1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ukraine scandal Megathread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When you are nearly giddy with Trump's destruction of the state department, you are celebrating our decline as a nation.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

like I said, I'd like to see those posts of mine where I am "nearly giddy with Trump's destruction of the state department"

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Poor sweet Lou is still in the “anger” state of the five stages of grief from losing the 2016 election.

mick fry and Os Trigonum like this.
  4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Why don't you talk about the State Department and what's going on now instead of 2016? Sounds like you have nothing to say as usual. No surprise.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

How do you feel about Trump's attacks on the State department?

6. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I don't take them personally

7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

While you are still in the “anger” state of the five stages of grief from the 2016 election.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

So basically you are saying you don't care about the State Department being destroyed/crippled?

9. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

so basically you're still just trying to put words in my mouth with loaded questions?

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Keep in mind these are same people that Ted Cruz was trying to gain support from when he made comments like “Carpet Bomb them all.”

The only reason they turned to nationalism is because Trump turned them like he does any one else who buys his snake oil. Prior to that these are the same people who had no patience for diplomacy and were obsessed with glorifying the military and war.

Should be a shock to no one that they are naturally anti state department.

DaDakota likes this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Better to ignore them, they are anti-intellectuals.

DD

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

We can only ignore them online though. Especially for us here in Texas we are stuck with each other. I just spent a week with folks like Texx. Somehow we have to be able to coexist in the same planet much less same country.

And the objective patience and intellectual honestly will NOT be coming from their end I’ll contest to that. So unfortunately it is still our burden to understand who they are and learn to deal with their anti democratic worldview.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You are free to answer the question instead of playing games.

If you dodge the draft it's a pretty strong indication that you don't want to join the military for fear of repercussions. If you dodge the question, it shows you don't want to answer for fear it will show your hand. The way you defend Trump and tussle with those who criticize his actions - it's a clear indication what side you stand.

Oh, and I know you claim you might just be playing devil's advocate, but you still own the position you are repping.

15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

at this point I have no idea what you're saying or what you're asking. You asked me a question about my feelings, and I answered it. But to humor you, let's go back to your question:
    if the question is not really about "how do you feel" and actually about "Trump's attacks," let me know which attack or attacks you are referring to.

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you support some of Trump's attacks but not support other of his attacks on the state department?

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

So you are not aware at Trump's attacks on the State Dept? They consist of many things - from his desire to shrink it (which he has done) to cutting the budget, to throwing career diplomats who have served under many administrations both Republicans and Democrats under the bus. To publicly humiliating/shaming diplomats, and to going around diplomats or simply not informing them of what they are doing. He has also put them in compromised situations.

I am sure there's more I am missing. But let's get started with these.

18. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

isn't that his prerogative as President?

is this also not his prerogative as President?

you'll have to be more specific than this. If the "career diplomats" deserved being thrown under the bus, then that would be a good thing, no? If they did not deserve being thrown under then bus, then that would be a bad thing, no?
    again, you'll need to be more specific. I am not aware of the particulars of any "humiliating/shaming"

again, this sounds like his prerogative as President. I also don't understand what "not informing them of what they are doing" might mean
    such as? and what constitutes a "compromised situation"?

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Ok, so you feel this is his right? As president he can destroy any part of our country and that's his right. Got it, so if he completely dismantled our military to the point anyone could invade - that's his prerogative as President????

20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

now you're just talking nonsense