1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Heat @ Rockets 11/27/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 26, 2019.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Fair enough

Although , the game 1 rig job was only the first half ... and the officials realized they missed those calls at halftime

Our response was then for James and Chris to try and flop and draw fouls (GS got more disciplined) and it didn’t work.

We had NO composure . It was the worst response possible to the screw job.

Also not ONCE during us getting screwed has MDA decided enough was enough , and put in nene to give a hard foul to curry or klay. Not once has he sent a message that we weren’t gonna take it lying down , and that we will show you what a real foul looks like .

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

MDA so disrespectful to Gary. Thabo has no jumper and he is always out there.

Plowman, JayGoogle, ashleyem and 4 others like this.
  3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It’s really not even close. Thabo is nearly invisible out there. Clark is at least making things happen.

mike2k132, D-rock, vlaurelio and 2 others like this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I made this gif a year ago.. i always knew gary is good.. its a shame i waited a year to post it again
    [​IMG]

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

You can't make less than the min that's why its called the min lol.

Even if the Rox are penny pinching to high heavens they wont cost cut on a minimum signing because it is the minimum. Not everyone on your roster is expected to play on the court a lot of guys wont be used unless there are injuries. Thabo serves a purpose as that type of guy given his veteran experience and the fact that he is ok sitting on the bench.

Maybe you feel he is useless but MDA doesnt thats why he gets mins and WB and Harden don't as well considering they are buddies. And Morey brought him here so obv he thinks Thabo served a purpose as well. I agree with you his mins need to get cut down but to say he is useless well all Rox important people certainly dont think so.

6. JackLordsHair66

Liked what i saw out him as well, played well defensively except for one or two gimme's so Mike will never play him again lol

7. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

The question is why can't Hartenstein play the 5 and Gary the 4? Does MDA really believe that there has to be at least 3 midgets on the court?

cheke64, deb4rockets and hakeem94 like this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Especially when Harteinstein has the ability to shoot threes. Just let him shoot the damn threes. It can't be any worse than Thabo or Bmac shooting them.

I want Hartenstein to just launch one. Just do it.

pr0wler, vlaurelio, D-rock and 6 others like this.
  9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

This is the problem with having veterans sometimes.

Although Ben Mac is still the biggest mystery as to why he is still playing when he can't hit open shots. Ben is no veteran.

10. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Needed this win badly against a pretty hot Miami team. Very good defense for the 1st 3 quarters.

Clark made a huge difference. Dude was everywhere and his length was felt on D. Need more minutes. MDA will play him at the C spot.

11. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Good thing Rockets only have 1 game in 5 days now. Harden needs to rest his left knee.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Umm you sure can make less than min. It’s called partial guarantees. Thabo serves no purpose. Dude sucks no matter what gimmick reason you try to use

13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

This is why tonight is bittersweet ;)

I expect the same thing to happen as last year.

Let me give a refresher .

Last year , hartenstein got some early season mins as a backup C and looked ok .

The. Gary Clark got some playing time and looked really good .

Hartenstein got dropped from the rotation and Clark was our new backup 5. Then Clark went through a cold stretch and house broke out and both Clark and Hartenstein were sent down never to be seen again.

We’ve now seen Clark supplant hart in the rotation once again. If given the opportunity, MDA will always play small. As playing time dwindles , Hartenstein will get rusty , he will get sent down.

Then Gordon will come back and Clark will be out of the rotation. Eventually he too will get rusty and will get sent down to get some pt.

Or you know , MDA could try to play Hartenstein (or Tyson) at the 5 and Clark as a forward . But for some reason he doesn’t think that will work. Two offensive zeros ? It’s possible . Then again maybe just let them shoot , he seems to have no problem playing Maclemore and thabo together so....

14. Nook

Nook Member

Clark has gotten plenty of practice time to show something. Contrary to popular belief, the Rockets do practice and run scrimmage type scenarios. Clark has had a lot of chances in practice for the last year plus and in the G League. I hope he proves everyone wrong and excels but he has had lots of opportunities.

15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

That may be true, I am not an insider.

That being said , whatever maclemore and thabo are doing in practice to earn minutes .... it hasn’t translated.

Thabo I can chalk up to just missing shots , or playing a new position

Maclemore is having defensive breakdown after defensive breakdown

BeBreezy and jboslett like this.
  16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was hoping he would launch one tonight. He needs to just do it when he gets the chance. Who knows when that will be again. Yes to Hartenstein and Clark to taking half of Thabo & McLemore's minutes. Let Rivers, McLemore, and Clemons all share minutes to replace James or Russ, and keep in 3 big men all the time.

17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would love to see the day he plays 3 big men and 2 guards. I keep hoping. We won tonight, so regardless, it's a good night.

BasketMAD likes this.
  18. Remlap

Remlap Member

Damned if you DO
    Damned if you DON'T

MDA doesn't give Clark enough minutes!
    MDA is playing Clark too much!
    Play him JUST RIGHT and we'll be happy! (I doubt it)

pr0wler and Os Trigonum like this.
  19. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

I wanted him like some others did but we are now humbled as to why no one else did...

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

The 4th qtr defensive woes is on mda not leaving any big to protect the rim vs bam and kelly