White, give him a lifetime Bus pass and he's good to go.

17. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Theres two morris ,they are twins. Marcus is getting 16 mill ,Markieff is getting 6 mill per year ,Lol

18. macan

macan Member

*** this dude, he chose OKC over us last season.
    he can go *** himself in the toilet

fattz likes this.
  19. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

If we play the clippers, clark and mclamore cant guard harold,

20. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Ok I will next time