1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 11/24/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Luxurytaxsavingsjersey.jpeg

I haven't checked recently: assuming Nene isn't going to make whatever ridiculous salary Morey tried to non guarantee him, are the Rockets, as currently comprised, projected to pay luxury tax at the end of this year, if all of the NG terms become guaranteed and e.g., Capela hits his incentives like his D Rebounding Percentage? And if they are in the tax, is it by a teensy bit, or something like 25 million in salaries and taxes?

The answer to those questions probably determines whether these guys stay or go.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The lack of minutes he gives Hartenstein frustrates me to no end. I quit watching when the Cowboys and Patriots game started, because at that point I had seen enough. Their play was embarassing, as was House's little girl Mickey Mouse ears hairstyle.

ak99999, hakeem94, roslolian and 4 others like this.
  3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Just finished watching on dvr.
    1. EG, GG being out are exposing the rockets for not having enough makers. We have plenty of shooters, but not makers.
    2. Even when we are fully healthy, our shooters are too streaky. In the playoffs our lack of defense and lack of ‘makers’ will result in falling short of a ship.
    3. Having harden is a blessing and a curse. We all know the blessings when he is on fire. The curse is two fold -not producing in the playoffs and the fact that everyone is afraid of him bc the coach is not the boss, harden is. I doubt Carlisle has this problem with Luka.

htwnbandit, ak99999, yixiixiy and 2 others like this.
  4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I think it sucks losing three in a row but
    Harden produces in the playoffs. I get that his bad games have been beyond bad, but his good games have been really good as well. It's not as if he's been carried night in and night out.

Tired of the disrespect.

5. rockets13champs

6. payaso

payaso Member

A solid 75 percent... I believe the archaic term is quadroon.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Mavs are on a roll, we will have ours.

8. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Great defense guys!!

Houstunna likes this.
  9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Honestly, from the box score, it looked like he actually had a good shooting night by his standards. He was even really good from the free throw line. What'd he do?

10. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

We need defensive coach again ? Miami match lose again

11. HP3

HP3 Member

Well...., we were down big, and we were making a run in the fourth quarter. And had to the lead to 5....and we'll

Harden got the steal(or something like that it was a turnover)....and passed it to Brodie....who bricked an open layup. And the game was never close after that. That's one of the big ones I remember at least. Other than that, it was the usual dudes doubling Harden and people bricking shots(Harden included) followed by sprinkles of Harden's dumb turnovers. :(

ak99999 likes this.
  12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I’m not a harden hater. Go ahead and check my history- you won’t find ANY negative posts from me about Harden. Go check. I know harden produces in the playoffs—-I’m just saying we have not produced a championship post-dream and our window is 3-4 yrs tops. Harden runs the organization and has a puppet coach and for whatever reason has had issues with his sidekicks. I’m just wondering why that is and whether there will be issues down the road with his best bud too. Who do we pair with Harden if Russ doesn’t workout?
    I am a big fan of beard and ultimately he has WAY more positives than drawbacks.

#952 Tfor3, Nov 24, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    BeBreezy likes this.
  13. BigBum

BigBum Member

MDA is not responsible for defense because he assigns this duty to his assists.

4th quarter defense needs better.

htwnbandit likes this.
  14. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

It won't be a problem that Carisle has w Luka that you should be watching, it is Luka's issues w Carlisle. MDA is a players coach and has kept Harden happy. Carlisle is not a players coach at all, and he is actually a horrible coach for star PGs. Luka is young and will listen to Carlisle for now, but if he doesn't see success after a few seasons I can see this relationship becoming an issue. If you watched the Rockets Mavs series where Rondo just quits, there were times when Jason Kidd wanted to strangle Carlisle and he has spoken about it. This year already Carlisle chose to preserve timeouts twice in one game while Luka lay on the ground bleeding from the head, and later being fouled hard on the chin.

Tfor3 and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  15. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

Westbrook played great. All of his 3 point attempts were wide open shots off the catch. Which imo is partially why he hit 2/5, no 3 point shots off the dribble. He only took 3 mid range shots the entire game, 2 of which were 16 feet or less. The FT shooting is probably an anomaly but at least his percentage is slowly creeping up.

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about his change of style of play this game. I'm almost positive they had a talk and instructed him to play differently after last game. He relentlessly drove the rim with all the open space and created opportunities for him and others countless times. He should've had way more assists but no one could hit a 3 for the most part. Either way, from a BBIQ/strategy standpoint this was by far his best game as a Rocket and I hope he continues this trend.

16. bmelo

bmelo Member

He is not responsible for anything but shouting at refs i guess. We can't figure out how to beat double team for 3 ****ing games straight my ****in god it is not elementary school, what in the world are they doing? this time around he has no nash or cp to bail him out on the court

17. JW86

JW86 Member

McLemore looked bad, but he has been very solid last couple of games. Showing he can defend, hustle and score and be a decent starter. Not his fault coach didn’t trust others.

18. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

The Rockets had a lot of open 3's they just missed. Unfortunately, with Gordon out, we're forced to play a lot of bricklayers heavy minutes...so I don't think there's anything drastic we can do differently.

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

early in the game we had westbrook together with 4 fuking minimum wages scrubs on the floor. that is on POS tilman first and foremost

pr0wler and J Sizzle like this.
  20. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Given I've only seen 3 games this season, I thought Rivers was a decent shooter if not good for most of last season hitting many clutch shots when nobody else on the team was scoring. So his shooting regressed?