1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ben Mclemore is bad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by psaman17, Nov 21, 2019.

1. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

He's really not bad at all. His energy is high & he's almost always has a decent +/-. He's slumping right now but overall he's been a positive

weopeo9744, carib and Williamson like this.
  2. bj3175

bj3175 Member

B Mac is good and he is going to get better

3. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

I think he's pretty solid. I'm happy to have him. I expect he just needs some positive reinforcement and a reason to believe. I think he's going to turn out to be a better than average shooter, a better than average defender, a better than average rebounder (for a 2 guard type), a near average passer, not a totally desperate ball handler. He could be a real strength for us.

4. Nook

Nook Member

$$$$$$$

pippendagimp and HP3 like this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

Tillman is stopping this team from winning man this sucks, god I hope he sells soon.

6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I've actually really liked Ben McClemore. He's had more good games than bad games. And of course he's had bad games. Do you know what they call players that almost never have a bad game? Superstars.

MrSabotage likes this.
  7. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Which is why Harden isn’t a superstar.

8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

He definitely almost never has a bad game. How do you average 39 points a game while regularly having bad games? You aren't good at math are you?

JayGoogle likes this.
  9. icewill36

icewill36 Member

He is only shooting 30% from outside. Hopefully this gets better since his career is 35, and he is probably getting more wide open than previous years. We have no choice but to ride with him until EGO and House are both healthy.

When this dude is off, he is REALLY off though damn. Air balls, side of the backboard, like cmon man.

10. HP3

HP3 Member

It takes a lot for me to dislike one of our guys, and I’ll tell you there are two things for me: 1. He misses wide open jump shots with beautiful form, 2. He plays horrendous defense.

If one of those things wasn’t there, I wouldn’t mind the other.

11. Nook

Nook Member

He is the best basketball player in the world. If James Harden isn’t a superstar, then there aren’t any.

James Harden isn’t perfect but enjoy him while he is in his prime because in 100 years of basketball there has never been anyone that has his unique skill set and I doubt we will ever see another one that can do what he does.

joshuaao, J Sizzle, jcmoon and 2 others like this.
  12. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

The amount of open shots this dude gets it's a shame they don't go to someone who can actually shoot. He has great form and he plays hard but he's pretty terrible on catch and shoots. In fact I'm always surprised when he makes one - wonder what the numbers are on his threes catch and shoot vs. off the dribble

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Cut him he is G league at best.

DD

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

McLemore had a nice couple weeks, but he is what he is. Shouldn’t be playing for a team that considers themselves a contender.

But hey...glad we penny pinched

DaDakota likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

I actually wonder if they plan to cut McLemore and give his spot to Frazier on a 2-way deal.

17. JazzLakerHater

If I’m Harden or Russ, I’d be slapping this dude upside the head with how many open shots he misses off their penetration.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

as an nba player he is, in a word, ghastly

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

that wouldn't go along with harden's theme of we need more vets and less inexperienced guys

Vivi likes this.
  20. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Dude still can't hit his open shots, isn't a ball handler and a minus defender. Trash tier NBA player that shouldn't be on any aspiring contenders rotation.