1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers schedule

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatboyPhuong, Nov 24, 2019.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

the lakers have had 2 back to back sets thus far. just like the rockets or any other team. so fake news

try doing some research before posting instead of trying to spread false information

#21 YOLO, Nov 26, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    TheRealist137, Reeko and wesbound like this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

A lot of nonsense was said about Lebron last year...

I will say the Lakers were extremely lucky that they end up getting that top 5 pick last year so that they were able to complete that Anthony Davis trade. Until that point they did not have enough to trade for him then boom...Pels get the #1 pick to ease the loss of Davis and Lakers get a huge asset to sweeten the deal.

3. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The Lakers have made the best out of their easy schedule.

[​IMG]

The Lakers don't technically have the easiest schedule, but relative to their talent, they arguably do, no?

Overall, the Lakers have the least amount of 3 in 4s this season with 5 (the Rockets have 8, most is Chicago with 12). They have the most soft back to backs with 7 (the Rockets have 3, WAS and CHI have none). Again, the NBA is correct in protecting the Lakers, their 35 year old superstar and fragile co-star, and to assist a team coming off a disappointing season and coming into a season with sky high expectations get off to a confident start.

https://www.nbastuffer.com/2019-2020-nba-schedule-rest-days-analysis/

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

considering a lot of people here were laughing at the lakers offseason, I wouldn't really say so. now that lebron and AD are showing what they can do all of a sudden it becomes a reality check. especially when they lost the opener to the clippers. the same people all worried about how "easy" their schedule is, are probably the same ones that were laughing at them. my how things have changed

Reeko likes this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The only hope for the Lakers demise is injury.

Lebron is older and AD is injury prone...other than that, yeah, anyone that watches the games should be able to see they are the best team in the NBA. You hate to see it, but right now, that's pretty clear.

6. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

We'll see. I can see a scenario where they disappoint even when healthy. All we need to see is LeBron continuing to brick free throws, Davis never reaching his New Orleans's level, and Kuzma never becoming that third dependable player.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If LeBron is in the playoffs I am sure he can ramp up the intensity.

8. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

Some people were even saying here that they would struggle to make the playoffs. Anyways, do you think these Lakers are more hateable than any Kobe Lakers team?

9. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

10. TimDuncanDonaut

:D that sounds like 'activating playoff mode'.

Lakers off to a good start this year which is fine. But I stand by Fan's ridicules of Lakers last year. It was a poop show. Walton parting ways, Magic publicly quitting because of Pelinka, AD's camp trying to bully his way out of NO, even though he was still under contract and deservedly got public backlash. Bron and that young core was meh, they missed the playoffs. Jason Kidd didn't get the head coaching job but still got hired. Kurt Rambis' wife apparently has soft power...etc

#30 TimDuncanDonaut, Nov 27, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    BigShasta likes this.
  11. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

The Lakers suck.

J.R. likes this.
  12. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

give it a couple weeks.

13. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

The best team in the NBA? You only look at the record, they do have the best winning percentage, but a few people believe the Fakers are the best, LAC could beat them easily, the rockets can beat them with a healthy team too.

We will see this in next two weeks, the LAL are going to play some good teams.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Not sure about that, I feel like most people think they are the best team right now. Also yeah, I do look at the record, they've lost 2 games...2.

If we were 15 and 2 we'd be pounding our chest and bragging about it too. That's a terrific start and there is no downplaying it. They have beat good teams, teams we have not beat, the Heat, the Mavs for example and have no bad losses on their record in that they have not lost to a team with a losing record like we have and have the 2nd best net rating in the NBA so they are doing so with ease.

Yeah, right now, they are the best team. Whether they are at the end of the year is another question but if they remain healthy why should I be surprised if they win a championship? Lebron has 3 and countless finals appearances. This is sort of what he does.

15. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

the way u said ol Bron and AD sounds like u low key a laker fan or a definite Bronsexual

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

When I give a fck I’ll let u know.

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Whoever made the Lakers schedule deserves a ring too. 14 teams below .500 already?

heypartner likes this.
  18. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

He's been all over LeBron's dick for quite sometime. Definitely a Bronsexual. This kid has an avatar of Harden and Russ wearing Astros jerseys and he hates the Astros. All you need to know. He'll betray you at the first sign of trouble like he did CP3 and has started to turn on Westbrook little by little. @J.R.

J.R. likes this.
  19. BigBum

BigBum Member

Lakers are 3:2 against above .500

rockets are 4:6 against above .500

20. BigBum

BigBum Member