1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tucker Carlson: I'm rooting for Russia

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Nov 26, 2019.

1. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

There are two things you can do when someone does not act in good faith with you in a long term game. One you take the high road and continue to act with integrity with this person who is cheating you or two you also act in poor faith in return and also cheat. Those who always cheat are usually losers who don't do well long term in the game because their reputation precedes them but they do better than those who always turn the other cheek and never cheat. The ones who do best are the ones who don't cheat and are fair until they know they are dealing with a cheater. You can't be a sucker your whole life. It's bad for you.

2. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

I voted for him because I'm sick of lifelong politicians ruining our nation economically.

I'm much more worried about how a President is going to handle our economy and security than what kind of person he is. I'm never going to hang out with him.

Funny thing is, over the last 30 years the two best presidents with the economy BY FAR have been Trump and Clinton. Neither are good people. By all accounts Obama and both Bush's were good people (well some hate the other side so much they would argue that, but rational people wouldn't) but all three were bad with the economy.

On security Clinton didn't take Al-Quaida seriously enough and that got us in a bind that would dominate the landscape for a couple of decades. Bush had to deal with that mess and the results were at best a mixed bag. We got Sadaam under Bush but wouldn't get Bin Ladin until well into Obama's presidency. We have had less foreign conflict under Trump than any president in a long long time (and by conflict i'm talking about true military conflict, not the fact that Trump can't shut his mouth and it keeps everyone talking)

We are entering an era where it's likely that most presidents will face impeachment hearings, it's all political. Our founding fathers NEVER meant for politics to bring people riches. Anyone who thinks these guys ON EITHER SIDE care about us is nuts, they care about getting re-elected so they can continue to grow rich.

Social media, and the media in general, is as much to blame for the political climate of our nation right now as anyone/anything. We have had MANY presidents who were just as much of a jerk as Trump, just as much of a pervert as Clinton...but it was never thrown into the nations face. Hell we didn't even have nightly national newscasts until Reagan, that's only the last 6 Presidents. And we didn't really have the internet until the end of Clinton, so that's 4 Presidents.

A majority of our nation is so dug in on their side that they can't even see the good things when the other side does them. Many in our nation would rather the other side do bad, even if it hurts our nation and themselves, than have the other side have success.

As someone who has studied US History easily more than 95% of others on this forum, i'll say the election of 2020 will be fascinating to see play out. Never have we gone into an election with a higher percentage of voters having already made up their mind. Most of the nation either hates Trump and will vote for literally anyone who runs against him, or loves Trump and will vote for him regardless of how much he runs his mouth (and his social media). The small percentage who do have an open mind, and really only that small percentage in about 10 states, will determine who wins. If Trump could shut his mouth and put his social media down, he would win pretty easily simply on the economy and national security (which historically have been the two major issues to determine a presidential election). But he can't, so he will continue to piss off millions of people. A majority of the democrats truly in the running have economic views that do not sit well with the moderates who haven't made up their minds yet. So you have all of the people who will truly determine the election hating one candidate because of his attitude and hating what the other sides believes in economically. Most likely this will keep a lot of them from coming out to vote, which helps the Democrats in all of the states that have been traditionally blue but Trump carried in 16. In the true swing states I don't think it favors either candidate, but Trump will lose some of the states he won in 16 if the moderates don't come out to support him. Gonna be extremely interesting to watch it play out.

Ok that's all, yall can go back to wishing death on people because of their political views now. Both sides are so hateful

jcf and Os Trigonum like this.
  3. The Beard

I agree with most of this until the last two sentences, not really sure what those have to do with anything

my post was about wishing death on someone because of their political views. The person you are wishing death on might be a terrible person, but when you wish cancer on him, you are no better, if not worse

4. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

I don't have hokey beliefs like that.

If someone is enacting policies and using rhetoric that has hate crimes on the rise while seperating toddlers from their parents when they're seeking help, while at the same time filling your cabinet with people who have ties to white nationalism and pretending it isn't a big deal then quite frankly if you vote for that you are tacitly responsible for much worse than the guy wishing cancer on the media personality who is pushing that very agenda.

5. The Beard

Ok man, I have way too little hate to have gotten into this thread so i'll go back to wondering how many draft picks the Astros are gonna lose over the whole electronic sign stealing crap

Have a Happy Thanksgiving

jcf and Os Trigonum like this.
  6. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

I don't have hate either

When I see it though, I call it out

Sorry it makes you uncomfortable enough to bury your head in the sand so you can sleep well

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thank you for admitting to voting for Trump. I respect you providing a rationale for that vote as well.

So let me just ask you some questions and hope you don't mind continuing to provide a rationale. Is having a President who isn't a normal politician, runs things differently, and tries to do things his own way worth having that same president have white nationalists like Miller in a position of influence and directing policy? Is it worth having a President that separates families and locks children up as a matter of routine, planned to do so and carried it out? At the same time, he has turned down funding for judges and people to clear up the backlog refugee seekers waiting for their hearings? Is it worth having someone who refuses to acknowledge the attempt by our adversary Russia at damaging our democracy and then spreads that adversaries false propaganda? Does having Trump buck the system make it worthwhile to have a President take the side of white racist white nationalists?

You will live with and accept all of those things (and more) as long as you get a guy to buck the system?

I know it sounds like an attack, but really I would just like to hear your thoughts on that.

Deckard likes this.
  8. The Beard

Lol, me being uncomfortable and need help to sleep. That's hilarious

Most people in this thread probably do struggle to sleep though, cause their minds are spinning with hatred towards the other side

Not me though bro, i'm good

jcf likes this.
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Are you SURE you don't want to wish cancer on Mr.Nacho for that BLATANT disrespek!!?

Your D&D all wrong bro, can't pull up in the D&D without a little DD in ya.

10. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

There's a lot of people like you who are seemingly normal and I don't think they walk around wanting to put people in gas chambers or anything but I don't see how you rationally vote for him without realizing all the bad **** you are also voting for.

I don't think you want a dictator for instance but your president can't stop making comments about how he would like to run the US like one. Constantly admiring dictators. Yet you vote for him and would vote for him again I imagine.

I don't get how people like you rationally get there.

London'sBurning likes this.
  11. The Beard

Na, I wouldn't be in line with all of that. Racism has no place in our nation, not if we want it to be a great place to live.

What you don't seem to understand though, is that by voting for someone that you really don't know (and none of us really know any of these guys) doesn't mean that you support everything that makes them who they are. If you are a lifelong voter you have also voted for people who have done terrible things, and I wouldn't hold that against you, as I said you don't really know the ins and outs of who you are voting for. I guarantee you if you have voted for even half as many years as I have, you have voted for racists. You don't know who they are, but you have voted for them.

In fact what I want is all of that type of thing OUT of politics. We have had presidents on both sides of the political aisle separate children, but no president on either side has done anything to fix our immigration policies themselves, which in and of itself would stop a large majority of the illegal immigration issues that we currently have. You know why no one on EITHER SIDE has tried to fix the policies, because that would end the gravy train of money that comes in for both sides over a controversial issue. Neither side really wants the issue fixed or it would have been fixed years ago.

Politicians no longer work for you and me, they work for themselves. Trump works for himself. Obama worked for himself. Bush worked for himself. Republicans work for themselves. Democrats work for themselves. The more divided our nation becomes, the stronger each side will hate the other, and the stronger each sides ultra rich will keep the money flowing in. Both sides are stock full of people with little to no morals

So to answer your question, will I "live with and accept all of those things as longa s you get a guy to buck the system"? I don't just want a guy to buck the system, I want a president who will work for our nation and it's good. I would love a president who could get term limits in place for all levels of our government, but congress would have to pass that and they ain't giving up that gravy train, not in any of our lifetimes. I want a president who would look at the debt and realize it isn't sustainable, realize that we aren't too big and too strong to go bankrupt. I want a president who is more worried about doing what our nation needs and less about winning the next election. Unfortunately, we don't have any people like that running

12. The Beard

For the record, there isn't a single person running on either side that I want to vote for. Not one

13. The Beard

Yea I RARELY come in here, but the Garm is usually unreadable, the Astros forum is more about rules violations than baseball right now, so I stupidly came over here for the first time in about a year

I actually love discussing politics, and used to do so all the time. It's hard to have a political conversation with people anymore though. No one wants to truly debate anything having to do with policy, it's just hate the other side regardless of what they do

There probably aren't 5 people in this thread that could explain anything about the policies our government passes. But to be fair, there are a lot of people in congress who couldn't either so . . . . . .

BaselineFade and Os Trigonum like this.
  14. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

We actually do. But this false equivalent craps make it seem like we don't for you.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. The Beard

No, we actually don’t

jcf likes this.
  16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

So you're the ****ing idiot. Both sides platitudes and false equivalence garbage.

#96 CometsWin, Nov 27, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    London'sBurning likes this.
  17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Such a bad response to an honest post. Detail where you disagree with him, why you think voting for Trump is bad for the country, if your too lazy to do that then why reply?

TheresTheDagger and Os Trigonum like this.
  18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I understand that you don't know all the horrible things about a candidate before they get elected. I asked because now we do know those things about Trump. So anyone that would vote for him at this point has to be willing to accept all of those things about him in order to get whatever things they favor from his policies.

SWTsig likes this.
  19. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

To be fair, all of this was known about Trump before he was elected to anyone that had paid attention. It was well documented that he is a narcissistic, racist, mysogynistic, childish, bad business man. Most of these traits were then reinforced on the campaign trail.

The Beard and most conservatives talk about voting in an outsider but refuse to acknowledge all the rest of the baggage they have put in office. They are more concerned about justifying their vote than righting an egregious wrong.

Willfully stupid, obstinate, fundamentally racist, or xenophobic, or some combination of those things - that’s how Trump supporters come across in their rationalizations, in order to turn a blind eye to the evils occurring.

#99 B-ball freak, Nov 28, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I also like the part where this @The Beard fellow believes Trump is a good for long term positive economic health. That made me chuckle.